Atheists are hoping aliens from outer space will contact us...

you've gone over the edge bossy and prove that with each of your irrational posts ... get back in touch with reality, there may still be time for you to recover.
so says the creationist retard, hire an English tutor you might be able to decipher the truth from fantasy.

So the Almighty Breeze has been reduced to common gutter trollery.

I have to say, it's a refreshing change from your usual indecipherable cryptic babble.

you've gone over the edge bossy and prove that with each of your irrational posts ... get back in touch with reality, there may still be time for you to recover.
so says the creationist retard, hire an English tutor you might be able to decipher the truth from fantasy.

I have to say, it's a refreshing change from your usual indecipherable cryptic babble.

like you they communicate by deflection their proof was the example.

Been gone a bit, but let's sum what we have learned from this thread after 111 pages......

Science proves what is necessary to help your argument. Anything other than that can be rejected as false....

You take what you need from science to support your belief/religion, and reject everything else that contradicts it.

That's not how it works. Jus sayin...

That's medieval stuff.

Because if not for science, religious fanatics would just be quoting the OT and NT as the divine proof. That's it. Period. No science involved. Zero. Just the Bible.

But because of science showing the plagiarism and fallacies of the biblical texts, believers have had to reluctantly accept some scientific principles, and break off the rest. Then make up new shit to cover up for the old shit, using the new scientific evidence. And they back up their religious arguments with shattered fragments of science that help their cause, and disregard the rest.

Been gone a bit, but let's sum what we have learned from this thread after 111 pages......

Science proves what is necessary to help your argument. Anything other than that can be rejected as false....

You take what you need from science to support your belief/religion, and reject everything else that contradicts it.

That's medieval stuff.

First of all.... Science does not "prove" things. Science can only predict probability of possibilities. Science doesn't draw conclusions, that is a man-made evaluation. Science continues to explore possibilities and ask questions.

How often do we hear, "science says... blah blah blah?" Problem is, that's not true. Science is not a sayer of things... a sayer of things is a prophet and science is a historically bad prophet. In fact, the continued existence of science is dependent on challenging itself and proving itself wrong. We call it "falsification." If science ever answers all questions it ceases to exist.

Because if not for science, religious fanatics would just be quoting the OT and NT as the divine proof. That's it. Period. No science involved. Zero. Just the Bible.

But because of science showing the plagiarism and fallacies of the biblical texts, believers have had to reluctantly accept some scientific principles, and break off the rest. Then make up new shit to cover up for the old shit, using the new scientific evidence. And they back up their religious arguments with shattered fragments of science that help their cause, and disregard the rest.

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself, why does science work? In a seemingly random and chaotic universe, why do we constantly find order and symmetry? Why does mathematics work? Why are there cosmological constants and golden ratios? Why do two hydrogen atoms bond with an oxygen atom to create water? Science helps us to understand HOW things happen in a physical universe but it doesn't explain WHY.

It's easy to philosophically say... "If not for science..." but the fact remains, there is science. So we must logically ask, why is there science? Well, it's because humans are spiritually inspired by something greater than self. It is through this spiritual inspiration that we pontificated a system by which we can examine and explore our natural physical world... Science!

So, the very thing that you are ironically trying to use to stomp out religion was actually delivered to you through human spiritual inspiration.

... a sayer of things is a prophet and science is a historically bad prophet. In fact, the continued existence of science is dependent on challenging itself and proving itself wrong. We call it "falsification." If science ever answers all questions it ceases to exist.

... science is a historically bad prophet ... In fact, the continued existence of science is dependent on challenging itself and proving itself wrong.

very few but who have gone over the edge attribute scientific conclusions to prophesy that in fact is antithetical to its purpose or ever wrong. or that prophesy from scientific conclusions in some way negates one or the other.

some use science in a way to disprove, without the least intent for answers that in fact are irrevocable in their content. they close their minds to the Apex of Knowledge to ever emerge as complete beings.

That's medieval stuff.

First of all.... Science does not "prove" things. Science can only predict probability of possibilities. Science doesn't draw conclusions, that is a man-made evaluation. Science continues to explore possibilities and ask questions.

How often do we hear, "science says... blah blah blah?" Problem is, that's not true. Science is not a sayer of things... a sayer of things is a prophet and science is a historically bad prophet. In fact, the continued existence of science is dependent on challenging itself and proving itself wrong. We call it "falsification." If science ever answers all questions it ceases to exist.

