Aspirations

I paraphrased your words.

This is not you "paraphrasing" Paraphrasing does not change the intent of the words or meanings. .....

This is YOU LYING about what i think and mean.

She's pro causing a world of hurt to protestors, and against the right to assemble.

The intent in your posts was clear.

correct... if you read what i say...and not what you think you are reading...then the intent of my words is very clear.

It was in favor of violence toward the protestors, no matter what age they are, (since most old women are hippies).

It is intended to say... if you put yourself in a position of a possible police action... you get what you get.

The "I don't care if they set themselves on fire" was a dig to me and you know it. It was flaming. I've discussed self-immolation as a protest by Buddhist monks in Vietnam and Tibet.

I've also discussed suicide in my family, (my dad) and my own struggles with depression.

Your intention was not neutral or positive.
You aren't honest enough to cop to your aggression.

Again.. you assume my intent. Saying it was my intention.... is a lie.

I have zero issues with anyone setting them selves on fire...if that is what they want to do. I guess you could say it as ... on less idiot in the world.

Last edited:

I like it to.... but that is not my point.

I know what your point is. If someone else perceives my avie as an aggressive act, too bad for them.

I disagree. I am not interested in deliberately causing harm to others.

I someone does not like your avi sky... them not liking it is not "harming" them.

It is if they perceive the avie as an aggressive act designed to shove my sexuality in their face in order to hurt them.

I do not do that in RL, why would I do it here?

Last edited:
I know what your point is. If someone else perceives my avie as an aggressive act, too bad for them.

I disagree. I am not interested in deliberately causing harm to others.

I someone does not like your avi sky... them not liking it is not "harming" them.

It is if they perceive the avie as an aggressive act designed to shove my sexuality in their face in order to hurt them.

What they perceive..and what you intend are different things then sky. You can't control what others perceive...or how they interrupt your intentions or meanings.

What they perceive..and what you intend are different things then sky. You can't control what others perceive...or how they interrupt your intentions or meanings.

That's where we differ. If I am to be completely honest, I did want to shove my sexuality into the face of homophobic bigots.

That's on me, not on them.

Last edited:

That's where we differ. If I am to be completely honest, I did want to shove my sexuality into the face of homophobic bigots.

Noble of you sky.

But i am a bit confused. It is not alright to shove your sexuality onto others... but it is alright to shove feelings, thoughts, words, motivations and actions onto others?

Noble of you sky.

But i am a bit confused. It is not alright to shove your sexuality onto others... but it is alright to shove feelings, thoughts, words, motivations and actions onto others?
Let's see if I get your question right. You don't think I SHOULD shove my feelings, thoughts,motivations, actions or words onto others? If someone asks my opinion, I can answer, but otherwise, I should be silent? I should hold back my honest response to a post unless directly asked to comment?

What manner of self-expression are you ok with? Are you saying it would be best if I didn't post at all?

You may be right. From a Buddhist perspective, this is ALL "idle chat".

That's a much more ambitious practice than I intended, but I will consider it. You guys are a real riot. I've already agreed to no longer post on the topic of homosexuality or Christianity, or any of FF's posts, and I have removed my "offensive" avatars.

What's your request?

Please note that I am asking these questions because I don't know the answers. I have no idea what your point is. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Noble of you sky.

Let's see if I get your question right. You don't think I SHOULD shove my feelings, thoughts,motivations, actions or words onto others? If someone asks my opinion, I can answer, but otherwise, I should be silent? I should hold back my honest response to a post unless directly asked to comment?

What manner of self-expression are you ok with? Are you saying it would be best if I didn't post at all?

You may be right. From a Buddhist perspective, this is ALL "idle chat".

That's a much more ambitious practice than I intended, but I will consider it. You guys are a real riot. I've already agreed to no longer post on the topic of homosexuality or Christianity, or any of FF's posts, and I have removed my "offensive" avatars.

What's your request?

Please note that I am asking these questions because I don't know the answers. I have no idea what your point is. I don't get it.

It is more of an observation of you sky...not a question per se.

You seem to not want to shove your sexuality down others throats in terms of your old avi and because of the comments you got for it. Noble of you to change it... ( i don't think you should care what others think about your avi. If you like it use it.)

however..

You do seem to feel it is just fine to lie about what other people think, feel, say and do. You feel it is alright to assume what motivates others....and state said lies as fact.

Not so noble of you sky.

its a go figure thing sky. Its picking your vice.

Sating your opinion is one thing... but when you state other people opinions that are not true, makes you a liar.

I don't think anyone cares if you post about chirstianity or homosexuality or not, sky. So you "agreeing" to "not posting" about it is rather ....well....interesting.

My request? Well my request would be you take heed of your own words. You do it all the time to just about everyone you post with.

The idea that you know me, and my opinion, better than I know it myself, is a putdown. To say someone doesn't know their own mind is degrading. That may not have been your intention, but there you have it.

Forum List

Back