Aus women becoming single mothers, can't fine perfect men

It isn't perfect. They aren't looking for perfect. That's an excuse. The reality is, they can't be bothered with putting up with the needs of another person. They aren't looking for a man, but an android that can be shut off and put in the closet when necessary.

This comment makes no sense if you consider the topic of the article, women in Victoria increasingly choosing to become single mothers...

Because there is nothing demanding or needy about a child...

They don't know that until after they have the child. They're looking for unconditional love and the child will give them that, no matter how they treat the child.

It isn't perfect. They aren't looking for perfect. That's an excuse. The reality is, they can't be bothered with putting up with the needs of another person. They aren't looking for a man, but an android that can be shut off and put in the closet when necessary.

^^^this.
can you imagine the male and child hater Noomi to be a wife or a mother?

Yes, and it's terrifying.

You have no idea what kind of mother I would be, so STFU.

^^^this.

I know you think parents of ODD kids caused their kids ODD. I know you think fat people shouldn't be allowed to fly. I pretty much know you have no heart so you couldn't possibly make a good parent. More than anything, children need love and acceptance, you don't seem to have an abundance of either. And I can only go by what you say on this board. You are right, I have no idea what you are like in real life. Hopefully, you are nothing like you are on this board.

I know you think parents of ODD kids caused their kids ODD. I know you think fat people shouldn't be allowed to fly. I pretty much know you have no heart so you couldn't possibly make a good parent. More than anything, children need love and acceptance, you don't seem to have an abundance of either. And I can only go by what you say on this board. You are right, I have no idea what you are like in real life. Hopefully, you are nothing like you are on this board.

I am the kindest, friendliest person you could ever meet. I am protective of the people I care about, but I hate it when people make excuses for their bad behavior. I am shy but I am always there as a shoulder to cry on, I am always prepared to listen, and if you were a true friend, I would walk through hot coals for you. And I would make a fantastic mother, to a child who would be loved, adored, and raised to be the best person they could be.

But let your ignorance get in the way. I wonder what kind of mother you are. A shitty one, maybe?

I am the kindest, friendliest person you could ever meet. I am protective of the people I care about, but I hate it when people make excuses for their bad behavior. I am shy but I am always there as a shoulder to cry on, I am always prepared to listen, and if you were a true friend, I would walk through hot coals for you. And I would make a fantastic mother, to a child who would be loved, adored, and raised to be the best person they could be.

But let your ignorance get in the way. I wonder what kind of mother you are. A shitty one, maybe?

According to your standards, yes. I've raised two autistic boys. My fault I know. Just wanted an excuse to medicate them except that my youngest wasn't on medication until he was put in a facility at 25 and my oldest still isn't on medication at 29. I deal.

I have friends of all sizes, colors and income. I volunteer much of my time now that my youngest is being cared for and I have the time to give. Did 16 shows last month at the local theater. I found the volunteers for each performance, I put up the posters and the signs, and picked up the signs after the play was over. I set out the concessions and the bar and I worked the bar when I couldn't find a volunteer with a bar license. I put in one day a week giving out lunches to the homeless and I take my oldest son with me so that he learns how to give back to the community. He also helps out at the theater when I need him even though he refuses to see the plays. He's autistic, I deal.

I belong to a sorority and our only goal is to raise funds for cancer research. We meet once a month and have a fund raiser every month in addition. I go to stores with letters for donations. I help sell whatever items we come up with to sell. I had out goody bags at the bowl a strike for cancer we hold every spring and I help find donations to put in goody bags for the participants.

Yeah, Noomi, I'm a terrible mother. I actually was a cub-scout leader so I could get my oldest into cub-scouts and no one would take him, with him being autistic and all. I volunteered at my youngest son's school and still have one of the cards the kids gave me that said "Mrs Criscione, you are awesome!" But yeah, I'm a lousy mother, after all I have two autistic kids, one that also has a bit of ODD and we all know that's just made up so parents can have an excuse for their children to behave badly.

Plus, <gasp> I'm fat and don't deserve to fly.