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself, why does science work? In a seemingly random and chaotic universe, why do we constantly find order and symmetry? Why does mathematics work? Why are there cosmological constants and golden ratios? Why do two hydrogen atoms bond with an oxygen atom to create water? Science helps us to understand HOW things happen in a physical universe but it doesn't explain WHY.

It's easy to philosophically say... "If not for science..." but the fact remains, there is science. So we must logically ask, why is there science? Well, it's because humans are spiritually inspired by something greater than self. It is through this spiritual inspiration that we pontificated a system by which we can examine and explore our natural physical world... Science!

So, the very thing that you are ironically trying to use to stomp out religion was actually delivered to you through human spiritual inspiration.
Boss, you are the living example of using science to support your religious arguments, and disregarding any science that falsifies your argument. You use what you need.... and ignore the rest.

That's medieval stuff.

Boss, you are the living example of using science to support your religious arguments, and disregarding any science that falsifies your argument. You use what you need.... and ignore the rest.

USMB is a fascinating place. You can come here and type out whatever you please and hit the "post reply" button, then watch people react and get some kind of personal gratification from it. Some people just like to type out falsehoods and misconceptions and others are actual sociopaths who believe their own bilge. Then, there are people like myself who come here, not for personal gratification, but to convey ideas and opinions on the topics of the day. I enjoy a healthy debate of opinions and ideas, and I don't feel threatened by opposing views.

I say this because, at times, you seem to be someone who wants to engage in meaningful debate of ideas and opinions but whenever your ideas and opinions are challenged in any way, you immediately resort to trollery and the tactics of someone who is simply here to fulfill a quest for personal gratification. It leaves me to wonder if you honestly want to be a troll or do you want to have a meaningful conversation? I can't answer that question, only you can.

I refer you to my post #1106 above. I asked you some fairly specific questions and you avoided answering in favor of launching a baseless attack on me. I've repeatedly stated that I am not religious. I don't subscribe to any organized religious dogma. I simply don't have a religious argument to make, I am a Spiritualist. I believe in a Spiritual Energy because that is my experience as a human being. I share that openly with everyone here and I've never argued from any other perspective. But here, you accuse me of "using science to support my religion" which I don't have.

I accept Science for what it is. I don't exploit Science to promote an agenda. Whenever I see people doing that, I point it out and expose it because I think that is important to the integrity of Science and the Scientific Method. Science is not a Religion. But many Atheists like to utilize it as such in order to bolster their anti-God arguments. Science is the study of physical nature, it has absolutely nothing to do with Spiritual Nature, other than, being created by it.

So now.... I will ask you again in good faith.... Have you ever stopped to ask yourself, why does Science work? Furthermore, have you ever wondered why humans invented Science instead of great apes or dolphins or whales? Is it not the least bit curious to you that humans have this innate spiritual connection with something greater than self and they also have this incredible portfolio of achievement? Do you think that is simply coincidental or could there be a connection?

Because, I believe there is a connection. I think our human spirituality is responsible for "inspiring" our achievements as humans. Set aside your biases toward man-made incarnations of God for a hot second and think more in terms of the human spirit. Think about the endless examples of human endeavor, accomplishing impossible feats, persevering through adversity and challenge, the artistic and imaginative creation of things that touch us in ways we can't describe in words. Do you really believe this is all just a matter of chemicals reacting to chance in a chaotic random universe? Or... could it be possible there is more to it than what we understand of physical nature alone?

That's medieval stuff.

"Science helps us to understand HOW things happen in a physical universe but it doesn't explain WHY."

And neither does anything else. We can only make stuff up and then decide if we want to pretend it is true. That's where people who think "everything is subjective" are true champs. Only in their own minds, of course, but it's their sweet spot.

They only ask why, and forget about the how.

That's medieval stuff.

USMB is a fascinating place. You can come here and type out whatever you please and hit the "post reply" button, then watch people react and get some kind of personal gratification from it. Some people just like to type out falsehoods and misconceptions and others are actual sociopaths who believe their own bilge. Then, there are people like myself who come here, not for personal gratification, but to convey ideas and opinions on the topics of the day. I enjoy a healthy debate of opinions and ideas, and I don't feel threatened by opposing views.

Sorry dude. I'm being honest. You are here for verbal masturbation.

You like to get your rocks off by thinking you are smarter or superior. And use any tactic you can use to achieve your heavenly orgasm.

I say this because, at times, you seem to be someone who wants to engage in meaningful debate of ideas and opinions but whenever your ideas and opinions are challenged in any way, you immediately resort to trollery and the tactics of someone who is simply here to fulfill a quest for personal gratification. It leaves me to wonder if you honestly want to be a troll or do you want to have a meaningful conversation? I can't answer that question, only you can.

