Asset Forfeiture?

That isnt a response.
Holding 10k in cash is not money laundering. It is holding 10k in cash.
Police confiscate assets unrelated to the crime and out of proportion to the evidence. Getting them returned is expensive and time consuming and often out of the range of the average person.

The next time you are at the bank deposit 10k cash in your account and watch what happens. You have to prove where the money came from.

The issue is due process. The police have to apply to the courts in order to keep the assets. A hearing is held. You have the right to challenge. There is your due process.

I deposited $8850 (cash) about a year and a half ago. Nobody at the bank said a word about it.
The limit is 10k. 8850 is less than 10,000.

I know the last time I tried to withdraw 10k and refused to furnish a reason toi the bank, they refused to give me my cash.

And I keep getting told that we are so 'free.' People simply do not understand what free is.
There's ways around it. Go to different branches on different days. Don't do 10000 but rather 9000. In the rare case they do ask give the same reason. Different branches different people.
You could always request a cashiers check from a bank and bring someone with same last name and tell the tEller you want it made out in their name and they will never question you, then they can cash it with you in car at their bank.

Brilliant.

If she's hot, yes of course I do. She'll have money to take care of her damn property if she wants and loves it so damn much. Unlike these pot growers next door. I live in such a nice neighborhood with big homes and nice properties and I get stuck with the neighbors who have their blinds down all the damn time. Shit.

If she's hot?

Yes. Nothing wrong with sneaking a peak through telescope or benoculars.

That isnt a response.
Holding 10k in cash is not money laundering. It is holding 10k in cash.
Police confiscate assets unrelated to the crime and out of proportion to the evidence. Getting them returned is expensive and time consuming and often out of the range of the average person.

The next time you are at the bank deposit 10k cash in your account and watch what happens. You have to prove where the money came from.

The issue is due process. The police have to apply to the courts in order to keep the assets. A hearing is held. You have the right to challenge. There is your due process.

I deposited $8850 (cash) about a year and a half ago. Nobody at the bank said a word about it.
The limit is 10k. 8850 is less than 10,000.

I know the last time I tried to withdraw 10k and refused to furnish a reason toi the bank, they refused to give me my cash.

And I keep getting told that we are so 'free.' People simply do not understand what free is.
There's ways around it. Go to different branches on different days. Don't do 10000 but rather 9000. In the rare case they do ask give the same reason. Different branches different people.
You could always request a cashiers check from a bank and bring someone with same last name and tell the tEller you want it made out in their name and they will never question you, then they can cash it with you in car at their bank.

Brilliant.
No there isn't. 'Ways around it' are insufficient anyway. You should not be trying to avoid totalitarian law - we should be eliminating it. The government has no right to force people to structure their habits in order to avoid oppressive actions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/u...unts-on-suspicion-no-crime-required.html?_r=1
The Internal Revenue Service agents did not accuse Ms. Hinders of money laundering or cheating on her taxes — in fact, she has not been charged with any crime. Instead, the money was seized solely because she had deposited less than $10,000 at a time, which they viewed as an attempt to avoid triggering a required government report.

If she's hot, yes of course I do. She'll have money to take care of her damn property if she wants and loves it so damn much. Unlike these pot growers next door. I live in such a nice neighborhood with big homes and nice properties and I get stuck with the neighbors who have their blinds down all the damn time. Shit.

If she's hot?

WOW!!

We have sent people to their deaths on far less evidence than it takes to get a serious investigation into corporate wrongdoing that all too often end in a negligible fine and no recompense to victims.

And chances are the wrongdoing corporations made so much damn money off their wrongdoing that they could care less about some piddly ass fine from the government. Take our wonderful bankers for instance. Collapse the economy, make hundreds of millions doing it and pay a few million in fines. Decent trade off if you can get it.
Yup, that was pretty much the Microsoft business model. Commit blatant and widespread intellectual property theft and then pay the relatively miniscule fine that results.

If she's hot?

WOW!!
pretty kinky ae? :)

Do I not have a right to my own property? Shouldn't I be CONVICTED of a crime before my property becomes forfeit?

You are pulled over and a cop find a large amount of cash (without a bank receipt) and drug paraphernalia, you should get to keep the cash and the drug paraphernalia?
Is carrying cash a crime? Is carrying "drug paraphernalia" a crime? I suppose that the drug paraphernalia may be a crime to possess in some locales. Suppose you were a diabetic carrying your life savings. Some cop pulls you over and finds cash and a syringe. Should you lose your life savings because some cop decides to confiscate it? In any case, you shouldn't lose anything unless convicted of a crime. That would violate the 5th amendment, IMHO.

Forum List

Back