Aspirations

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Do you make them on special occassions like the New Year? I do. I also make them on my birthday, (which is in a couple of days).

I'm going to take on my most challenging behavior. My own negative speech. That will change my involvement with the forum.

My wife has bought me an expensive timer, that sounds like a Tibetan meditation bell. Quite pleasing sound. I'm going to set it for ten minute increments with the goal of keeping my speech kind and respectful in ten minute increments.

I will be avoiding the Flame Zone and taking care to not get hooked on anyone's bait.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I'm dropping the topics of homosexuality and Christianity. I removed my avie because someone complained about it.

• Banned
I'm not going to re-hash any old posting issues with members. This is a new beginning.

• Banned
I'm dropping the topics of homosexuality and Christianity. I removed my avie because someone complained about it.

No lesbo lip interlocking avies?

No more simply fascinating threads on SkyFi's odd perspective on all those homosexual Christians?

What is to become of USMB?

A quieter, kinder place, more conservative and provincial?

Last edited:

No more simply fascinating threads on SkyFi's odd perspective on all those homosexual Christians?

Whatever.

I never took umbrage at any pictures of pretty women engaged in a smooch.

And, if you have some almost compulsive need or desire to talk about Christians, Christianity or comparisons between "those" people and the pure, wholesome and noble Buddhists, I have never been troubled by that. Indeed, candidly, I am not particularly religious. I don't usually even glance at such threads unless my attention is directed to it for one reason or another.

But, when you make your standard grandiose pronouncements, it does tend to amuse me.

• Banned

Whatever.

And, if you have some almost compulsive need or desire to talk about Christians, Christianity or comparisons between "those" people and the pure, wholesome and noble Buddhists, I have never been troubled by that. Indeed, candidly, I am not particularly religious. I don't usually even glance at such threads unless my attention is directed to it for one reason or another.

But, when you make your standard grandiose pronouncements, it does tend to amuse me.

Being amused isn't a bad thing. I have no problem with you being amused by my birthday aspirations. I'm goin avie less.

Whatever brings a smile to your face...

Whatever.

Being amused isn't a bad thing. I have no problem with you being amused by my birthday aspirations. I'm goin avie less.

Being amused is a wonderful thing.

Amusing others is terrific.

That should be your aspiration.

And you should talk about it.

A lot.

• Banned
Whatever.

A lot.

Ok, I think it's amusing to have a timer that sounds like a Tibetan bell, set up by your computer to ring every ten minutes, don't you?

It's it amusing to confess every night to how you screwed up, do purification practices and set a fresh intention? It's hilarious.

Last edited:

A lot.

Ok, I think it's amusing to have a timer that sounds like a Tibetan bell, set up by your computer to ring every ten minutes, don't you?

It's it amusing to confess every night to how you screwed up, do purification practices and set a fresh intention? It's hilarious.

"It's it amusing to confess every night to how you screwed up, do purification practices and set a fresh intention? It's hilarious."

:lmao:

You have no idea how funny that is.

Unintentional humor is often amongst the funniest kind.

It sounds like you want to give up your individuality...but if that's what gives you peace, go for it. Personally, I'd rather be controversial than boring.

Happy Birthday early.

Maybe try to give up your desire to be a victim all the time. You even do it in this thread - poor, poor Sky can't have an avatar because someone complained.

Be an independent person - don't be a victim. Especially don't look for ways to BE a victim, and most of all, don't make up ways to be a victim.

Happy Birthday early.

Maybe try to give up your desire to be a victim all the time. You even do it in this thread - poor, poor Sky can't have an avatar because someone complained.

Be an independent person - don't be a victim. Especially don't look for ways to BE a victim, and most of all, don't make up ways to be a victim.

Or, she can go all Buddhist on us and BEEEEEEeeeee her inner victim. She can CHOOOSE to embrace her victimhood!

I'm going to take on my most challenging behavior. My own negative speech. That will change my involvement with the forum. I will be avoiding the Flame Zone and taking care to not get hooked on anyone's bait.

Last edited:
I'm going to take on my most challenging behavior. My own negative speech. That will change my involvement with the forum. I will be avoiding the Flame Zone and taking care to not get hooked on anyone's bait.

That's EXCELLENT.

No more "no" in your lexicon!

And we, of course, are all here to he'p you.

We will relentlessly comment on all of your negativity whenever it rears its ugly head.

That's EXCELLENT.

No more "no" in your lexicon!

And we, of course, are all here to he'p you.

We will relentlessly comment on all of your negativity whenever it rears its ugly head.

I'm counting on you!

I'm going to take on my most challenging behavior. My own negative speech. That will change my involvement with the forum.

The solution to your problem sky....is more simple then you think.

You know how you wish to be treated and spoken to....... give others the same respect and treatment YOU desire.

Forum List

Back