Attack on whites in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Big D
Thanks Wonderwench,

I hope they catch all three of these sick pieces of crap, and put them all to sleep.
To me it sounds like a planned inside job, I am interested to see the outcome.

Police searching for a suspect have not ruled out the possibility that the killings were a hate crime because the attacker was described as white and the victims were from Mexico.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...,0,7794711.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

Now don't get me wrong, I think for what this guy did he deserves to die, but why so quick to call it a "hate crime"?

Why? because the attacker was white.

I can bring you a endless amount of crimes that the attacker was black or brown attacking someone white and even saying they attacked them because they are white, and still no "hate crime".

most men that abuse/rape/murder women do so because of hatred of woman...race has no bearing...once again removing color from the question...

Originally posted by jon_forward
most men that abuse/rape/murder women do so because of hatred of woman...race has no bearing...once again removing color from the question...

If you think race has no bearing then you should contact the police dept. in the article and tell them.

everything is still on the table...time will tell...and from my stand point which I have explained it was a hate crime...hatred of women...not race....

Originally posted by jon_forward

Violence against women, or anyone else for that matter, is rooted in the desire to gain power over the target of the violence. This desire, in turn, is born of powerlessness, real or percieved, on the part of the attacker. It is not an issue of race.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Violence against women, or anyone else for that matter, is rooted in the desire to gain power over the target of the violence. This desire, in turn, is born of powerlessness, real or percieved, on the part of the attacker. It is not an issue of race.

We got Bully here who thinks he's Dr Phil telling others about racial issues from the almost 90% white state of Ohio.

there you go with those useless stats again...Bullys post was well said and without any racist remarks..:clap: and once again it is you that keeps being up the color issue..fear has many forms...you have most of them...

We got Bully here who thinks he's Dr Phil telling others about racial issues from the almost 90% white state of Ohio.

Columbus Ohio Racial Demographics:

<table border=1>
<tr><th>Locality</th>
<th>White</th>
<th>Black</th>
<th>Asian</th>
<th>Hispanic</th>
<th>Other</th></tr>
<tr><td>Columbus</td> <td>74.0%</td><td>22.3%</td><td>2.3%</td><td>0.9%</td><td>0.5%</td>
</table>

A far greater diversity in population and viewpoint than what you are accustomed to.

<b>Source:</b> http://www.columbus.org/community/demographics.html

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Columbus Ohio Racial Demographics:

<table border=1>
<tr><th>Locality</th>
<th>White</th>
<th>Black</th>
<th>Asian</th>
<th>Hispanic</th>
<th>Other</th></tr>
<tr><td>Columbus</td> <td>74.0%</td><td>22.3%</td><td>2.3%</td><td>0.9%</td><td>0.5%</td>
</table>

A far greater diversity in population and viewpoint than what you are accustomed to.

<b>Source:</b> http://www.columbus.org/community/demographics.html

Whites are 70% of U.S population nationaly.

Here is another fact about Columbus, because Columbus has such a high population of blacks there crime rate is more then double the national average:
Crime in Columbus (2001):
81 murders (11.4 per 100,000)
602 rapes (84.6 per 100,000)
3,364 robberies (472.8 per 100,000)
2,349 assaults (330.2 per 100,000)
15,740 burglaries (2212.3 per 100,000)
38,835 larceny counts (5458.4 per 100,000)
7,576 auto thefts (1064.8 per 100,000)
City-data.com crime index = 711.5 (higher means more crime, US average = 330.6)

Check out who's in Ohio prisons:
http://www.motherjones.com/news/special_reports/prisons/data_OH_race.html

Unbelievable.

The Energizer Bigot just keeps going and going and going.

Your statistics do not prove causality - at best correlation. Without incorporating socio-economic data, you are just spouting nonsense.

Whites are 70% of U.S population nationaly.

Here is another fact about Columbus, because Columbus has such a high population of blacks there crime rate is more then double the national average:

where was this part? i didnt see it in there

Big D is making my care bear look bad....I think all the numbers have NUMBED your brain....you are right WW....unbelieveable....what an understatement!!!!!

Originally posted by wonderwench
Unbelievable.

Your statistics do not prove causality - at best correlation. Without incorporating socio-economic data, you are just spouting nonsense.

Spouting nonsense!?! Big D!?!

Originally posted by wonderwench
Unbelievable.

It's clear sailing if you argue that the high crime rate is caused by poverty and discrimination, and the way to get rid of crime is to eliminate these root causes. But there's a problem with that theory. It doesn't explain why black communities were far safer in earlier times, such as in the '20s, '30s and '40s, at a time of far greater poverty and discrimination, and fewer opportunities. Crime imposes devastating economic and personal costs on many black neighborhoods, but it's not a civil rights problem. The high crime rate represents political choices made by black politicians, civil rights organizations and many black citizens to tolerate criminals. http://www.townhall.com/columnists/walterwilliams/ww20021120.shtml

Crime rates amoung all young males have risen dramatically since the 1940's. Certainly the return of the youth orientated society of the 50's and 60's could be argued to be a contributing causative factor.

Welfare implementations of the late 50's and early 60's that tied welfare to single mother homes, helped to drive possible responsible male role models out of the homes of many blacks.

1940's, 50's, and 60's movement of blacks from rural to more urban areas would also be able to be argued as a factor.

Currently the trend across the board is to blame outside factors on the wrong doing of children, whether criminal or as simple as not doing their homework. If your kid swears, in all likelihood you blame it on 'peer influence'.

"Currently the trend across the board is to blame outside factors on the wrong doing of children, whether criminal or as simple as not doing their homework. If your kid swears, in all likelihood you blame it on 'peer influence'."

I totally agree, there is an out of control trend, for the past 20 years at least, of the refusal of people to accept responsibility for their own action. They blame their momma, who beat them, their lack of education, when they themselves didn't take advantage of the educational system, the fact that they are black or poor white, their place in society, or anything else rather than take responsibility for their own actions. Until we as a society start making people take responsibilty for their actions and quit letting the judicial system let them off because "after all it wasn't their fault", we will continue to see a general increase in crime and a total disregard for the rights of others to live safe and peaceful lives.

Agreed !

It is time for people to once again accept responsiblity for their actions or lack thereof !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back