As the mid east is shifts alternative energy is critical

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Now that the mid east appears to be shifting its political moorings Oil will become very expensive.

Alternatives become VERY important, good thing Obama got us started working on them already.

Last edited:
Now that the mid east appears to be shifting its political moorings Oil will become very expensive.

Alternatives become VERY important, good thing Obama got us started working on them already.

Crap I screwed up the title.

Oh well you know what I mean.

1. Our future is in ‘green energy’? “Presidents all the way back to Richard Nixon -- whose "Project Independence" promised to make America independent from foreign oil by 1980 -- were thwarted by short attention spans, other urgent problems and gyrations in the energy market.” After some 30 years and billions of dollars poured into alternative technologies, renewable energy now accounts for a mere 6.7% of our total.
A Past President's Advice to Obama: Act With Haste - WSJ.com

Based on US Department of Energy, sources of energy used in the US:
39.2% petroleum, 23.3% natural gas, 22.4% coal, 8.3% nuclear, 3.6% biomass, 2.4% hydroelectric, 0.35% geothermal, 0.31% wind, 0.08% solar.

2. If green energy is as good, cheap, and clean as supporters say, why haven’t market forces should make it an increasing part of the energy picture…? Politics: rather than the promotion of new sources of energy, the movement has been hijacked by those whose main motivation is the devolution of America, or to accomplish government ownership and control of our energy supply. Sometimes called the “Watermelon Effect,” it is made up of the ‘green’ pro-environment policies on the outside, hiding the red Marxist redistributive policies on the inside.
BTW, we imported just over a third of our oil in 1981, and now 70%.

Green math: solar panels to save 50% on your electric bills? Well, if the average electric bill is about $100/mos, the savings is $600/ year! But solar costs 30-40 K, so it takes about 58 years to start saving money. But…solar panels are projected to last 20-30 years. So, savings? Not so much.

Edit and "Go Advanced" and you can fix the title.

I'm betting that this gets the attention of those on the right who have stood against green and alternative energy.

I'm betting that this gets the attention of those on the right who have stood against green and alternative energy.

What grabs my attention is the absurdity of green or alt energy as the main source of our energy. I would have figured that you were smart enough to know that also.

• Banned
It will increasingly become more important.

With that comes more research and better alternatives.

How can something that costs a thousand times more than oil become affordable, further the alternatives are failures, the alternative is not providing any necessary power.

A fallacy and a huge failure of Obama's, on an economic level for the citizens Obama represents.

On the other hand, General Electric who Obama is specifically passing laws in favor of will reward Obama with speeches once Obama leaves office.

Look at Spain if truth matters to you, 28% unemployment, no housing market crash, not reliant on our housing industry, 28% unemployment due to switching to Alternative energy.

Hell, you should go read some of the threads in Energy, your a 100% wrong with your premise of this thread.

Thanks , for some reason it didnt work on the title

1. Our future is in ‘green energy’? “Presidents all the way back to Richard Nixon -- whose "Project Independence" promised to make America independent from foreign oil by 1980 -- were thwarted by short attention spans, other urgent problems and gyrations in the energy market.” After some 30 years and billions of dollars poured into alternative technologies, renewable energy now accounts for a mere 6.7% of our total.
A Past President's Advice to Obama: Act With Haste - WSJ.com

Based on US Department of Energy, sources of energy used in the US:
39.2% petroleum, 23.3% natural gas, 22.4% coal, 8.3% nuclear, 3.6% biomass, 2.4% hydroelectric, 0.35% geothermal, 0.31% wind, 0.08% solar.

2. If green energy is as good, cheap, and clean as supporters say, why haven’t market forces should make it an increasing part of the energy picture…? Politics: rather than the promotion of new sources of energy, the movement has been hijacked by those whose main motivation is the devolution of America, or to accomplish government ownership and control of our energy supply. Sometimes called the “Watermelon Effect,” it is made up of the ‘green’ pro-environment policies on the outside, hiding the red Marxist redistributive policies on the inside.
BTW, we imported just over a third of our oil in 1981, and now 70%.

Green math: solar panels to save 50% on your electric bills? Well, if the average electric bill is about $100/mos, the savings is $600/ year! But solar costs 30-40 K, so it takes about 58 years to start saving money. But…solar panels are projected to last 20-30 years. So, savings? Not so much.

Those are the figures for installed capacity, not energy delivered.

A more important figure would be what percentage of energy can alternative energy provide during an emergency, that figure is ZERO.

There is a guarantee that an emergency will arise on a cloudy, windless day, what then, as we increase our reliance on Alternative energy we also decrease our ability to produce power when needed.

An increase in Alternative Energy is a decrease in Economic and National Security.

About mdn2000
Biography
take no shit conservative
Interests
truth
Occupation
energy

Does someone pay you to say such silly things?

The only stable energy that is capable of meeting our needs is nuclear.

But Obama stupidly ignores it as an option

About mdn2000
Biography
take no shit conservative
Interests
truth
Occupation
energy

Does someone pay you to say such silly things?
picture.php

Forum List

Back