Atmospheric science again shows climate hysteria unfounded. We're supposed to wreck the world over this?

Abstract​

Measured 18O/16O ratios from the Greenland Ice Sheet Project 2 (GISP2) ice core extending back to 16,500 cal yr B.P. provide a continuous record of climate change since the last glaciation. High-resolution annual 18O/16O results were obtained for most of the current millennium (A.D. 818-1985) and record the Medieval Warm Period, the Little Ice Age, and a distinct 11-yr 18O/16O cycle. Volcanic aerosols depress central Greenland annual temperature (∼1.5°C maximally) and annual 18O/16O for about 4 yr after each major eruptive event. On a bidecadal to millennial time scale, the contribution of solar variability to Holocene Greenlandic temperature change is ∼0.4°C. The role of thermohaline circulation change on climate, problematic during the Holocene, is more distinct for the 16,500-10,000 cal yr B.P. interval. (Analogous to 14C age calibration terminology, we express time in calibrated (cal) yr B.P. (A.D. 1950 = 0 cal yr B.P.)). The Oldest Dryas/Bølling/Older Dryas/Allerød/Younger Dryas sequence appears in great detail. Bidecadal variance in 18O/16O, but not necessarily in temperature, is enhanced during the last phase of lateglacial time and the Younger Dryas interval, suggesting switches of air mass transport between jet stream branches. The branched system is nearly instantaneously replaced at the beginning of the Bølling and Holocene (at ∼14,670 and ∼11,650 cal yr B.P., respectively) by an atmospheric circulation system in which 18O/16O and annual accumulation initially track each other closely. Thermodynamic considerations of the accumulation rate-temperature relationship can be used to evaluate the 18 O/16O-temperature relationship. The GISP2 ice-layer-count years of major GISP2 climate transitions also support the use of coral 14C ages for age calibration.

Look... you can downplay TSI and albedo all you want but before the industrial revolution it's the only explanation for multi-decadal climate fluctuations of which the geologic record is littered with examples of such.

Truth is arrived at through a conflict and confusion process. Diversity of thought is key to discovering truth. Don't knock the conflict and confusion process. It's how progress is achieved. If you don't like watching how sausage is made, don't look.
It is the excess of di-as in two of-versity that makes it so perverse. There are only two sides screaming repetitively at each other to the exclusion of multiple choices. Every vocal participant gets press ganged into one category or the other despite all protestation and attempts to clarify.

I truly feel sorry for anybody who believes the "man-made climate change/global warming" BS. You were either indoctrinated so early in life that you had no true frame of reference or you've bought this BS from way back.

Or you accidentally got a degree or two or three in the sciences.

I remember when they called it the coming new ice age.

Not as well as you think you do. In fact between 1965 and 1979 or so the number of peer reviewed science articles predicting WARMING outnumbered those predicting cooling 6 to 1. You can read about it here (Peterson et al, 2008)

What YOU heard was a couple of popular articles in Newsweek and Time. Scientists were learning the details about the causes of the Cenozoic ice age glaciation events (Milankovich Cycles) and were talking about it. In fact we SHOULD be heading back into another one, but we are, instead, warming. We should be cooling but we are not.

Sounded alarming at first but that fizzled out quickly once the sun started doing it's thing & temps started rising again.

NOpe, again, you are wrong. From the mid-1940's to the late 1970's was the "Mid-Century Cooling" which was largely due to human produced sulfate aerosols which caused a general cooling. Pollution. After we cleaned the air up the warming kicked back in because the cooling forcing of the sulfate aerosols was decreased.

It's like the climate science actually does what it describes.

Here's the article by Wilde et al (2007)

So they switched over to global warming because it had warmed slightly from almost ice age conditions. I was getting skeptical to say the least, so I started questioning the narrative.

You were skeptical but you don't seem to have consulted any SCIENCE books.

Well, global warming morphed to climate change before long as temps didn't rise fast enough to keep up with the predicted disasters.

Again, incorrect. With global warming comes the possibility of localized cooling. If we warm the globe enough it will continue to melt the Greenland ice sheet which has the capability of dumping sufficient cold fresh water into the upper arch of the AMOC current in the NOrth Atlantic and shutting down or reorganizing the Gulf Stream which carries heat from the tropics up to western Europe. With the Gulf Stream out of commission western Europe gets cooler while the overall global average temperature increases.

That's just one example. Many more are possible.

I HIGHLY recommend you read some of the science.

Or you accidentally got a degree or two or three in the sciences.

Not as well as you think you do. In fact between 1965 and 1979 or so the number of peer reviewed science articles predicting WARMING outnumbered those predicting cooling 6 to 1. You can read about it here (Peterson et al, 2008)

What YOU heard was a couple of popular articles in Newsweek and Time. Scientists were learning the details about the causes of the Cenozoic ice age glaciation events (Milankovich Cycles) and were talking about it. In fact we SHOULD be heading back into another one, but we are, instead, warming. We should be cooling but we are not.

