Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing and we're all going nowhere

Yes, I know you did. You are viewing from today's perspective rather than the perspective of 3000 years ago. Of course it doesn't make sense to you.

it wouldn't make sense to a moral god especially if he was supposed to be a timeless supreme being
Why does it matter? You don't believe in God anyway. Don't you have better things to do than to discuss what you believe is a fairy tale? Do you want to discuss the three bears with me too?
I may not believe in god but I am trying to understand why people submit to a religion
Because we were made to worship. The only choice in the matter is what we choose to worship. Now you know.

A speech by the late David Foster Wallace

and who is this guy to say what the entire human race is made to do? He was a writer not a scientist
If you can't figure out the laws of nature, I am afraid I can't help you.

I was never given any satisfactory answers about god and guess what you aren't giving any either.

you don't care that your god capriciously slaughtered people for disobeying him if you believe the bible is actually true.

I have never seen people hold such diametrically opposed views as the religious and you are no different.
I didn't know it was my job. I didn't need anyone to do my work for me. You shouldn't either.

You don't believe in God so you don't believe He slaughtered anyone, now do you? So you are making an argument you don't believe.

I can live with that. I have never seen so many people talking about something they don't believe.
where did I say it was your job

I ask questions you don't give satisfactory answers

I guess it's a good thing it's not your job
You seemed a little demanding is all. Look this is pretty simple. Don't believe in God. See? Problem solved. Go and live a material life without care in the world.
and there is the judgmental arrogance I have come to know so well

you have no idea what kind of life I live do you? You know absolutely nothing about me yet you assume I am materialistic and immoral

well I have said before christians I have met are the most vile of people and that still stands
No judgment on my part at all. I may not accept your bullshit answer, but I don't judge you for lying about it. I know that the kind of life you have demands that you try to tear down others to make yourself feel good.

says the guy who tells people they are immoral and materialistic with absolutely no evidence

but then again you don't need evidence to believe right?

Atheism is the belief in materialism. They see no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure. They practice moral relativity.
actually you are wrong

Atheists are not immoral any more than believers are immoral
Atheists do not commit more crimes or kill more people than believers do

and there have been moral codes and societal laws before christianity
What do atheists base their morals on? They don't believe that moral laws exist?
of course they do

what makes you think atheists think it's OK to rape kill pillage and burn ?
The 20th Century.
Yeah the only horrible crimes committed were committed solely by atheists

FYI there has been more killing in the name of god than for any other reason
I already explained the reason. It is a worldview based on materialism and moral relativity which is based on pleasure and primitive needs.

it wouldn't make sense to a moral god especially if he was supposed to be a timeless supreme being
Why does it matter? You don't believe in God anyway. Don't you have better things to do than to discuss what you believe is a fairy tale? Do you want to discuss the three bears with me too?
I may not believe in god but I am trying to understand why people submit to a religion
Because we were made to worship. The only choice in the matter is what we choose to worship. Now you know.

and who is this guy to say what the entire human race is made to do? He was a writer not a scientist

so no answer as to this guy's credentials
didn't think you had one

I didn't know it was my job. I didn't need anyone to do my work for me. You shouldn't either.

You don't believe in God so you don't believe He slaughtered anyone, now do you? So you are making an argument you don't believe.

I can live with that. I have never seen so many people talking about something they don't believe.

You seemed a little demanding is all. Look this is pretty simple. Don't believe in God. See? Problem solved. Go and live a material life without care in the world.

you have no idea what kind of life I live do you? You know absolutely nothing about me yet you assume I am materialistic and immoral

well I have said before christians I have met are the most vile of people and that still stands
No judgment on my part at all. I may not accept your bullshit answer, but I don't judge you for lying about it. I know that the kind of life you have demands that you try to tear down others to make yourself feel good.

says the guy who tells people they are immoral and materialistic with absolutely no evidence

If you don't believe the spiritual exists then all you have left is the material and pleasing yourself and meeting your primitive needs.

actually you are wrong

What do atheists base their morals on? They don't believe that moral laws exist?
of course they do

The 20th Century.

I already explained the reason. It is a worldview based on materialism and moral relativity which is based on pleasure and primitive needs.

so now you think I am incapable of discipline too?

And if you want moral relativity look at your religion.

If you don't believe the spiritual exists then all you have left is the material and pleasing yourself and meeting your primitive needs.

where did I deny the existence of anything spiritual you seem to think spiritual means god and nothing else

didn't think you had one
No scientist believes he invented the physical laws of nature. No person created the moral laws of nature. All we can do is discover them. You don't believe they exist. That's really all you need to know.

of course they do

The 20th Century.

Then you believe that moral relativity is bad? Or are you trying to make a two wrongs makes a right argument?

if all I cared about were primitive needs I would not study, read meditate and try to better myself every day

where did I deny the existence of anything spiritual you seem to think spiritual means god and nothing else
You are an atheist. By definition you do not believe in the spiritual. Look it up.

of course they do

The 20th Century.

Then you believe that moral relativity is bad? Or are you trying to make a two wrongs makes a right argument?
Or spend tour time trying to tear down the beliefs of others?

didn't think you had one
No scientist believes he invented the physical laws of nature. No person created the moral laws of nature. All we can do is discover them. You don't believe they exist. That's really all you need to know.

where did I say I don't believe morals exist when I obviously have stated that morals have existed before christianity?

you see one doesn't need a god to tell them killing is wrong, or stealing is wrong only people who are already of weak character need the threat of eternal damnation to make them act morally

didn't think you had one

where did I say I don't believe morals exist when I obviously have stated that morals have existed before christianity?

you see one doesn't need a god to tell them killing is wrong, or stealing is wrong only people who are already of weak character need the threat of eternal damnation to make them act morally
Where do morals come from?

You are an atheist. By definition you do not believe in the spiritual. Look it up.
no I do not believe in the biblical god

or any god for that matter that does not mean in the world of the mind one cannot be spiritual

didn't think you had one

Where do morals come from?

The human mind like everything else nothing supernatural about it

The 20th Century.

Or spend tour time trying to tear down the beliefs of others?
yes asking questions is tearing down

The religious don't want people to ask questions they want people to believe period

I was never given any satisfactory answers about god and guess what you aren't giving any either.

you don't care that your god capriciously slaughtered people for disobeying him if you believe the bible is actually true.

I have never seen people hold such diametrically opposed views as the religious and you are no different.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

And there's no point, really, to any of it, so life has no meaning or purpose.
dear, don't complain, be Patriotic:

our Founding Fathers gave us our civic Bible and mission for the militia of the United States, in life;

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Our "standing Order" for the militia of the United States, has already been Ordained and Established for us.

What is not covered by our Constitution for our Body Politic?

Athiesm is the belief we don't know. Theism is the belief we know.

I don't believe we know
Atheism is the belief in materialism. They see no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure. They practice moral relativity.
actually you are wrong

of course they do

The 20th Century.

Look how small you are

Forum List

Back