Atmospheric cabon exceeds point of no return: It's over

LaDex has the interesting idea that glaciation only takes place above the Arctic and Antarctic circles and that it is only initiated by plate tectonics pushing land masses towards the poles. What do you think of that idea?

I think he's a fucking idiot. Next?

Mother earth is salvageable

Few are willing to make the necessary sacrifices.

but the libs are attacking the WRONG problem. The problem is pollution, not man made climate change.

the tie between pollution and climate is bullshit. Attack pollution, forget the hoax of AGW.

There are all sorts of actual environmental problems that need attention but won't get because the climate change hoax is sucking all the air out of the room and all the treasure out of the coffers.

but the libs are attacking the WRONG problem. The problem is pollution, not man made climate change.

the tie between pollution and climate is bullshit. Attack pollution, forget the hoax of AGW.

I do not care about that..

The land is being torn up for highways, factory farms, nuclear power plants, and urban development projects. Our natural resources are being plundered without consideration, and both soil and water quality degrade overtime.

That is what I can observe with my own eyes.

what would you suggest? eliminating half of the worlds population?

They won't admit it...but yes, that is where they would start...the half..of course, that doesn't include themselves.

What going past 400 ppm of CO2 and 1800 ppb of CH4 means is not doom, but a poorer world for our grandchildren and their descendents. Yes, we had that amount in our atmosphere about 4 million years ago, and things were just fine. But that level did not occur overnight, geologically speaking. In fact, the rate of change at present for GHGs exceeds that of the periods of extinctions in geologic history. Even were we able to go back to the point of not adding GHGs to the atmosphere in the next two decades, what is already there will change our climate for tens of generations.

Rocks you f'ing idiot...the atmospheric CO2 was in excess of 1000ppm when the temperatures started descending into the ice age that the earth is currently clawing out of ...do you lack any historical perspective?

I am pretty awesome, by virtue of the fact that I do not support systematic exploitation of human beings.

Actually, you strike me as a piece of shit...but most pieces of shit think they are fine fellows and completely fail to recognize the qualities in themselves that make them pieces of shit. So in that, you are not even an outstanding piece of shit...just an average, run of the mill piece of shit.

point of no return lol

Like the atmospheric CO2 level wasn't over 1000ppm at the time the earth started slipping into the present ice age.

edc.jpg

The species Homo Sapiens appeared 200,000 years ago.

point of no return lol

Like the atmospheric CO2 level wasn't over 1000ppm at the time the earth started slipping into the present ice age.

edc.jpg

Idiot....the ignorance just never stops with you...does it?

1CO2EarthHistory_zps8b3938eb.gif

See where the temperature started to slide last time from roughly 22C?...Ice started forming in the north and glaciers started advancing from the south pole when the average global temp got down to to around 18 or 19 degrees...and the ice has remained till today...and when it is gone, the earth will no longer be in an ice age and will have moved out of this abnormal cold state to its normal warm state....and our CO2 has nothing whatsoever to do with the timing or the amount of time it will take till the earth has resumed its normal temperature.

point of no return lol

edc.jpg

And the spatial resolution of the chart is 500 year plots at a minimum.. so our current rise of 60-90 years would not be seen.. and variations of the magnitude we see today can not be ruled out as being naturally caused..

You have proved nothing..

point of no return lol

edc.jpg

And the spatial resolution of the chart is 500 year plots at a minimum.. so our current rise of 60-90 years would not be seen.. and variations of the magnitude we see today can not be ruled out as being naturally caused..

You have proved nothing..

It is always interesting to see what passes for some sort of proof of "something" in these people's minds....and they more they show of what they believe to be "proof" of something, the more clear it becomes how easily they have been fooled.

I find all sorts of things interesting. The idea that the time resolution of those graphs indicate we cannot rule out natural causation for the current warming is the argument of a third grader. I guess we can't rule out space aliens, ghosts, overheated unicorns and acts of god.

What idiots.

I find all sorts of things interesting. The idea that the time resolution of those graphs indicate we cannot rule out natural causation for the current warming is the argument of a third grader. I guess we can't rule out space aliens, ghosts, overheated unicorns and acts of god.

What idiots.

Idiots assume that the cause "this time" is something different from the cause every other time....till you get some indication that things are even approaching the boundaries of natural variability, assuming that whatever changes you believe you are seeing are something other than natural variability is noting more than hysterical activism.

When you drop a rock...how often do you consider that perhaps something other than gravity is causing the rock to fall "this time"?

Basing your belief as to what constitutes natural variability on a lack of data... that doesn't strike you as something of a weak argument? How do you know that CO2 hasn't routinely dropped to zero or gone to 10,000 ppm? How do you rule out those space aliens or a direct act of a vengeful god?

What a fucking idiot.

Why does one Earth polar circle have 9 times the ice of the other, and what does CO2 have to do with that?

FUCKING IDIOT....

Basing your belief as to what constitutes natural variability on a lack of data... that doesn't strike you as something of a weak argument? How do you know that CO2 hasn't routinely dropped to zero or gone to 10,000 ppm? How do you rule out those space aliens or a direct act of a vengeful god?

What a fucking idiot.

What would make me assume such things?...other than perhaps a political agenda....when a system is behaving in a business as usual manner, what would prompt me to believe that anything other than business as usual causes were driving it?....you claim something is different, but nothing is behaving in a manner other than as seen in natural variability.

Why does one Earth polar circle have 9 times the ice of the other, and what does CO2 have to do with that?

FUCKING IDIOT....

Either the planetary engineers put the cork at the south pole and if mankind is stupid enough to melt the ice the cork will pop and the planet will start spewing around the solar system like an out of control balloon, or one is a continent that has a very high average altitude and is much colder than the other.

I do not care about that..

The land is being torn up for highways, factory farms, nuclear power plants, and urban development projects. Our natural resources are being plundered without consideration, and both soil and water quality degrade overtime.

That is what I can observe with my own eyes.

I'm observing with my eyes as well.

First thing we should do is kill everyone who bought a polluting computer, what with raping the land of it's silicon/heavy metals/acrylic/plastic materials for their own selfish benefits and all.

I'll bet every one of those assholes also drove on the terrible payments to get one, and use nuclear and fossil fuel to lecture other people on the internet.

Forum List

Back