NOpe, again, you are wrong. From the mid-1940's to the late 1970's was the "Mid-Century Cooling" which was largely due to human produced sulfate aerosols which caused a general cooling. Pollution. After we cleaned the air up the warming kicked back in because the cooling forcing of the sulfate aerosols was decreased.

It's like the climate science actually does what it describes.

Here's the article by Wilde et al (2007)

You were skeptical but you don't seem to have consulted any SCIENCE books.

Again, incorrect. With global warming comes the possibility of localized cooling. If we warm the globe enough it will continue to melt the Greenland ice sheet which has the capability of dumping sufficient cold fresh water into the upper arch of the AMOC current in the NOrth Atlantic and shutting down or reorganizing the Gulf Stream which carries heat from the tropics up to western Europe. With the Gulf Stream out of commission western Europe gets cooler while the overall global average temperature increases.

That's just one example. Many more are possible.

I HIGHLY recommend you read some of the science.
You're still soaking sheets over the weather. You can try all your BS arguments on people who buy into it. People like you seem to believe anyone in a lab coat tells you to.
Call me once the ice sheets melt & the Gulf Stream is gone.
Make sure to tell your proggy buddies to stop buying property on the coasts too. :auiqs.jpg:
climate change.jpg

It is the excess of di-as in two of-versity that makes it so perverse. There are only two sides screaming repetitively at each other to the exclusion of multiple choices. Every vocal participant gets press ganged into one category or the other despite all protestation and attempts to clarify.
That's usually how it works.

I truly feel sorry for anybody who believes the "man-made climate change/global warming" BS. You were either indoctrinated so early in life that you had no true frame of reference or you've bought this BS from way back.
I remember when they called it the coming new ice age. Sounded alarming at first but that fizzled out quickly once the sun started doing it's thing & temps started rising again.
So they switched over to global warming because it had warmed slightly from almost ice age conditions. I was getting skeptical to say the least, so I started questioning the narrative.
Well, global warming morphed to climate change before long as temps didn't rise fast enough to keep up with the predicted disasters.
Climate change is great & what they should have gone with from the beginning. Hot or cold, wet or dry, calm or storm, everything could be twisted to fit whatever they thought the public would buy.
Now atmospheric temperature measurements, or real science as I call it, once again shows there is no rise in temps, at least for the past 20+ years & what there was before that was minimal.
True scientists admit the Earth's atmosphere & the climate it produces is far too complex with still unknown variables for their minimal knowledge & data points to say anything but "we don't know".
True science does not need paid hacks changing or omitting actual data to fit a preferred narrative.
This whole thing is about control & I truly feel bad for those who still don't realize this yet.
Further scientific evidence that global warming starting to run out of steam over two decades ago has been presented by an international group of leading scientists. In a major re-evaluation of data from meteorology balloons rising through the troposphere, the scientists confirmed that temperatures have mostly paused since around 1998.
Humlum notes that the changes in annual values are often quite substantial, ranging from about +0.15°C to −0.15°C. He goes on to note that the temperature difference between 1915 and 2000 increased from 0.45°C to 0.67°C. “This represents an increase of about 49% over this period, meaning that about half of the apparent global temperature increase from January 1910 to January 2000 is due to administrative adjustments to the original data made since May 2008,” he writes.
Oh look, a bunch of uneducated slobs writing blogs to fleece the rubes for clicks.

You're still soaking sheets over the weather. You can try all your BS arguments on people who buy into it. People like you seem to believe anyone in a lab coat tells you to.
Call me once the ice sheets melt & the Gulf Stream is gone.
Make sure to tell your proggy buddies to stop buying property on the coasts too. :auiqs.jpg:
View attachment 649522
Thank you for ignoring every single technical point I made.

Thank you for ignoring every single technical point I made.
And you're still wetting yourself over the weather.

waterboy.gif

You bore me dude. I already know it's a total scam & none of your fake "science" from BS "scientists" is ever going to change that fact.
Free country, you can believe in it all you want.

The entire “climate change” topic is a scam. In a rare moment of honesty, an IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) official said that climate change policy is an illusion. Ottmar Edenhofer, a former IPCC official, was quoted as saying, “One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. Instead, climate change policy is about how we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth.”

I'm calling you now for putting out complete bullshit. The world's climate scientists accept AGW. You claim they were indoctrinated early on. I want to know BY WHO you stupid fuck.

Follow the money.

"We are transitioning to a new type of capitalism, melding the creation of prosperity, serving society and caring for the planet. How are early movers using the International Business Council and World Economic Forum Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics to achieve a sustainable future?

