Attention, gun control supporters:

News for you folks... Gun control isn't about controlling guns, it's about controlling people. The Second Amendment was NOT about hunting... It was about citizens protecting their LIVES from TYRANNY.

The Gun Facts site willl talk about correlations between Gun ownership vs. homicide rates. Homicide rates include all homicide, not just the gun related ones. It then tries to prove it's assertions with violent crime rates which again are not just gun related violent crimes. To mess things up it keeps changing the years of the studies. You cannot compare for instance the year 1958 to 30 years later. Guns are more powerful so even if gun enforcement is tighter than it was say 30 years ealier, today's guns pack more of a punch. Too many flaws in these reports and I don't have the time to evaluate them all.

The Gun Facts site willl talk about correlations between Gun ownership vs. homicide rates. Homicide rates include all homicide, not just the gun related ones. It then tries to prove it's assertions with violent crime rates which again are not just gun related violent crimes. To mess things up it keeps changing the years of the studies. You cannot compare for instance the year 1958 to 30 years later. Guns are more powerful so even if gun enforcement is tighter than it was say 30 years ealier, today's guns pack more of a punch. Too many flaws in these reports and I don't have the time to evaluate them all.

Let's bring you back to realty. Firearms power hasn't changed Some ammo maybe but there is no difference from a firearm 30 years ago than with todays firearms
My Mosin Nagant 91/30 was built in 1898 it shoots a 7.62 x 54r round almost the same as a 308 and can hit a target a mile away

How are you going to get criminals to obey the law?

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

Most gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence murders...

removing the guns would greatly reduce gun deaths.

Japan had 11 gun homocides while we had 9158.

Japan has a high number of suicides 31,690 people killed themselves last year. What did they use?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/04/japan-suicide-rate-still-_n_831430.html

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

Well, I have an answer! If we spent more money on education and recreation programs for our children there probably wouldn't be as many criminals. The money we spend on such things as wars could be better used for infrastructure! Funds spent on our global presence and tax breaks for the rich would be better spent on the health and welfare of the general populace.. In other words, we need to invest in our own people. No family should be left behind.

The people who are already criminals won't obey the law. The majority of Americans who refuse to hand over their guns will become criminals. They weren't criminals to begin with...

The people who are already criminals won't obey the law. The majority of Americans who refuse to hand over their guns will become criminals. They weren't criminals to begin with...

an unjust law will not make a person a criminal because they don't follow it.

How about this?

42 USC § 5207 - Firearms policies | LII / Legal Information Institute

15846_574326225927362_2067678536_n.jpg

Not that the NRA will pay any attention.

an unjust law will not make a person a criminal because they don't follow it.

How about this?

42 USC § 5207 - Firearms policies | LII / Legal Information Institute

Yes it would. If something is law, and you break that law, you are a criminal. It doesn't matter if you agreed with the law or not.

You cannot assume that if it wasn't restricted by a ban, that someone would have prevented the tragedy. You are trying to predict the future here!

Who's predicting the future?
Gun bans do not work and they never will.
It doesn't stop mass shootings.

It stopped mass shootings in my country.

But it didn't stop murders, did it?
And it did nothing to stop mass shootings in America.

Raise the stakes. If a criminal (or anyone else) is caught with an assault weapon, make the penalty death.

You and people like you are the reason I will never support any type of gun ban in this nation. Seig Heil scumbag

Japan has a high number of suicides 31,690 people killed themselves last year. What did they use?

Japan Suicide Rate Still Among The World's Highest Due To Low Job Prospects

Oh, so now you like suicide numbers? Because I thought you didn't want suicides to count in the Kellerman Study, but you want them to count in Japan.

The Japanese have been committing sucide before guns were invented. They have words to describe suicide, such as Seppuku, Hari-Kari and Kamakaze... Their culture considers it admirable compared to ours that considers it a mortal sin.

I never understood why anyone cannot apply common sense to this issue, the fact is that "scum" like those that have taken innocent lives in mass killings recently are just that scum and do not represent everyone who owns a gun, more to the contrary, people like that are despised by the vast majority of gun owners as well as any criminal who has no business with a gun in their possession. My feelings are that if any legislation needs to be applied here, it should be focused on keeping guns out of the hands of those who have no business having them, that is why I have never had an issue with closing the "gun show loophole" or for that matter punishing people who make straw purchases and those that employ them to make those purchases. Last year 10,800 people died in drunk driving crashes despite the fact that most states now have pretty strict drunk driving laws, applying the same logic I don't see many advocating for the outright ban on cars for everyone. What I do see however is an ever increasing number of more strict laws that apply to those who do drive drunk, and it would seem to me this would be a good place to start to keep these weapons out of the hands of people that hand no business having them.

Your usual logical post Navy1960. Now Navy is a conservative and I am a liberal, yet people from the right and the left can agree.

I am as liberal as it gets, and I support the 2nd amendment. Every law abiding citizen has the right to protect themselves, their family and their property. But what I can't understand is why the 8 to 10 million hunters, and military personnel who are law abiding citizens wouldn't be the strongest advocates for gun laws that attempt to guarantee guns are sold only to law abiding citizens. Or why military personnel wouldn't want to keep the specialized weapons they take to war designed to kill as many of the enemy as quickly as possible off our streets and away from our children?

And I don't understand why those same 8 to 10 million hunters, and military personnel who are law abiding citizens would ever support Wayne LaPierre and his NRA's agenda. He is working for the gun manufacturers, and making billions of dollars undermining any efforts in this country to keeping guns out of the hands criminals.

This Op-ed was not written by a leftist 'gun grabber'. Richard Painter served George W. Bush as Associate Counsel to the President in the White House Counsel's office, serving as the chief ethics lawyer for the President.

The N.R.A. Protection Racket

The (NRA's) message to Republicans is clear: “We will help you get elected and protect your seat from Democrats. We will spend millions on ads that make your opponent look worse than the average holdup man robbing a liquor store. In return, we expect you to oppose any laws that regulate guns. These include laws requiring handgun registration, meaningful background checks on purchasers, limiting the right to carry concealed weapons, limiting access to semiautomatic weapons or anything else that would diminish the firepower available to anybody who wants it. And if you don’t comply, we will load our weapons and direct everything in our arsenal at you in the next Republican primary.”

The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government.
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809)

Last edited:

Raise the stakes. If a criminal (or anyone else) is caught with an assault weapon, make the penalty death.

You and people like you are the reason I will never support any type of gun ban in this nation. Seig Heil scumbag

Lucky for us you're a fringe shit stain.

Japan Suicide Rate Still Among The World's Highest Due To Low Job Prospects

Oh, so now you like suicide numbers? Because I thought you didn't want suicides to count in the Kellerman Study, but you want them to count in Japan.

The Japanese have been committing sucide before guns were invented. They have words to describe suicide, such as Seppuku, Hari-Kari and Kamakaze... Their culture considers it admirable compared to ours that considers it a mortal sin.

You're the one that pushes without guns there would be fewer suicides in American.
Now how about those suicides in Japan?>

You said gun laws only impact law abiding citizens. You were wrong.
Really? Let's say Joey Bagadonuts, regular guy from Queens, wants to purchase a gun because he's been mugged three times, with the last incident putting him in the hospital for a week. He applies for a permit and is denied.

Are you claiming the law has no impact on him?

Really?

He apparently didn't qualify. You want to allow anyone to purchase a handgun by eliminating all restrictions?
I just showed you NYC decides who's qualified by determining if they're wealthy or politically connected.

You don't have a problem with that, of course.

Forum List

Back