Asian-American Student Has Near-Perfect 1590 out of 1600 SAT Score and a 4.65 GPA, Gets Ugly Shock After Applications to Elite Universities

The service academies are just a sliver of higher education

So is Harvard.

So let's talk about what this is REALLY about.

Graduates of the Service Academies are far more likely to become Generals and Admirals than people who got commissions through ROTC or OCS. That's why we have them at all, and pay $400,000 for creating a single O-1 when we could just as easily spend $50,000 through ROTC. (Incidentally, my experience was that the only officers who were worth a shit when through OCS).

For some reason, Harvard and Yale have an outsized influence in our government, corporate and legal hierarchies. Maybe they shouldn't, but they do. That being the case, then we need to make sure they are diverse and represent America.

Lisa and Hector will get on here and whine all day about the black kid who had a slightly lower SAT Score (But still better than either of them) but have no problem with the white legacy who had a slightly lower SAT score. Why? Because they insanely hate black people.

What's your excuse?

So is Harvard.

So let's talk about what this is REALLY about.

Graduates of the Service Academies are far more likely to become Generals and Admirals than people who got commissions through ROTC or OCS. That's why we have them at all, and pay $400,000 for creating a single O-1 when we could just as easily spend $50,000 through ROTC. (Incidentally, my experience was that the only officers who were worth a shit when through OCS).

For some reason, Harvard and Yale have an outsized influence in our government, corporate and legal hierarchies. Maybe they shouldn't, but they do. That being the case, then we need to make sure they are diverse and represent America.

Lisa and Hector will get on here and whine all day about the black kid who had a slightly lower SAT Score (But still better than either of them) but have no problem with the white legacy who had a slightly lower SAT score. Why? Because they insanely hate black people.

What's your excuse?
Senators can nominate a student for a service academy but that does not mean they will be accepted

Standards are high and the admission rate is less than 15%

Also service academies minority numbers are actually higher than other elite universities

But instead of attacking everyone who you suspect of disagreeing with you why not ask them if the are willing to end senatorial appointments and legacy admissions?

I have no problem with doing that along with no more affirmative action

Lets have a completely merit based admissions based on a national test the way they have in Japan and South Korea

Senators can nominate a student for a service academy but that does not mean they will be accepted

Also service academies minority numbers are actually higher than other elite universities

Yes, they do. And guess what, it isn't the fucking end of the world because those minorities had slightly lower scores than their white or Asian counterparts. AMAZING. We can have both merit AND diversity.

But instead of attacking everyone who you suspect of disagreeing with you why not ask them if the are willing to end senatorial appointments and legacy admissions?

Lets have a completely merit based admissions based on a national test the way they have in Japan and South Korea
Japan and South Korea are monocultures...
We have much more complicated dynamics.

Seems to me that you are awfully keen to screw over black people, and even if that means screwing over a few white people in the process.

Kind of makes me wonder why.

Yes, they do. And guess what, it isn't the fucking end of the world because those minorities had slightly lower scores than their white or Asian counterparts. AMAZING. We can have both merit AND diversity.

Japan and South Korea are monocultures...
We have much more complicated dynamics.

Seems to me that you are awfully keen to screw over black people, and even if that means screwing over a few white people in the process.

Kind of makes me wonder why.
Its not good when less qualified minorities - aka black students - are accepted over more qualified whites and asians

As for your accusation that I want to “screw over” black people its bullshit

I just want see the best students accepted first

Its not good when less qualified minorities - aka black students - are accepted over more qualified whites and asians
Sure it is.
As for your accusation that I want to “screw over” black people its bullshit

I just want see the best students accepted first
As long as they aren't black. We get it.

What I find hilarious is that a bunch of people who never, ever would have even been accepted to Yale or Harvard in their deepest wet dreams, are terribly upset about who gets into Yale or Harvard.

Me? I'm perfectly happy to have had the opportunity to have graduated from a state university when that used to be affordable. I don't feel any swelling of pride that a fellow white person got into Harvard over a slightly less qualified black. That same fucking douchebag is still going to get a management position with his MBA where he plots how many people like he me can downsize to get a bonus. So kind of fuck that guy, really.

Because Joey thinks that black people aren't smart enough to get into good schools based on merit.

Because Joey thinks that black people aren't smart enough to get into good schools based on merit.
He will cover that up ny babbling about slavery and jim crow as the reason so many blacks are academically inferior today

Liar

Some of them will be black and thats OK with me as long as they earned it

Okay, so who earned it more.

The black kid who got a 1500 on his SAT despite going to an underfunded school with out of date textbooks because the district needed that money for metal detectors.

The White kid who got a 1400 on his SAT, but his dad is a legacy and his family spent boo-koo bucks on a

Or the Asian kid who got a 1550 because his Tiger Mom wouldn't let him have dinner unless he brought home an A+

You could make a good argument for the Asian kid, although Tiger Mom did most of the work and he's likely to crash and burn when he gets there. I'd make an equally good argument for the black kid.

He will cover that up ny babbling about slavery and jim crow as the reason so many blacks are academically inferior today
Well, that and all the continued discrimination they face.

Okay, so who earned it more.

The black kid who got a 1500 on his SAT despite going to an underfunded school with out of date textbooks because the district needed that money for metal detectors.

The White kid who got a 1400 on his SAT, but his dad is a legacy and his family spent boo-koo bucks on a

Or the Asian kid who got a 1550 because his Tiger Mom wouldn't let him have dinner unless he brought home an A+

You could make a good argument for the Asian kid, although Tiger Mom did most of the work and he's likely to crash and burn when he gets there. I'd make an equally good argument for the black kid.

Well, that and all the continued discrimination they face.
Ignorant, racist bullshit from a brainless bigot with NO idea what he's talking about ^^^^^^^^.

Forum List

Back