Attorney General Eric Holder--in trouble again--this time over gun ownership.

Military style assault weapons have no legitimate use.

They need to be banned.

We don't let people own RPGs.

This is no different.

at the risk of repeating myself, you really are stupid.

criminals ignore the law with the same frequency with which you ignore reality.

pinhead.

Criminals don't have to ignore the law. The legality of assault weapons makes it easier for criminals to get these guns.

How fucking stupid are you?

They need to be banned.

This is no different.

pinhead.

Criminals don't have to ignore the law. The legality of assault weapons makes it easier for criminals to get these guns.

the fact they are illegal or not wouldnt stop someone from getting them
you are a fucking moron

pinhead.

you are a fucking moron

The fact that they are legal makes it easier for criminals to get assault rifles, you idjit.

you are a fucking moron

The fact that they are legal makes it easier for criminals to get assault rifles, you idjit.
no you fucking moron
they are NOT legal
and they dont get their guns legally since it is illegal for them to be sold to criminals

They need to be banned.

This is no different.

pinhead.

since you are so in favor of gun control, would you rather be called Adolf?

pinhead.

since you are so in favor of gun control, would you rather be called Adolf?

Guns should be regulated just like cars are regulated.

Outlawing assault weapons and requiring background checks will not interfere with anyone's rights to defend themselves.

I believe people should have the right to own guns. Especially women...

It's happening right here in Central Florida. Only six years ago, officers in Orlando and Orange County seized 15 high-powered AK-47s and AR-15s. Four years later, that number grew to 79, a jump of more than 400 percent.

These guns are not in the hands of good people trying to protect themselves. No one is trying to trample on Second Amendment rights.

But there do not seem to be many examples where honest citizens stopped a crime, or caught a criminal, by brandishing an AK-47 or some similar brand of assault rifle. However, there are too many examples of the opposite -- criminals using these weapons to kill people or law-enforcement officers.

The latest one occurred in Miami last week, when an unknown assailant fired an AK-47 into a crowd of teenagers, murdering two youths and wounding seven others.

Sound familiar? Last October, two killers fired 58 rounds from two AK-47s during a gunfight in Pine Hills that left two men dead.

Orlando Police Chief Val Demings has seen enough. Getting guns off the streets is one of her top priorities. The same holds true for Jerry Demings, recently elected sheriff in Orange County.

Their challenge is daunting: Almost 10 illegal guns a day are seized in this community.

The lines between a legal and an illegal gun are blurry. In Florida, guns are readily available to anyone without a criminal record. But guns routinely end up in the hands of criminals. All it takes is a "straw purchase," when a friend or relative buys a gun for a criminal.

It's time to make some of that more-potent firepower illegal -- period.

After the latest incident in Miami, Police Chief John Timoney said that the percentage of homicides involving assault weapons jumped to 29 percent of all shooting fatalities in 2008. Mr. Timoney implored Congress to reinstate the ban.

We think: A renewed federal assault weapons ban is long overdue -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Ar-15's basically fire a modified 22 caliber round, high powered my ass. And retard the US Constitution protects assault weapons, even though no such weapon exists. Why? Because in 1939 the Supreme Court rules a weapon MUST be useful and usable by the military to be protected and just recently the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd Amendment is most definately a PERSONAL right.

Now define assault rifle for us, again? Then explain how it somehow is not useful or used by the military.

A rapist is successful 48 percent of the time. If the woman has a gun, it goes down to 2 percent.

JUAREZ, Mexico (CNN) -- Jose Molinar knew something wasn't right. He hadn't heard from his wife for a few hours, which was not sitting well with him.

Marisella Molinar worked as a secretary for a top prosecutor in Juarez, Mexico, Jesus Huerta Yedra. She was employed in the office for more than 10 years and though she lived across the border in El Paso, Texas, with her husband, she drove about 20 minutes over the Juarez-El Paso border every day to the job she loved.

The growing violence over rival drug cartels had concerned the couple, but Mexico was a part of their lives and they were sure the violence stayed between rival drug gangs, who were fighting over a lucrative drug route into the United States.

Without fail, Marisella Molinar would call her husband every day when she arrived to work, went out for lunch and when she was leaving the office.

But on December 3, 2008, by around 5:30 p.m., Jose Molinar still hadn't heard from his wife. He called the office in Mexico and was told she was giving her boss a ride over the border so he could do some Christmas shopping. Jose Molinar turned on his television, and his life changed forever.

"As soon as the image came up, I saw her truck," said Molinar, who was watching the news out of Juarez, "and I knew what happened right then and there."

Marisella Molinar was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Her passenger, Jesus Huerta Yedra, was a target of the cartels that day. As Molinar's car was about a mile away from the border crossing back to the United States, gunmen walked up to her car and fired 85 rounds from an AK-47 into their intended target. One shot hit Marisella Molinar, a mother of two and proud grandmother, in the chest, killing her instantly.

"She wasn't involved, she didn't have anything to do with this!" said Jose Molinar in a recent interview with CNN. "She was the guy's secretary and she was giving him a ride to meet his wife here in El Paso who was Christmas shopping."

But instead of making it home to help her husband hang Christmas lights, Marisella Molinar became yet another victim in the drug war taking place just steps from the U.S. border.

The violence generated by the war of the drug cartels for control of drug routes translated last year into some 6,000 killings. More than 1,600 of them occurred in Juarez, three times more than the most murderous city in the United States. This year, in two months, the body count in Juarez is 400.

Mexican military and police in riot gear now patrol the once popular streets of Juarez. Gone are the Americans shopping, dining and partying. The bars and restaurants are shuttered -- many closed for good. Americans don't come here anymore.

U.S. families feel sting of Mexico's drug violence - CNN.com

what qualifies a rifle as being an assult rifle? seems to me if someone aims a rifle at me, I don't care if it's an assault rifle or not.

what qualifies a rifle as being an assult rifle? seems to me if someone aims a rifle at me, I don't care if it's an assault rifle or not.

Gunny's rifle is a good example....

KittyRifle.jpg

Forum List

Back