Aug 2012 BLS report

Your claim of not being an obama supporter is becoming very suspicious. I doubt it no matter how many times you deny it.
Why? Where have I said anything in support of Obama? He has nothing to do with BLS operations.

While that may be true, it has nothing to do with the accuracy of the reports. If you're claiming there's some kind of difference between what most people read and the details, then it should be easy for you to point out the differences.

I'm not sure why you think the fact that most of the public doesn't read the detailed reports is any kind of evidence of manipulation.

Why? Where have I said anything in support of Obama? He has nothing to do with BLS operations.
Your rabid defense of the BLS numbers. Who in the fuck hired the head of THE Department of labor?
Who the fuck hired Gallup? Gallup has today's UE at 7.9%

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

While that may be true, it has nothing to do with the accuracy of the reports. If you're claiming there's some kind of difference between what most people read and the details, then it should be easy for you to point out the differences.

I'm not sure why you think the fact that most of the public doesn't read the detailed reports is any kind of evidence of manipulation.

Your rabid defense of the BLS numbers. Who in the fuck hired the head of THE Department of labor?
BLS, and Census, and BEA are independent statistical agencies. Main DOL has nothing to do with BLS operations or programs, and no one at main Commerce has anything to do with the running of Census or BEA.
Obama has nominated a new commissioner for BLS, but she hasn't been confirmed. They've had an acting commissioner since Jan, when the last commissioner, a Bush appointee, retired. So BLS has never had any Obama appointees in it, and Hild Solis has no operational control or access to the data.

Deflection alert,
BLS
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
equals department of labor.NOW YOU WERE SAYING??
Secretary Hilda L. Solis was confirmed as Secretary of Labor on February 24, 2009
U.S. Department of Labor -- Office of the Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis

why? Where have i said anything in support of obama? He has nothing to do with bls operations.

why? Where have i said anything in support of obama? He has nothing to do with bls operations.
your rabid defense of the bls numbers. Who in the fuck hired the head of the department of labor?
who the fuck hired gallup? Gallup has today's ue at 7.9%

gallup daily: U.s. Employment

derp derp derp derp derp

BLS, and Census, and BEA are independent statistical agencies. Main DOL has nothing to do with BLS operations or programs, and no one at main Commerce has anything to do with the running of Census or BEA.
Obama has nominated a new commissioner for BLS, but she hasn't been confirmed. They've had an acting commissioner since Jan, when the last commissioner, a Bush appointee, retired. So BLS has never had any Obama appointees in it, and Hild Solis has no operational control or access to the data.

Deflection alert,
BLS
Secretary Hilda L. Solis was confirmed as Secretary of Labor on February 24, 2009
:asshole: alert

Office of Inspector General (OIG) - Biography of the Inspector General

Daniel R. Petrole is currently the Deputy Inspector General, U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Office of Inspector General.
Appointed Deputy Inspector General on July 23, 2006, he oversees the day-to-day operation of a nationwide program of audits, and criminal investigations, relating to the programs and operations of DOL. Mr. Petrole has over 36 years of extensive experience overseeing criminal and civil investigations, audits, and/or internal inspections.

Deflection alert,
BLS
:asshol: alert

Daniel R. Petrole is currently the Deputy Inspector General, U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Office of Inspector General.
Appointed Deputy Inspector General on July 23, 2006, he oversees the day-to-day operation of a nationwide program of audits, and criminal investigations, relating to the programs and operations of DOL. Mr. Petrole has over 36 years of extensive experience overseeing criminal and civil investigations, audits, and/or internal inspections.

deflection alert
Dumb ass it was said the appoint to the department of labor was a bush appointee, No she wasn't

Deflection alert,
BLS

deflection alert
Dumb ass it was said the appoint to the department of labor was a bush appointee, No she wasn't
The person who oversees the audits is a Bush appointee, the GOP have blocked Obama's Inspector General, so if anyone cooks the BLS numbers as you falsely claim they have to answer to the Bush appointee, not Solis.
Try again.

deflection alert
The person who oversees the audits is a Bush appointee, the GOP have blocked Obama's Inspector General, so if anyone cooks the BLS numbers as you falsely claim they have to answer to the Bush appointee, not Solis.
Try again.

One more fucking time you dumb ass son of a bitch. the Secretary of labor which is in charge of all of it is an obama appointee

No matter who wins the election, Wells Fargo, the conservative economic forecaster, predicts unemployment to decrease to 7.3% by the end of next year.

This is because stimulus laid the ground work for the recovery.

Right now Europe is in a recession, China is slowing down, the MW drought and the uncertainty of the fiscal cliff are all head winds to the economy.

Despite this, private employment growth remains positive and better than 4 years ago.

In Sept 2008, priv employ growth was -400,000 and going down. It hit bottom in Jan 2009 at -810,000. Its been averaging +100,000 the last few months, despite the head winds.

I call that success.

Click on graph to enlarge.

Attachments

• $Priv Employ for 0812.jpg
    $Priv Employ for 0812.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 54
deflection alert
Try again.

One more fucking time you dumb ass son of a bitch. the Secretary of labor which is in charge of all of it is an obama appointee

Asshol alert. Good one. LOL That would be a good name for a Forum. :badgrin:

Last edited:
deflection alert
Try again.