Should I remind you that you were the one to resort to insults and trollery first? You have called me so many names that I cannot keep track...

I refer you to my post #1106 above. I asked you some fairly specific questions and you avoided answering in favor of launching a baseless attack on me. I've repeatedly stated that I am not religious. I don't subscribe to any organized religious dogma. I simply don't have a religious argument to make, I am a Spiritualist. I believe in a Spiritual Energy because that is my experience as a human being. I share that openly with everyone here and I've never argued from any other perspective. But here, you accuse me of "using science to support my religion" which I don't have.

You're argument is the same as you have always been saying. You argue for science until it disproves your argument.

I accept Science for what it is. I don't exploit Science to promote an agenda. Whenever I see people doing that, I point it out and expose it because I think that is important to the integrity of Science and the Scientific Method. Science is not a Religion. But many Atheists like to utilize it as such in order to bolster their anti-God arguments. Science is the study of physical nature, it has absolutely nothing to do with Spiritual Nature, other than, being created by it.

You claim to have some sort of special spirituality that makes you right above others, above religion and science. Wow, you should start a Sunday show on cable and show us your special stuff. Because otherwise, you're full of yourself.

So now.... I will ask you again in good faith.... Have you ever stopped to ask yourself, why does Science work? Furthermore, have you ever wondered why humans invented Science instead of great apes or dolphins or whales? Is it not the least bit curious to you that humans have this innate spiritual connection with something greater than self and they also have this incredible portfolio of achievement? Do you think that is simply coincidental or could there be a connection?

Well, homo-sapien-sapien eventually evolved enough of a brain to question things. And due to lack of science at the beginning, it was attributed to "gods" and the supernatural. We have learned much since then. At least the non-fanatical-religious types.

Because, I believe there is a connection. I think our human spirituality is responsible for "inspiring" our achievements as humans. Set aside your biases toward man-made incarnations of God for a hot second and think more in terms of the human spirit. Think about the endless examples of human endeavor, accomplishing impossible feats, persevering through adversity and challenge, the artistic and imaginative creation of things that touch us in ways we can't describe in words. Do you really believe this is all just a matter of chemicals reacting to chance in a chaotic random universe? Or... could it be possible there is more to it than what we understand of physical nature alone?

So you do believe in something. You believe in a supernatural intelligence that is inspiring our achievements. What about inspiring our dismal failures and corruptions and evil? You can't just pick one way, and have a Santa Claus belief.

Last edited:
You're argument is the same as you have always been saying. You argue for science until it disproves your argument.

So I argue for Science until it disproves Science? :dunno:

No. What I argue against is Science Worship, where you religiously believe scientific theories to be proven facts of life that can't be refuted. Things like macro-evolution, which you have no evidence for. Things like origin of life, which you try to explain with evolution theory. And you don't like this because it challenges your religious dogma.

You claim to have some sort of special spirituality that makes you right above others, above religion and science. Wow, you should start a Sunday show on cable and show us your special stuff. Because otherwise, you're full of yourself.

I've never claimed any kind of "special spirituality" or that I am "right above others." I don't need to start a Sunday show because I have no need to convert you. Unlike Christians, I don't get special bonus points for winning over souls to the Lord. My God couldn't care less what you believe.

Well, homo-sapien-sapien eventually evolved enough of a brain to question things. And due to lack of science at the beginning, it was attributed to "gods" and the supernatural. We have learned much since then. At least the non-fanatical-religious types.

SO... Let me get this straight... Of all the trillions of creatures ever to roam the Earth, ours is the only one to have ever evolved enough of a brain to do all the things we've done--- and yet--- at the very same time--- this same miraculous brain has caused us to believe in fairy tales and imaginary supernatural beings that don't exist, to the point of sheer radical fanaticism at times? Yeah.... that makes tons of sense! MORON!

So you do believe in something. You believe in a supernatural intelligence that is inspiring our achievements. What about inspiring our dismal failures and corruptions and evil? You can't just pick one way, and have a Santa Claus belief.

Uhm... yes, I believe in something! Duh! YOU are the one who doesn't believe in something! Our failures are very often the catalyst for our achievements. As for corruption and evil, I've already explained that. Just as there is a Spiritual Energy, there is a negative Spiritual Energy working against it. The question ought to be turned back around on you Nihilists... do you not believe there is pure evil in the world? Where is your "physical science" explanation for that?

No. What I argue against is Science Worship, where you religiously believe scientific theories to be proven facts of life that can't be refuted. Things like macro-evolution, which you have no evidence for. Things like origin of life, which you try to explain with evolution theory. And you don't like this because it challenges your religious dogma.

