Astronomers say we could be just 10 years away from finding alien life

Can anyone imagine the chaos and fear and SHOCK that would spread across the world if aliens were discovered, and then if they were coming here?
And plus...what happens if they're evil and want to kill us all or enslave us? View attachment 121794

Don't worry. If there's one thing humans are really good at it's killing things.
That's absolutely tru Unkotare but the alien could have some super-powerful guns we don't have ;)

We've got that covered.

I think the majority of us would like to find out that we are not alone before we die.
Amazing people will believe in alien life but not God who says he is always with you.

Actually, it's apples and oranges. If they discover life, I can see it, know it's there, hear the examinations and implications. With God, the story is only faith. If you can believe a virgin had a baby that walked on water and raised the dead, certainly someone else can believe in actual biological life somewhere besides Earth. And I respect the rights of both sides without ridicule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The point flies right over your head. IF. There is zero evidence of alien life, yet billions are spent in the desperate attempt to find it.

There are radio waves which can and do reach us. I suspect an alien form of life has listened to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Sarah Palin, and determined their is no intelligent live on Earth.
Are you claiming those "radio waves" reaching us have an intelligent origin?

"Claiming"? Of course not, I was simply having some fun with the idiocy of the 3 stooges. That's all.

I think the majority of us would like to find out that we are not alone before we die.
Amazing people will believe in alien life but not God who says he is always with you.

What are you afraid of?

Don't bother I already know.
Afraid of losing more of my money to scammers.
Planets are detected by gravitational methods, there is no optics that will ever be able to determine if a planet has life. Ever.
So what are you afraid of about God?
There will come a time, probably before 2030, that we will see some of the closer planets with optics.

As for God, I really am not afraid at all. I look forward to seeing Aphrodite in her see through nightie. LOL

Assuming the James Web telescope even works, the best it will do is see a planet as a speck of light. There will be no details seen.

This is just a budget scam to get more money, just as when NASA announced they found life on Mars.

Don't worry. If there's one thing humans are really good at it's killing things.
That's absolutely tru Unkotare but the alien could have some super-powerful guns we don't have ;)
Yes they could. So powerful in fact they wouldn't have to land, just take us out from space. Better yet, they could just release a biological weapon genetically designed to eradicate all human beings and leave the rest of the planet untouched.

We could worry about this shit all day, but the fact remains being paranoid about it won't help us. If we mere humans can identify "earth-like" planets from light years away, no doubt space-traveling can do better. They'd either be peaceful or we'd never know what hit us.

Actually, it's apples and oranges. If they discover life, I can see it, know it's there, hear the examinations and implications. With God, the story is only faith. If you can believe a virgin had a baby that walked on water and raised the dead, certainly someone else can believe in actual biological life somewhere besides Earth. And I respect the rights of both sides without ridicule.

The point flies right over your head. IF. There is zero evidence of alien life, yet billions are spent in the desperate attempt to find it.

Maybe it did. Why don't you put a nice, fine point to it [emoji6]
And, yes, there is plenty of evidence for life elsewhere. It may not be 100% conclusive, but there's evidence.
You're not saying no money has been spent on proving God, are you. No. Of course not.

Last edited:
And, yes, there is plenty of evidence for life elsewhere. It may not be 100% conclusive, but there's evidence.

Sorry, but there is zero evidence of life other than on Earth. What there is are the basic "building blocks" for life and computational statistics about the likelihood of life elsewhere. So far, zero evidence that life exists other than from Earth.

Now, do I believe there is life elsewhere? Yes. I also believe there is a spiritual component to existence. :)

Sorry, but there is zero evidence of life other than on Earth. What there is are the basic "building blocks" for life and computational statistics about the likelihood of life elsewhere. So far, zero evidence that life exists other than from Earth.

