Atheist: Okay to Disparage Christians, But Islam Off-Limits Because of ‘Fear’

"Okay to Disparage Christians, But Islam Off-Limits Because of ‘Fear’"

Yup. Don't criticize Islam or the messageboard muzzy police will try to shout you down.
But Islam is one of the most ridiculous of all the made up religions.

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Christianity is the greatest bullshit story ever told no doubt.
Islam is just the most dangerous and bloodthirsty religion.

None more bloody than enforced atheism.
Like where?

Yup. Don't criticize Islam or the messageboard muzzy police will try to shout you down.

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

All you have to do is worship in private, where it belongs.

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Like where?
II think north Korea is an atheist state. They certainly suppress freedoms and religion is a freedom we have in the west. Even if its a freedom from.

So Kim Jung doesn't force a religion on the people. Proving no ones all bad. Hitler was endorsed by Catholics. He used religion to mislead and control. If Hitler was anti Christianity it would have hurt his popularity. Just like here in America Germans in the 1930's wouldn't have elected an atheist

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Wrong. We are to worship God openly and freely. I worship Jesus Christ before this world! I have no reservations about it! My life is not my own. I belong to Him! For me to live is Christ!

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Wrong. We are to worship God openly and freely. I worship Jesus Christ before this world! I have no reservations about it! My life is not my own. I belong to Him! For me to live is Christ!
I don't know why people don't like you. I never see you say anything over the top or insulting. Wish more were like you.

But I still think you're suffering from wishful thinking.

And honestly theists like you don't offend me.

You seem like a good spokesperson. You clearly have good teachers.

Still think you're nuts but to each his own.

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

No, wrong. Tough shit if you don't like the fact that people will worship right out in public in my country.

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

No, wrong. Tough shit if you don't like the fact that people will worship right out in public in my country

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Like where?

The Soviet Union, Communist China under Mao.

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

No, wrong. Tough shit if you don't like the fact that people will worship right out in public in my country

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Like where?

I'm OK with you making yourself look stupid by professing your ignorance. I just want the freedom to openly and publicly mock you.

It's so refreshing to finally see someone from the left tell the unvarnished truth.

(CNSNews.com) – An atheist professor said Tuesday that it’s acceptable to criticize Christians but not Muslims, because he does not “fear” retaliation from Christians.

“I know what keeps me from critiquing Islam on my blog is just fear,” Phil Zuckerman said at a discussion on religious liberty at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. “I’ve got three kids.

“So I know I can say anything about Christianity or Mormonism, and I’m not living in fear, which is a testament to Christianity and Mormonism, and that’s wonderful. Thank you,” said Zuckerman, who is a self-described atheist and professor of secular studies at Pitzer College in Claremont, Calif.

Zuckerman was a panelist at the discussion as part of Georgetown University’s Religious Freedom Project at its Berkley Center.

Kirsten Powers, a Democratic pundit, recent convert to Catholicism and author of the book “How the Left Is Killing Free Speech,” said at the event that she does not understand why Muslims can oppose same-sex marriage and not be targeted by the Left for it, but calling out Christians for their beliefs is acceptable.

Powers cited the hidden video recordings made earlier this year by Steven Crowder, who asked Muslim bakers in Michigan if they would bake a cake for a same-sex wedding and they refused.

“If these had been Christian bakeries, it would have been on the front page of the New York Times, so I’m wondering why we’re able to have this amicable, disagreement with Muslims for having this view,” Powers said. “Why are we not able to do that with Christians?

“I absolutely agree with you,” Zuckerman said.

“I absolutely agree that it is okay for those on the left to critique, mock, deride Christianity, but Islam gets a free pass, which is so strange, because if you care about women’s rights, if you care about human rights, if you care about gay rights, then really Islam is much more problematic – sorry to paint Islam with a huge brush – and much more devastating,” he said.

“As an atheist – where on planet Earth is the death penalty meted out to atheists?” Zuckerman said. “It’s only in, I think, 24 Muslim countries.

“Where have human rights flourished the most? In Christian nations,” he said.

“I see Christianity as a great friend of secular culture,” Zuckerman said. “I see Islam as much more of a threat, much more debilitating. I’m not talking about Muslim individuals that I happen to sit next to on an airplane or are my neighbors. I’m talking about doctrines and those that have the power to enforce those doctrines in the form of Sharia law.”

Zuckerman mentioned comedian Bill Maher, actor Ben Affleck and atheist and author Sam Harris and the reaction to their remarks about Islam.

“I would say two things,” Zuckerman said. “I know what keeps me from critiquing Islam on my blog is just fear.

“I’ve got three kids,” he said. “So I know I can say anything about Christianity or Mormonism, and I’m not living in fear, which is a testament to Christianity and Mormonism, and that’s wonderful. Thank you.

“I would never write the same kind of stuff that I do about certain religions – Judaism, Christianity, LDS, whatever – as I would about Islam – just straight up fear,” Zuckerman said.

Keep in mind that Christians and Muslims hold many of the same beliefs. And whenever an atheist opposes a Christian belief, it always turns out that they're also opposing a Muslim belief.

Always? Are you sure about that?

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Like where?