I've never claimed any kind of "special spirituality" or that I am "right above others." I don't need to start a Sunday show because I have no need to convert you. Unlike Christians, I don't get special bonus points for winning over souls to the Lord. My God couldn't care less what you believe.

SO... Let me get this straight... Of all the trillions of creatures ever to roam the Earth, ours is the only one to have ever evolved enough of a brain to do all the things we've done--- and yet--- at the very same time--- this same miraculous brain has caused us to believe in fairy tales and imaginary supernatural beings that don't exist, to the point of sheer radical fanaticism at times? Yeah.... that makes tons of sense! MORON!

Uhm... yes, I believe in something! Duh! YOU are the one who doesn't believe in something! Our failures are very often the catalyst for our achievements. As for corruption and evil, I've already explained that. Just as there is a Spiritual Energy, there is a negative Spiritual Energy working against it. The question ought to be turned back around on you Nihilists... do you not believe there is pure evil in the world? Where is your "physical science" explanation for that?
More shameless lies. Nobody thinks that scientific positions cannot be refuted. In fact, if it cannot be tested and ruled out in some way, then it is not a scientific idea at all!

What people think is that accepted theories cannot be refuted by a bunch of know-nothing cacklers on a message board. Accepted theories are supported by mountains of mutually supportive evidence. If they are to be refuted, it will be by mountains of evidence to the contrary, not by weekend warrior shamans like you who use every charlatan's tactic in the book to try to turn their own ignorance and misunderstanding of these theories into an argument that they must therefore be flawed. Talk about egoism....

More shameless lies. Nobody thinks that scientific positions cannot be refuted. In fact, if it cannot be tested and ruled out, then it is not a scientific isea at all!

What people think is that accepted theories cannot be refuted by a bunch of know-nothing callers on a message board. Accepted theories are supported by mountains of mutually supportive evidence. If they are to be refuted, it will be by mountains of evidence to the contrary, not by weekend warrior shamans like you who use every charlatan's tactic in the book to try to turn their own ignorance and misunderstanding of these theories into an argument that they must therefore be flawed. Talk about egoism...

Now see... this is like arguing with a seven-headed monster. One of you implies something and I address it... then another of you pops in to claim no one ever said that! One of the monster heads is proclaiming reality is NO GOD and another head is saying "We Don't Know!"

Accepted theories can CERTAINLY be refuted! It has happened repeatedly through the entire history of Science! In fact, an argument can be made that's exactly what Science does! Many of you want to dance around with your various THEORIES, HYPOTHESIS AND CONJECTURE, and avoid ANY discussion about the "evidence" you have to support them, while acting as if this is all proven science that has been established as conclusive. It has NOT been!

More shameless lies. Nobody thinks that scientific positions cannot be refuted. In fact, if it cannot be tested and ruled out, then it is not a scientific isea at all!

What people think is that accepted theories cannot be refuted by a bunch of know-nothing callers on a message board. Accepted theories are supported by mountains of mutually supportive evidence. If they are to be refuted, it will be by mountains of evidence to the contrary, not by weekend warrior shamans like you who use every charlatan's tactic in the book to try to turn their own ignorance and misunderstanding of these theories into an argument that they must therefore be flawed. Talk about egoism...

Now see... this is like arguing with a seven-headed monster. One of you implies something and I address it... then another of you pops in to claim no one ever said that! One of the monster heads is proclaiming reality is NO GOD and another head is saying "We Don't Know!"

Accepted theories can CERTAINLY be refuted! It has happened repeatedly through the entire history of Science! In fact, an argument can be made that's exactly what Science does! Many of you want to dance around with your various THEORIES, HYPOTHESIS AND CONJECTURE, and avoid ANY discussion about the "evidence" you have to support them, while acting as if this is all proven science that has been established as conclusive. It has NOT been!
I just said it is possible for accepted theories to be refuted. There is no need to repeat my ideas back to me. What I said --which was the main point you intentionally ignored -- is that these theories are not refuted, in fact not even challenged, by a bunch of squawkers who naysay despite knowing less than nothing about them. They can only be challenged or refuted with a preponderance of the evidence.

But that is best left to people who understand the word, "evidence".

Yes, you argue for science up until the point that it disproves your creationist argument.

Boss says:

Yes, I think you're finally understanding. But then again...

You are calling me names again.

So don't shed a tear when I respond accordingly. ok?

Boss, you are not as smart as you think you are.

You're just a bully.

And afraid of a challenge. You know what i mean...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back