Now, do I believe there is life elsewhere? Yes. I also believe there is a spiritual component to existence. :)

I can't educate you or even point you in the correct position in a forum such as this but as a hobby I've studied this phenomenon for over 25 years and I strongly disagree

I can't educate you or even point you in the correct position in a forum such as this but as a hobby I've studied this phenomenon for over 25 years and I strongly disagree

Awesome! All you have to do is post a single credible link stating there is non-Earth life elsewhere. Just one. Not building blocks or likelihood but proof life exists off planet.

Well, that's persuasive...

Awesome! All you have to do is post a single credible link stating there is non-Earth life elsewhere. Just one. Not building blocks or likelihood but proof life exists off planet.

You'll just say it's circumstantial or some other excuse. It's a collective reasoning of reports, radar, multiple credible eyewitnesses, trace evidence, etc of the ETH. Evidence of panspermia, etc. The red rain in India. We can agree to disagree. Who cares. We're not changing each other's minds.

You'll just say it's circumstantial or some other excuse. It's a collective reasoning of reports, radar, multiple credible eyewitnesses, trace evidence, etc of the ETH. Evidence of panspermia, etc. The red rain in India. We can agree to disagree. Who cares. We're not changing each other's minds.

Translation: You are correct, DW. I have zero evidence of life off planet.

Radar???? Are you talking about UFOs? Eye witnesses??? Are you talking about Joe Bob being abducted and given an anal-probe by bucktoothed aliens?

Please let me know when you have actual evidence of life off planet. I'm highly interested.

Translation: You are correct, DW. I have zero evidence of life off planet.

Radar???? Are you talking about UFOs? Eye witnesses??? Are you talking about Joe Bob being abducted and given an anal-probe by bucktoothed aliens?

Please let me know when you have actual evidence of life off planet. I'm highly interested.

I could quote many papers. You could too. Google them. I'm not your professor and it damn sure isn't my job to prove or educate you on anything. Much less something as polarizing as this issue. You're a narcissist in the truest sense of the meaning. "You Win". [emoji23]
If it helps you bud. Feel right and mighty. I'm done. I don't debate belligerent a holes.

I could quote many papers. You could too. Google them. I'm not your professor and it damn sure isn't my job to prove or educate you on anything. Much less something as polarizing as this issue. You're a narcissist in the truest sense of the meaning. "You Win". [emoji23]
If it helps you bud. Feel right and mighty. I'm done. I don't debate belligerent a holes.

I'm sure you could. So why is NASA and all other space agencies on the planet plus the US government and all other governments conspiring to keep this information secret?

The fact you began hurling insults tells me I've hit a nerve and that you aren't as confident you are correct as you claim to be.

BTW, you can call me an asshole, motherfucker, shithead, etc. Just not a word that rhymes with "bunt". OTOH, if your entire post is just hurling insults, you'll risk being given a vacation.

What are you afraid of?

Don't bother I already know.
Afraid of losing more of my money to scammers.
Planets are detected by gravitational methods, there is no optics that will ever be able to determine if a planet has life. Ever.
So what are you afraid of about God?
There will come a time, probably before 2030, that we will see some of the closer planets with optics.

As for God, I really am not afraid at all. I look forward to seeing Aphrodite in her see through nightie. LOL

Assuming the James Web telescope even works, the best it will do is see a planet as a speck of light. There will be no details seen.

This is just a budget scam to get more money, just as when NASA announced they found life on Mars.

Lol you see how much money NASA spent. on it?

Can anyone imagine the chaos and fear and SHOCK that would spread across the world if aliens were discovered, and then if they were coming here?

You really think there will be global chaos because a microbe is found swimming around under the ice on Enceladus? A little high strung, aren't you?
Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. Thank you lib.
Why should anyone do that? You are too much fun when your little feelings are hurt. LOL

I think that we will find other life in our solar system. If it is based on DNA then there is a good case for at least local panspermia. However, I also think it likely that we will find life that is not like ours. The clouds of the gas giants contain organics, and many gradients in heat and pressure.

And plus...what happens if they're evil and want to kill us all or enslave us? View attachment 121794
Well, if they have the technology to travel between solar systems, if they want to do that, they will succeed.

Forum List

Back