Scott Brown commits political suicide?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Scott Brown Comes Out In Favor Of Federal Assault Weapons Ban

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) will be departing the Senate at the end of the year, after Democrat Elizabeth Warren defeated him in his bid for reelection. But on Wednesday the moderate Republican stayed true to form, becoming the first senator in his party to announce support for a renewed federal assault weapons ban.

Meanwhile, how many Rs have expressed sympathy over the mass murder?

Most won't go against the NRA and the NRA really doesn't care.

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) will be departing the Senate at the end of the year, after Democrat Elizabeth Warren defeated him in his bid for reelection. But on Wednesday the moderate Republican stayed true to form, becoming the first senator in his party to announce support for a renewed federal assault weapons ban.

Expressing sympathy and removing rights are two different things.

How many R's have expressed sympathy?? Are you serious?? Most every politician has said something about it, expressed condolences, etc...

Speaking in support of our second amendment rights as law abiding citizens is not the same as 'not giving sympathy'

Fuck you and the horse you were fucking while riding in on it

NRA members know that if there was someone armed at the school the massacre would never have happened.

How does one "express sympathy of the mass murder," vote to trash the 2nd amendment?

Could be a prelude to switching parties and being re-incarnated. Hardly suicide when he was already dead in the minds of the Republican base.

Scott Brown becomes first Republican to back federal assault weapons ban | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

it seems that I can recall not too long ago when Scottie Brown was the absolute GOLDEN BOY of the teabaggers.

that's funny stuff.

I like this thread, but the title is a bit misstated. Scott Brown can't commit political suicide. Elizabeth Warren already slaughtered his political aspirations last month! :lol:

birthers, baggers and gun nuts.... all total losers... and all that's left of the hard core base of the GOP. ROFLMFAO!

He lost to a lunatic who thought she was an Indian, the Kennedys can run one of their Illegal Mexican housekeeper against him and win

How many R's have expressed sympathy?? Are you serious?? Most every politician has said something about it, expressed condolences, etc...

Speaking in support of our second amendment rights as law abiding citizens is not the same as 'not giving sympathy'

You don't understand. Unless you have sworn your dedication to trashing the 2nd Amendment, you haven't expressed "sympathy." Nothing liberals say can be taken at face value. It's always code for something else, for their real agenda.

He has never been a rubber stamped R and that is why I supported him. He is not embraced by the Rs imo and I am glad.

Your ridiculously partisan question directed at a huge swath of people, Republicans, is over the top stupid.

I am not with any political party, support the 2nd Amendment and I personally have been soul searching about the use and legality of assault weapons in this country. I have not come to any conclusions like Brown however because I know illegal assault weapons will always be a factor, laws be damned.

His op is just what one would expect from that idiot.

So scott goees the way of Ahnuld?
They thought at first he was wonderful now he is just trash.
Ahh so many hopey changeys so little change :)

He has never been a rubber stamped R and that is why I supported him. He is not embraced by the Rs imo and I am glad.

Your ridiculously partisan question directed at a huge swath of people, Republicans, is over the top stupid.

I am not with any political party, support the 2nd Amendment and I personally have been soul searching about the use and legality of assault weapons in this country. I have not come to any conclusions like Brown however because I know illegal assault weapons will always be a factor, laws be damned.

Describe assault weapon but dont use the way it looks. Please.

So scott goees the way of Ahnuld?
They thought at first he was wonderful now he is just trash.
Ahh so many hopey changeys so little change :)

I think Scott Brown is being Scott Brown, the man he has always been.

Forum List

Back