At What Point Will Hollywood Give Up On Jennifer Aniston?

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
At What Point Will Hollywood Give Up On Jennifer Aniston?
by Dorothy Pomerantz · August 23, 2010
Jennifer Aniston's latest film, "The Switch," opened this weekend in 1,700 theaters, but it didn't even crack the top five in ticket sales. The film earned only $8 million, putting it in ninth place behind films like "Vampires Suck" and "Piranha 3-D," according to Exhibitor Relations.

That makes the movie Aniston's fourth disappointment in a row. "Management" was D.O.A. in May 2009 with only $2 million at the global box office. Later that year "Love Happens," co-starring Aaron Eckhart, earned just $36 million. Her most recent film, "The Bounty Hunter," actually ended up doing well at the box office, bringing is $136 million globally by the end of its run. But that's hardly a blockbuster.

Aniston hasn't carried a hit on her own to past $70 million at the box office domestically, according to earnings data compiled by Box Office Mojo. Her films that have earned more than that (like "Bruce Almighty,"Marley & Me and "The Break-Up") have all featured Aniston essentially playing second fiddle to someone like Jim Carrey or, in the case of "Marley & Me," a cute dog.

Read more here

Forum copyright rules, to be found HERE, require a link to copyrighted material.

~Oddball

Does this mean we can be expecting a topless scene in the near future?

Does this mean we can be expecting a topless scene in the near future?

Damn, you beat me to it.

She better hurry up too. She sure doesn't want to pull a Meg Ryan and wait until her titties have completely succumbed to gravity.

I honestly don't know why they started with her. Never really seen her as a good actress. Heck, she is one of the reasons I really don't like Friends. The other 5 are her co-stars in that.

She has bad hair. It ought to be a natural law, no starring roles for women with bad hair. Also, she can't act. She's been playing the same "clueless girlfriend" role for twenty fucking years.

She has bad hair. It ought to be a natural law, no starring roles for women with bad hair. Also, she can't act. She's been playing the same "clueless girlfriend" role for twenty fucking years.

I think the "She can't act" part should be emphasized. And she has been the same clueless girlfriend. It's ridiculous.

I got news for you, she isn't acting like the dopey girlfriend, that's who she is. Hotter than hell, but a total dumbshit. I remember an interview in People magazine when she answered the question "What is the most important thing in the world to you?" She answered " A good margarita".

She's definitely the girl you nail at HER place.

Forum List

Back