Yeah, Noomi, you got me, I'm a terrible person. And since I don't need to hear that from someone as heartless and uncaring as you, welcome to my ignore list. I won't say anything else because, well, I don't use that kind of language.

Last edited:
Another thing to keep in mind is that Australia has serious gender imbalance. Women seriously outnumber men over there.

---

Australia suffering 'man drought'

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Australia suffering 'man drought'

I think I am planning a trip to Australia minus the wife and kids!

"The biggest cheaters in Sydney are women" - top PI

My company opened a HUGE business in Australia. I am going to do some serious butt kissing the Next global team meeting in March and get the fast track on job out there!

There are a few countries I would consider living in other than US, Australia is 1 or 2 on the list. This was prior to learning about the man drought

If I every left the US (not going to happen) here is my list in order to where I would like to go:
(1) Australia (I already know the language, great economy, great weather, great people and great country)
(2) Canada (Great country, great economy great people, close to the US for visits home, but the weather sucks)
(3) Israel (I would have to learn another language, but the economy is great, the people are great and it would be easy for me to get citizenship; oh yea the weather is top notch)
(4) New Zealand (see Australia)
(5) Britian (Wouldn't have to learn a new language, but the job market is tough and it's uber expensive over there)
(6) Costa Rica (Would have to learn Spanish, which I am starting. Has some good opportunities for skilled foreigners. Very low cost of living. Low crime rate. Decent healthcare system. Amazing weather)
(7) Mexico (My parents are snowbirds and I have been there a few times. Not as dangerous as advertised. Mexicans don't resent Americans like what is advertised. There are many GREAT opportunities for Gringos americanos que hablan Español!)

The article says they are holding out for the perfect mate. Are they themselves perfect? Does perfect exist?
As far as I am concerned there is only one superpower that is perfect.

As for finding the right mate, they can spread the word when having social gatherings at their church or synagogue. This is a great way to find someone compatible.

When I was young, I almost moved to Australia. They were offering air fare and a job to any female that was willing to move there. No air fare home if it didn't work out though. They must've gotten some crappy women in that promotion.

Truth is there are no "perfect" men. There are no "perfect" women. Marriage doesn't come naturally, it's work. I've been married to the same man for 32 years and yea, there are times I wonder why we ever got together in the first place, but we work it out. There are times I'm sure he wonders why he ever married me too, but again, we work it out. Getting married is easy, but keeping a marriage, that takes work, on both sides. Too many people too lazy to work at it and divorce is much to easy to get.

^^^this.
I think that Noomi is a very dedicated and loyal person to her job, to physical and mental fitness, and her extended family. When she meets the right bloke, I think she will be a dedicated and loyal parent to her child, whether girl or boy, in good times and in bad, and she will have the love and backup of a very proud family. Her politics are more thoughtful than when she first got here, and she's starting to look for facts when she speaks. I'd like to say I helped, but actually, she's a plucky young lady, and she pulled herself out of the negative trap and has put herself into the positive in just a couple of years. She may never see things like I do, but she has proven over time she is a worthwhile person, trying to do the right thing and get her facts straight.

That's pretty darn good for someone so young, imho.

Responsible people don't set out to be a single parent

Have you ever been date raped?

Women who have sometimes bear the consequences of that unwanted power play of some idiot who thinks "she wants me," even after she's told him to leave her alone, "no," and not realizing she needed a can of mace to be safe around him because he thinks the world revolves around his basal desires. Nowadays, if his rape causes pregnancy, he denies it until confronted with the DNA tests and a child with half his inherited traits.

This is not a nice world for single women sometimes. You'd know that if you were a girl. I know it because it happened to my best friend in college, before they had DNA tests.

^^^this.
I think that Noomi is a very dedicated and loyal person to her job, to physical and mental fitness, and her extended family. When she meets the right bloke, I think she will be a dedicated and loyal parent to her child, whether girl or boy, in good times and in bad, and she will have the love and backup of a very proud family. Her politics are more thoughtful than when she first got here, and she's starting to look for facts when she speaks. I'd like to say I helped, but actually, she's a plucky young lady, and she pulled herself out of the negative trap and has put herself into the positive in just a couple of years. She may never see things like I do, but she has proven over time she is a worthwhile person, trying to do the right thing and get her facts straight.