One more time you dumb assed son of a bitch, the person who audits the numbers, the Inspector General, to make sure that the Secretary of Labor or anyone else does not cook the numbers is a BUSH appointee!

Try again.

One more time you dumb assed son of a bitch, the person who audits the numbers, the Inspector General, to make sure that the Secretary of Labor or anyone else does not cook the numbers is a BUSH appointee!

His boss is the Secretary of labor.

Nobody said that.

Horse shit Who oversees the department of labor?
The Secretary of Labor, Hilda Solis. But nobody here has claimed she was appointed by Bush. Ed was talking about the DOL IG and I was talking about the last BLS Commissioner. Both were appointed by Bush. Nobody claimed the Secretary of Labor was.

While BLS falls under DOL, it's actually older than DOL and has no interaction with DOL except for HR, Budget, Personel, etc. It's in a seperate building, seperate computer servers, etc. No one at DOL, including the Secretary, has access or influence over BLS data. Same thing with Census and BEA under Commerce. Do you need links to the relevant laws and policy directives?

The BLS Commissioner has final approval authority over BLS releases. Sec Labor does not.

But that's all irrelevant, anyway. You still haven't explained, even if Sec Labor could interfere with BLS, how that process would work.

How on earth do you think that nobody has ever noticed that the headline numbers, which you claim are manipulated, don't match the detailed info, which you say wouldn't be? That makes no sense. Add in how no one has ever shown actual evidence of manipulation? Every claim I've seen, at most, tries to say the definitions are set overall to skew...but that's not the same as manipulation that could give a specifically desired result.

Nobody said that.

The Secretary of Labor, Hilda Solis. But nobody here has claimed she was appointed by Bush. Ed was talking about the DOL IG and I was talking about the last BLS Commissioner. Both were appointed by Bush. Nobody claimed the Secretary of Labor was.

While BLS falls under DOL, it's actually older than DOL and has no interaction with DOL except for HR, Budget, Personel, etc. It's in a seperate building, seperate computer servers, etc. No one at DOL, including the Secretary, has access or influence over BLS data. Same thing with Census and BEA under Commerce. Do you need links to the relevant laws and policy directives?

The BLS Commissioner has final approval authority over BLS releases. Sec Labor does not.

But that's all irrelevant, anyway. You still haven't explained, even if Sec Labor could interfere with BLS, how that process would work.

How on earth do you think that nobody has ever noticed that the headline numbers, which you claim are manipulated, don't match the detailed info, which you say wouldn't be? That makes no sense. Add in how no one has ever shown actual evidence of manipulation? Every claim I've seen, at most, tries to say the definitions are set overall to skew...but that's not the same as manipulation that could give a specifically desired result.
There you goi with the deflection I'm talking about the head of the department of labor controlling it all and you deflect with bull shit from the beginning.
Now move on sport.

While BLS falls under DOL, it's actually older than DOL and has no interaction with DOL except for HR, Budget, Personel, etc. It's in a seperate building, seperate computer servers, etc. No one at DOL, including the Secretary, has access or influence over BLS data. Same thing with Census and BEA under Commerce. The subordinate agencies report to, but are not directly controlled by, the Department they fall under. Do you need links to the relevant laws and policy directives?

There you goi with the deflection I'm talking about the head of the department of labor controlling it all and you deflect with bull shit from the beginning.
Now move on sport.

But she doesn't. Any more than Sec Commerce controls the Census or BEA or the Attorney General controls the FBI, or the Sec Interior controls the Park Service.
You really shouldn't vote if you don't know how your own government works.

All the laws for security etc for statistical agencies refer ONLY to the specific agency and NOT the Cabinet Dept it may fall under.

But in any case, man up...tell me how the manipulation is done and show your evidence.

Oh, wait, you can't. You keep refusing.

Try again...Let's just go with Unemployment stats. Explain to the class how they are collected, how they are compiled, how they are released, and how in that process there is any opportunity to manipulate and by whom. And then how, when shared with Census and BEA and used to compile the state data, no one has ever complained of any discrepencies or manipulation. How the IG has never noticed, how the OMB has never noticed, how Congressional Oversight has never noticed. How no academic researcher or BLS employee has ever blown the whistle.

I won't hold my breath. You'll just call names and keep saying they are without any details.

Last edited:

Now move on sport.

But she doesn't. Any more than Sec Commerce controls the Census or BEA or the Attorney General controls the FBI, or the Sec Interior controls the Park Service.
You really shouldn't vote if you don't know how your own government works.

All the laws for security etc for statistical agencies refer ONLY to the specific agency and NOT the Cabinet Dept it may fall under.

But in any case, man up...tell me how the manipulation is done and show your evidence.

Oh, wait, you can't. You keep refusing.

Try again...Let's just go with Unemployment stats. Explain to the class how they are collected, how they are compiled, how they are released, and how in that process there is any opportunity to manipulate and by whom. And then how, when shared with Census and BEA and used to compile the state data, no one has ever complained of any discrepencies or manipulation. How the IG has never noticed, how the OMB has never noticed, how Congressional Oversight has never noticed. How no academic researcher or BLS employee has ever blown the whistle.

I won't hold my breath. You'll just call names and keep saying they are without any details.

deflection

Forum List

Back