Attorney General Eric Holder--in trouble again--this time over gun ownership.

Seems to me YOU are the stupid one, Chrissy. If you'd quit wearing those panties over your head some oxygen might get in.

WTF is an assault weapon? Does this mean *I* should be banned? I can kill you in half a dozen ways in less than a second each way, with my fingers.

Guess I need to have those little murderous things amputated huh?

You are such a douche.:eusa_eh:

No wonder your wife is leaving you.
way to make it personal, moron

I think he just hates veterans.

Washington, D.C. - In the four years since the federal assault weapons ban expired on September 15, 2004, at least 163 people have been killed and 185 wounded with military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, including at least 38 police officers killed or wounded, according to a report being issued today by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Restrictions on assault weapons, which drew support from Presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush, have been addressed by both major candidates for President: “Senator Barack Obama has stated as recently as his convention acceptance speech that it is imperative that criminals be denied the use of assault weapons,” the report says. “Senator John McCain, who has opposed the NRA on gun shows and other issues, has been firm in his opposition to an assault weapon ban.”

The report outlines how the availability of assault weapons has altered the balance of power on urban streets between police and criminals, endangering police officers and causing a growing number of police departments to use assault weapons to match the firepower they face . The report also explores the ties between terrorism and assault weapons.

“Our communities are less safe today than they were four years ago, when devastating weapons like AK-47s were not as easily available to thugs and other dangerous people,” said Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Center. “We urge policymakers to take action now to get these weapons off the streets.”

The Brady Center report is entitled Mass Produced Mayhem, a phrase used by federal law enforcement officials to describe the guns back in 1994. The report is available online at
http://www.bradycenter.org/xshare/pdf/reports/mass-produced-mayhem.pdf

Over the past four years, the Brady Center has tracked available news coverage of hundreds of incidents to prepare the report. The incidents on the list involved weapons banned under the expired federal act as well as copycat and similar models that would be banned under proposed stronger legislation. The analysis makes a compelling case that federal policymakers should again ban military-style assault weapons.

“This is a very cautious estimate of the injuries and deaths inflicted with assault weapons since the 1994 law expired,” said Brian J. Siebel, the author of the report. “It only includes incidents covered by the news media. The danger that our communities face from these weapons likely is far worse than this report indicates.”

The victim list of those killed with assault weapons since the federal ban expires runs the gamut from grandmothers to young children to decorated police officers:

Stephen Liczbinski, a 12-year veteran of the Philadelphia Police Department, executed in May by bank robbery suspects just days short of his 40th birthday. He left a wife, Michelle, and three children, Matt, Stephen and Amber.

Vicky Armel, 40, the Fairfax County, Virginia police veteran who was the mother of two girls, five and seven, when she and officer Michael Garbarino lost their lives on May 2006. She volunteered at her church and decorated the local school gym at the holidays. The shooter: Michael Kennedy, an 18-year-old mental patient whose mother helped him practice firing his AK-47 assault rifle and whose father supplied him with marijuana.

Siretha White of Chicago died of stray assault weapon fire that came through the windows of her aunt’s house, where she was at her own surprise birthday party on March 11, 2006 just days before her 11th birthday. Siretha loved acting and excelled as a fifth grader at Vernon Johns Community Academy. She also loved jumping rope, basketball and boxing with her brother. “I have lost my precious ‘Nugget’ to a deadly assault weapon that had no business being in my neighborhood,” said Siretha’s mother, Siretha Woods. “She would be alive today but for the deadliness of these weapons.”

Janet Jorgensen, 68, mother of three and grandmother of eight, who had just celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary when she was gunned down in the Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska during the Christmas shopping season in December 2007. At St. James Catholic Church, the crowd for her funeral was standing room only. Robert Hawkins, 19, killed eight before committing suicide.
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Last edited:
Assault weapon refers to firearms that had been developed from earlier fully-automatic firearms into semi-automatic civilian-legal versions. Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent casing and load the next round into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun, rather, only 1 shot comes from each trigger pull.

By former U.S. law the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, H&K G36E, TEC-9, all non-automatic AK-47s, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of features from the following list of features:

A semi-automatic AK-47 rifle.
An Intratec AB-10 with 32-round magazine; a semi-automatic pistol formerly classified as an Assault Weapon under Federal Law.Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades)
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm
Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
Pistol grip
Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
Detachable magazine
The earlier term assault rifle, refers to rifles that are select-fire (that is, rifles that are capable of either semi-automatic or fully-automatic fire), firing intermediate-power rounds (such as the 5.56 x 45 mm NATO, or 7.62 x 39 mm), which along with fully automatic pistols, provided the pre-cursor for the term "assault weapon." In contrast, the term assault weapon as used in civilian and U.S. legal usage refers to a semi-automatic firearm with certain features, as listed above. The ban did not cover "assault rifles" but merely the new category of "assault weapons" which did not include automatic firearms of any type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Weapons_Ban

Assault weapon refers to firearms that had been developed from earlier fully-automatic firearms into semi-automatic civilian-legal versions. Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent casing and load the next round into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun, rather, only 1 shot comes from each trigger pull.