I don't agree, but then again, she's attacked me personally on almost every level possible. She knows nothing about ODD but feels confident enough to say that all parents of ODD children are responsible for their children;s condition and just want to drug them because they are brats. (I have two autistic children, one of which has also been diagnosed with OCD and ODD) She has said fat people shouldn't be able to fly. I am overweight. Apparently I will always be over weight. I've tried dieting and every time I start losing weight, something else happens and I gain it right back. Last time it was the bone spurs in my feet. She has many, many hateful ideas and thoughts towards anyone that doesn't fit into what she thinks is "perfect." She think that people with special needs children should have aborted them before they were born. Good grief, how can anyone even defend this person?

^^^this.

Fuck you, arsewipe.

"I'm sorry you think that" is more effective than every 4-letter word in the book. And I think you can do diplomacy in the face of disparagement. In fact, I know you can. I've seen it. ;)

^^^this.

I don't agree, but then again, she's attacked me personally on almost every level possible. She knows nothing about ODD but feels confident enough to say that all parents of ODD children are responsible for their children;s condition and just want to drug them because they are brats. (I have two autistic children, one of which has also been diagnosed with OCD and ODD) She has said fat people shouldn't be able to fly. I am overweight. Apparently I will always be over weight. I've tried dieting and every time I start losing weight, something else happens and I gain it right back. Last time it was the bone spurs in my feet. She has many, many hateful ideas and thoughts towards anyone that doesn't fit into what she thinks is "perfect." She think that people with special needs children should have aborted them before they were born. Good grief, how can anyone even defend this person?
I once neg repped this young lady and told her what her offense was. She never did it again, which earned my respect. Later on, she did one of the hardest things a person can do. She decided to use some of her energy on becoming physically fit, earning badges and ribbons in her sport as she trimmed down and literally became a different person.

No, I don't agree with everyone on their politics, but Ms. Noomi took charge of her own life, made it better for herself and those around her, and does just fine if you just leave her alone, even if you don't see eye to eye.

I'm never happy to see someone in today's liberal trap which practically demands a communistic outcome, but schools and universities have gotten so aloof in this country they're not seeing the forest for the trees and are entangled in confusion that somehow a group can call the shots on individuals. I know from reading that the 35 years before my birth and until I was born, two World Wars were fought, and over one hundred million people died worldwide because while the civilized world was engaged in putting down the Germans once and for all, China and Russia were engaged in eliminating by some warfare and a lot of forced starvation of its own citizens within its borders to the point of genocide, and in Africa, the same thing was rampant with the rise and fall of militia leaders becoming leaders who killed rather than dealt over negotiation tables with their political rivals.

Noomi comes from a different educational background and may have been taught not to trust conservatives in her own country by some of the beautiful people there like our own starlets who get caught up in being so open minded their brains start falling out when drug use starts. I don't know. I only know that I've seen a lot from this young lady, and that nobody should be dropping the bad mother bomb on someone else at USMB. It causes intolerable things to be said as counter fire by people in English-speaking and other cultures.

I'd like to see you both mend fences like civil adults and try to get along without all the liver eating.

You're both better people than you know. Don't destroy the good in your life with one-uppance character assassinations.

"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with you" doesn't work. As the song says, "let it begin with me."

And I have plenty of work to do in that department, so sayonara till tomorrow.

I once neg repped this young lady and told her what her offense was. She never did it again, which earned my respect. Later on, she did one of the hardest things a person can do. She decided to use some of her energy on becoming physically fit, earning badges and ribbons in her sport as she trimmed down and literally became a different person.

No, I don't agree with everyone on their politics, but Ms. Noomi took charge of her own life, made it better for herself and those around her, and does just fine if you just leave her alone, even if you don't see eye to eye.

