New Navy Uniforms

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Has anyone seen the new Navy utilities?
All I have to say is don't fall overboard!

new_navy.jpg

I think all of the new Navy uniforms just suck. They look awful. They absolutely ruined tradition. I'm glad I retired from the Navy back in 1989. In those days sailors looked like sailors. Chiefs looked like Chiefs. Officers looked like officers. Now everybody looks alike. I go to the Naval Hospital at Great Lakes every quarter to pick up prescriptions and it just kills me to see the sailors running around in those dumb looking crummy uniforms. They should hang the uniform board for allowing the uniform changes that look so silly.

MAN OVERBOARD!!

Fuck, where'd he go? Can anyone see him? WHY DO WE NOT WEAR ORANGE?!

I think all of the new Navy uniforms just suck. They look awful. They absolutely ruined tradition. I'm glad I retired from the Navy back in 1989. In those days sailors looked like sailors. Chiefs looked like Chiefs. Officers looked like officers. Now everybody looks alike. I go to the Naval Hospital at Great Lakes every quarter to pick up prescriptions and it just kills me to see the sailors running around in those dumb looking crummy uniforms. They should hang the uniform board for allowing the uniform changes that look so silly.

China only felt like making one kind of uniform for us

I think they're keeping the whites but I haven't heard about the dress blues (enlisted). I sorta remember reading they were going with dress khakis to replace the enlisted blues. Tell me it ain't so!!
I read about it a while back at Military.com. If I remember the pole they conducted was pretty evenly divided. Us old timers hated it for the most part, most of the the newbies loved it.

WTF is with the recent fascination for the BDU-style uniform?

I don't get it.

☭proletarian☭;1806121 said:
China only felt like making one kind of uniform for us

When three branches switched, we got one crossover for free

I think the new uniforms are a good Idea , the old bellbottoms looked kind of clownish and silly.

I think they're keeping the whites but I haven't heard about the dress blues (enlisted). I sorta remember reading they were going with dress khakis to replace the enlisted blues. Tell me it ain't so!!
I read about it a while back at Military.com. If I remember the pole they conducted was pretty evenly divided. Us old timers hated it for the most part, most of the the newbies loved it.

I saw the new Navy khakis a few months back when a ship berthed here in NYC I thought the sailors I saw walking around in them were some type of rotc group, I dont like the new uniforms at all, a big part of the Naval service is adherence to tradition.

I saw the new Navy khakis a few months back when a ship berthed here in NYC I thought the sailors I saw walking around in them were some type of rotc group, I dont like the new uniforms at all, a big part of the Naval service is adherence to tradition.

You think that's bad...you should have heard the goat locker pitch a bitch about the khaki shirts for E-6 and below!!!! Personally I don't like the working uniform but hey...I retired from the Nav 10 years ago...what do I know....and the BDU's...they look like a bunch of camoflaged waterspouts.

Last edited:

You think that's bad...you should have heard the goat locker pitch a bitch about the khaki shirts for E-6 and below!!!! Personally I don't like the working uniform but hey...I retired from the Nav 10 years ago...what do I know....and the BDU's...they look like a bunch of camoflaged waterspouts.

Hell that was my second thought, the first being what man overboard? I bet the chiefs went ape shit!

I got to say those uniforms look a hell of alot more comfortable than the dungerees we used to wear. Id also rather go overboard in those than dungerees. Swimming in that denim sucks ass.

I got to say those uniforms look a hell of alot more comfortable than the dungerees we used to wear. Id also rather go overboard in those than dungerees. Swimming in that denim sucks ass.

Didn't like the survival swimming course?

Didn't like the survival swimming course?

Im a strong swimmer. I easilly passed it and the Navy SEAL test to get into BUDs as well. With that said, it still sucks to swim in denim. It grips your legs. Its suffocating.

I really tried my best not to comment on this topic, but forgive me but the NWU BDU's look like an attempt to come close to the new USMC utilties except the color scheme and someone should have told the Navy that sailors are not Marines and I doubt you would find many Marines who would disagree with me. One other thought comes to mind as well, of a sailor with too much time on his or her hands and decides to have a little paint party with basic gray paint and sort of reminds me of the slogan " haze gray and underway". I will have to count myself in the traditional Navy as sailors should look like sailors and Officers should look like Officers. While I do understand the need or desire to update the Navy's uniform, frankly to abandon tradition when doing so and then at the same time have to rely on China to supply those uniforms is very troubling, then again and this is a personal opinion comming from Adm. Mike McMullen this doesn't surprise me at all.

Forum List

Back