By former U.S. law the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, H&K G36E, TEC-9, all non-automatic AK-47s, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of features from the following list of features:

An Intratec AB-10 with 32-round magazine; a semi-automatic pistol formerly classified as an Assault Weapon under Federal Law.Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades)
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine
The earlier term assault rifle, refers to rifles that are select-fire (that is, rifles that are capable of either semi-automatic or fully-automatic fire), firing intermediate-power rounds (such as the 5.56 x 45 mm NATO, or 7.62 x 39 mm), which along with fully automatic pistols, provided the pre-cursor for the term "assault weapon." In contrast, the term assault weapon as used in civilian and U.S. legal usage refers to a semi-automatic firearm with certain features, as listed above. The ban did not cover "assault rifles" but merely the new category of "assault weapons" which did not include automatic firearms of any type.

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
again, that DOESNT answer the question

is THIS also an assault riffle?

DisplayPic.aspx
answer the question Chris

Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine

Sorry, but it does.

Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine

Sorry, but it does.
no it doesnt

just admit you don't know the answer moron
because you don't know what an assault rifle is

Why should I know?

The law defined it the way I posted it.

But you need not worry. America will continue to supply criminals with the most powerful guns it can, because of stupid people like you.

Why should I know?

The law defined it the way I posted it.

But you need not worry. America will continue to supply criminals with the most powerful guns it can, because of stupid people like you.
so, can you or can you not interpret the law to say if that rifle i posted the pic of is or isn't an assault rifle?

you cant answer a simple question and your calling ME stupid

:lol:
tff

Criminals don't have to ignore the law. The legality of assault weapons makes it easier for criminals to get these guns.

How fucking stupid are you?

Seems to me YOU are the stupid one, Chrissy. If you'd quit wearing those panties over your head some oxygen might get in.

WTF is an assault weapon? Does this mean *I* should be banned? I can kill you in half a dozen ways in less than a second each way, with my fingers.

No wonder your wife is leaving you.

My wife is not a topic for you to discuss. Had you said this about ANY other member, you'd be gone. You've been around here long enough to know better and have NO excuse.

What'd you tell him to take the panties off for, if you're just going to twist them around his neck anyway?

You don't faze me in the slightest.

I have learned from you how chicken shit the right is.

You don't even have the balls to admit that military style weapons have no legitimate civilian use.

Coward.

You don't even have enough brains to figure out that it doesn't fucking matter what "style" of weapon is used. Moron.

You don't even have the balls to admit that military style weapons have no legitimate civilian use.

Coward.

those bank robbers a few years back in LA,the big shootout, they had a legitimate use for them.....they were CIVILIANS,who had a LEGITIMATE use for MILITARY STYLE weapons.....so Chris you have been proven wrong.....AGAIN.....just sayin....

Over the past four years, the Brady Center has tracked available news coverage of hundreds of incidents to prepare the report. The incidents on the list involved weapons banned under the expired federal act as well as copycat and similar models that would be banned under proposed stronger legislation. The analysis makes a compelling case that federal policymakers should again ban military-style assault weapons.

“This is a very cautious estimate of the injuries and deaths inflicted with assault weapons since the 1994 law expired,” said Brian J. Siebel, the author of the report. “It only includes incidents covered by the news media. The danger that our communities face from these weapons likely is far worse than this report indicates.”

The victim list of those killed with assault weapons since the federal ban expires runs the gamut from grandmothers to young children to decorated police officers:

Stephen Liczbinski, a 12-year veteran of the Philadelphia Police Department, executed in May by bank robbery suspects just days short of his 40th birthday. He left a wife, Michelle, and three children, Matt, Stephen and Amber.

Vicky Armel, 40, the Fairfax County, Virginia police veteran who was the mother of two girls, five and seven, when she and officer Michael Garbarino lost their lives on May 2006. She volunteered at her church and decorated the local school gym at the holidays. The shooter: Michael Kennedy, an 18-year-old mental patient whose mother helped him practice firing his AK-47 assault rifle and whose father supplied him with marijuana.

Siretha White of Chicago died of stray assault weapon fire that came through the windows of her aunt’s house, where she was at her own surprise birthday party on March 11, 2006 just days before her 11th birthday. Siretha loved acting and excelled as a fifth grader at Vernon Johns Community Academy. She also loved jumping rope, basketball and boxing with her brother. “I have lost my precious ‘Nugget’ to a deadly assault weapon that had no business being in my neighborhood,” said Siretha’s mother, Siretha Woods. “She would be alive today but for the deadliness of these weapons.”

Janet Jorgensen, 68, mother of three and grandmother of eight, who had just celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary when she was gunned down in the Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska during the Christmas shopping season in December 2007. At St. James Catholic Church, the crowd for her funeral was standing room only. Robert Hawkins, 19, killed eight before committing suicide.

Chris having a report from the Brady Campaign about gun violence,is like a report from Hugo Chavez saying that he eats like the peasants in his country,.....

Chris having a report from the Brady Campaign about gun violence,is like a report from Hugo Chavez saying that he eats like the peasants in his country,.....
and it never answered the question

Forum List

Back