I'm never happy to see someone in today's liberal trap which practically demands a communistic outcome, but schools and universities have gotten so aloof in this country they're not seeing the forest for the trees and are entangled in confusion that somehow a group can call the shots on individuals. I know from reading that the 35 years before my birth and until I was born, two World Wars were fought, and over one hundred million people died worldwide because while the civilized world was engaged in putting down the Germans once and for all, China and Russia were engaged in eliminating by some warfare and a lot of forced starvation of its own citizens within its borders to the point of genocide, and in Africa, the same thing was rampant with the rise and fall of militia leaders becoming leaders who killed rather than dealt over negotiation tables with their political rivals.

Noomi comes from a different educational background and may have been taught not to trust conservatives in her own country by some of the beautiful people there like our own starlets who get caught up in being so open minded their brains start falling out when drug use starts. I don't know. I only know that I've seen a lot from this young lady, and that nobody should be dropping the bad mother bomb on someone else at USMB. It causes intolerable things to be said as counter fire by people in English-speaking and other cultures.

I'd like to see you both mend fences like civil adults and try to get along without all the liver eating.

You're both better people than you know. Don't destroy the good in your life with one-uppance character assassinations.

"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with you" doesn't work. As the song says, "let it begin with me."

I'm sure Noomi is pleased you've come to defend her. Don't bother doing so for me again, i have her on ignore and I expect she'll stay there for quite awhile. I deserve more than the way I feel after reading her hateful posts. You may not think so, but there is nothing worse than having someone tell you that you are at fault for your children's neurological disorders. In fact that's the biggest reason for divorce amongst parents of special needs kids. So far, my husband and I have stayed away from the blame game, I sure as hell don't need it from, well nevermind. She's on ignore I expect she'll stay there. If you try to defend her to me again, you'll probably end up with her. I don't deserve this from her or anybody.

I wouldn't have become so hateful if you had simply respected the fact that I had a different opinion. One can have a respectful debate, not one that descends into insults because you don't agree.
I never said you were a bad parent - the only time I did was after YOU said that I would make a terrible parent. I don't what sort of mum you are, and you don't know what sort of mother I would be. I have never met you, or your children.
I simply see the world in a different way to you, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Never said it was your fault your kids have autism, which is NOT O.D.D, by the way. That thread was not about your kids, it was about other kids. You jumped in and assumed I was attacking you and your family. I have a cousin with Aspergers and I know its got nothing to do with his parents. Its just the way he is. But there is nothing wrong with stating - correctly - that some illnesses are very over diagnosed, and a lot of kids with ADHD are simply put, brats. Because its true. Not all, but a lot. If you can't admit that, then fine. Autism, ADD, ODD etc never existed years ago, now suddenly, every second child is being diagnosed with behavior problems. Why?

I won't admit that I was wrong because I am sticking by my opinion, but I will apologise for insulting you. I shouldn't have to, but I will, even though I am on ignore. I am sorry to have hurt your feelings.

You can choose to accept my apology, or ignore it.

I predict that in the not too far distant future few Australians will enter into serious relationships/marriage.
I predict they'll be staying single and living at home with their parents all their lives.

I'm sure Noomi is pleased you've come to defend her. Don't bother doing so for me again, i have her on ignore and I expect she'll stay there for quite awhile. I deserve more than the way I feel after reading her hateful posts. You may not think so, but there is nothing worse than having someone tell you that you are at fault for your children's neurological disorders. In fact that's the biggest reason for divorce amongst parents of special needs kids. So far, my husband and I have stayed away from the blame game, I sure as hell don't need it from, well nevermind. She's on ignore I expect she'll stay there. If you try to defend her to me again, you'll probably end up with her. I don't deserve this from her or anybody.
Board etiquette of not carrying baggage from one thread to another is universal. Gangbanging people in association with convenient confederates is also in poor taste. Hope I never see you doing it again.

Last edited:
Not just hot. Any remotely attractive woman could easily get a man. Children no children it doesn't matter. They are out there.

Forum List

Back