Author Stephen King to Pay for Troops' Holiday Trip Home

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
BANGOR, Maine — Author Stephen King and his wife are donating money so 150 soldiers from the Maine Army National Guard can come home for the holidays.

King and his wife, Tabitha, who live in Bangor, are paying $13,000 toward the cost of two bus trips so that members of the 3rd Battalion, 172nd Infantry Unit can travel from Camp Atterbury in Indiana to Maine for Christmas. The soldiers left Maine last week for training at Camp Atterbury. They are scheduled to depart for Afghanistan in January.

Author Stephen King to Pay for Troops' Holiday Trip Home - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

:clap2:

Great for him, Stephen has always been a excellent supporter of the troops.

I've always loved Stephen King. Camp Atterbury is right by my brother's lake house, we can hear them doing the drills and guns in the summer. That's one long bus ride back to Maine, but it will be worth it for them and their families. I wish ALL our men and woman serving in the military could be home with their families for Christmas.

Great Job by Stephen King. Seems like a small gesture but it means alot to the soldiers

Nice that a nutter would post a story about a liberal doing something like that huh? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back