Julie Sweet, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Accenture
Gillian R. Tett, Editor-at-Large and Chair of the Editorial Board, FT Moral Money
Brian T. Moynihan, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Bank of America
Alain Bejjani, Chief Executive Officer, Majid Al Futtaim Holding
Frans van Houten, Chief Executive Officer, Royal Philips

The World Economic Forum is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business, cultural and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to make positive change."

,o1 a1-2-1.jpg

Climate is not weather.

So you know it's a scam so you don't have to read any of the science?

Are you...a god?
I have read the science, just not the version you seem to feel is true. I've read the whistleblowers reports & the manipulated papers they foist on the gullible.
I've seen the changing of the facts
The elimination of the contrary data
The heat island effects they don't want us to acknowledge
The forgetting of the Dalton Minimum
The erasing of the Maunder Minimum
The constant making & changing of predictions for decades
The admissions they change figures arbitrarily
The thousands of scientists contradicting the entire narrative
The admissions the whole system is too complex so they don't really have a clue except people don't do squat on a global scale
The fact a volcanic eruption can dwarf what we have ever done
The manipulations of data sets & peers involved to reach a narrative unsupported by the science
The silencing of skeptics
The cancelling of professional lives for those brave enough to speak out
The admissions it's not about the climate but about changing the economy, social justice or control
The grifters emails asking each other to help the scam

I have spent a lot of time on this subject alone, so yeah, you will never get me to believe the BS you are selling.
Like I said, believe what you want, it's a free country.
I'll never buy any of it but knock yourself out champ.

Proglodyte is all mine. I've never seen anyone else use it. Thanks

I have read the science, just not the version you seem to feel is true. I've read the whistleblowers reports & the manipulated papers they foist on the gullible.

It is highly unlikely.

I've seen the changing of the facts

No, you've IMAGINED the changing of facts. You've been shown your error.

The elimination of the contrary data

LOL. Sure you have.

The heat island effects they don't want us to acknowledge

I'd point you to the actual SCIENCE PAPER which finds that the heat island effect does NOT IMPACT THE GLOBAL TEMPERATURE DATA.

Don't believe me? Here you go: https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/clim/16/18/1520-0442_2003_016_2941_aouvri_2.0.co_2.xml

The thousands of scientists contradicting the entire narrative

LOL. You've seen the Oregon Petition, eh? Did you like the Spice Girls when they were on the Oregon petition?

The fact a volcanic eruption can dwarf what we have ever done

You are SO WRONG IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY!

Humans emit about 29 BILLION tons of CO2 per year. Subaerial volcanoes only emit about 242 million tons each year.

Submarine volcanoes only emit about 100 million tons per year but the CO2 is close to the newly formed sink of the lava flows and has almost no impact on atmospheric CO2 levels.

On average humans emit about 100X more CO2 than volcanoes.

The cancelling of professional lives for those brave enough to speak out

No you haven't seen that.

I have spent a lot of time on this subject alone,

But you don't seem to have actually read anything FACTUAL.

Proglodyte is all mine. I've never seen anyone else use it. Thanks

Wow. Blind pigs and truffles, eh?

You shot your wad. Good job, though. Something to be proud of.

It is highly unlikely.

No, you've IMAGINED the changing of facts. You've been shown your error.

LOL. Sure you have.

I'd point you to the actual SCIENCE PAPER which finds that the heat island effect does NOT IMPACT THE GLOBAL TEMPERATURE DATA.

Don't believe me? Here you go: Assessment of Urban Versus Rural In Situ Surface Temperatures in the Contiguous United States: No Difference Found

LOL. You've seen the Oregon Petition, eh? Did you like the Spice Girls when they were on the Oregon petition?

You are SO WRONG IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY!

Humans emit about 29 BILLION tons of CO2 per year. Subaerial volcanoes only emit about 242 million tons each year.

Submarine volcanoes only emit about 100 million tons per year but the CO2 is close to the newly formed sink of the lava flows and has almost no impact on atmospheric CO2 levels.

On average humans emit about 100X more CO2 than volcanoes.

No you haven't seen that.

But you don't seem to have actually read anything FACTUAL.

Wow. Blind pigs and truffles, eh?

You shot your wad. Good job, though. Something to be proud of.
Back at ya proggy. There's little chance I will change your mind & absolutely none you could ever change mine.
Keep trembling when you see a cloud if that's your thang.
I'll live my life unmasked, no clot shots & no fear of weather while you go attack that windmill.
You'll tell us when the polar bears die off right?

Back at ya proggy. There's little chance I will change your mind & absolutely none you could ever change mine.
Keep trembling when you see a cloud if that's your thang.
I'll live my life unmasked, no clot shots & no fear of weather while you go attack that windmill.
You'll tell us when the polar bears die off right?
Will you tell us when you come down with COVID-19 or are you already suffering the long form?

Forum List

Back