I'm OK with you making yourself look stupid by professing your ignorance. I just want the freedom to openly and publicly mock you.

By all means, feel free to advertise your hollow weakness and intellectual limitations (as if they weren't obvious enough already).

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Like where?

.[/QUOTE]
You're living in the past, we're talking about today. Check the thread title, ma'am. You lose.

I, and many here, criticize Islam all the time. It's a sucky religion from a sucky place. In its current form it breeds ignorance.......similar to fundamentalist christianity. In fact fundamentalism itself, regardless of the religion, breeds and applauds ignorance.

Key being fundamentalist. Fundamentalists from any religion is the problem, not the religion. Reasonable people know this.
Fundamental Christians are way tamer than fundamental muslims. Even you know that.

No wonder....all they do is go to the car and clothes show for an hour and a half each Sunday morning. They drop by their closest favorite restaurant for lunch and VOILA!!! They feel good about themselves for a whole week! That's one helluva difference in what the new testament lays out for them. I've read it hundreds of times during my 81 years here and:

1) Nobody Lives It!
2) Most Don't Have a Clue About What's In It!
3) They're Just As Well Off Because The Whole Thing Is Just A Crock Of Ancient Made Up Bullshit Anyway!

It's so refreshing to finally see someone from the left tell the unvarnished truth.

(CNSNews.com) – An atheist professor said Tuesday that it’s acceptable to criticize Christians but not Muslims, because he does not “fear” retaliation from Christians.

“I know what keeps me from critiquing Islam on my blog is just fear,” Phil Zuckerman said at a discussion on religious liberty at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. “I’ve got three kids.

“So I know I can say anything about Christianity or Mormonism, and I’m not living in fear, which is a testament to Christianity and Mormonism, and that’s wonderful. Thank you,” said Zuckerman, who is a self-described atheist and professor of secular studies at Pitzer College in Claremont, Calif.

Zuckerman was a panelist at the discussion as part of Georgetown University’s Religious Freedom Project at its Berkley Center.

Kirsten Powers, a Democratic pundit, recent convert to Catholicism and author of the book “How the Left Is Killing Free Speech,” said at the event that she does not understand why Muslims can oppose same-sex marriage and not be targeted by the Left for it, but calling out Christians for their beliefs is acceptable.

Powers cited the hidden video recordings made earlier this year by Steven Crowder, who asked Muslim bakers in Michigan if they would bake a cake for a same-sex wedding and they refused.

“If these had been Christian bakeries, it would have been on the front page of the New York Times, so I’m wondering why we’re able to have this amicable, disagreement with Muslims for having this view,” Powers said. “Why are we not able to do that with Christians?

“I absolutely agree that it is okay for those on the left to critique, mock, deride Christianity, but Islam gets a free pass, which is so strange, because if you care about women’s rights, if you care about human rights, if you care about gay rights, then really Islam is much more problematic – sorry to paint Islam with a huge brush – and much more devastating,” he said.

“As an atheist – where on planet Earth is the death penalty meted out to atheists?” Zuckerman said. “It’s only in, I think, 24 Muslim countries.

“I see Christianity as a great friend of secular culture,” Zuckerman said. “I see Islam as much more of a threat, much more debilitating. I’m not talking about Muslim individuals that I happen to sit next to on an airplane or are my neighbors. I’m talking about doctrines and those that have the power to enforce those doctrines in the form of Sharia law.”

Zuckerman mentioned comedian Bill Maher, actor Ben Affleck and atheist and author Sam Harris and the reaction to their remarks about Islam.

“I would say two things,” Zuckerman said. “I know what keeps me from critiquing Islam on my blog is just fear.

“I’ve got three kids,” he said. “So I know I can say anything about Christianity or Mormonism, and I’m not living in fear, which is a testament to Christianity and Mormonism, and that’s wonderful. Thank you.

“I would never write the same kind of stuff that I do about certain religions – Judaism, Christianity, LDS, whatever – as I would about Islam – just straight up fear,” Zuckerman said.

Keep in mind that Christians and Muslims hold many of the same beliefs. And whenever an atheist opposes a Christian belief, it always turns out that they're also opposing a Muslim belief.

Ok, give an example of that not being the case.

Ok, give an example of that not being the case.
Muslims are taught to wipe their ass with an uneven number of rocks.

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Like where?

You're living in the past, we're talking about today. Check the thread title, ma'am. You lose.[/QUOTE]

Wrong again, troll.

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Like where?

You're living in the past, we're talking about today. Check the thread title, ma'am. You lose.

Wrong again, troll.[/QUOTE]
You're the one trolling and never adding anything other than an insult. Fool.

Like where?

Wrong again, troll.
You're the one trolling and never adding anything other than an insult. Fool.[/QUOTE]
Unkotare never adds anything other than insults and snippy comments. I only hit my laugh button in reply to his useless comments. If he ever had an opinion maybe I would bother discussing with him but the only opinion he has is that my opinion sucks. LOL

1. Mormons
2. Jehovahs
3. Muslims
4. Jewdaoism
5. Christianity

Fine...just don't stick it in my face.....religion is like sexual organs...pretty much everyone has one, but don't wave it around in everyone's face.

Forum List

Back