As Texas deep freeze subsides, some households now face electricity bills as high as $10,000

ERCOT is the one to blame seeing they are in charge of the grid...
Corporations are going to do whatever they can get away with. They are not guided by morality or ethics or doing the right thing. That's what elected officials are responsible for - holding corporations accountable, and regulating their actions.

Texas Republicans run the state. They are responsible.

This has been an issue most likely longer than you have been alive and I promise you it would not matter if Democrats or Republicans were in charge down here because money buys them all!
You can shove your whatabout up your ass. Republicans are responsible for this catastrophe. no one else, despite your fever dreams.

Really?

In 1989 another type of storm hit Texas and from then until now nothing was done you worthless fuck and Texas had a Democrat Governor between then and now, so why didn’t she order a fix back in the early 1990’s?

So let be clear you wannabe communist the fact is no one in Texas will do shit but talk shit and your twat ass does not know a damn thing about anything while keeping a picture of a bitch for your avatar that is using the deaths of people to further her communist career that will end badly for her because she just like you do not care about facts but just care about political spin!

Oh, and also you also are wrong Texas can get energy from Mexico and the East Coast but only in a limited amount but opted not to do so, and yet assholes like you never mentioned that because then you couldn’t go with Texas is it own grid when in fact it is it own grid but has deals with the Eastern Part of the U.S. and Mexico to draw emergency energy if needed but opted not to do it, and now that is the real scandal there!

"Texas residents are taking to social media with screenshots of the massive electric bills they're racking up in the aftermath of an unusual, days-long coldspell, with some Texans reportedly facing bills as high as $17,000–even before the billing period has ended [MANY ARE URGING CUSTOMERS TO TURN OFF AUTO-PAY].

In anticipation of the surge pricing, Griddy, an electric company that provides the variable-rate plans affected by the increase, urged its nearly 30,000 customers last Saturday to switch energy providers if they couldn't afford increased energy rates. Texas is the only state in the nation that operates its own electrical grid, and because key operations are confined within state lines, ERCOT effectively operates without direct federal oversight (thanks to the Federal Power Act signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1935)."

In yet another episode of libertarian fantasy land; we see tons of Texas consumers thrilled with the lack of regulations showing up in their energy bill in the form of low low prices and savings -- just kidding...Texans are pissed; so pissed that even the governor of Texas is talking about offering financial relief [AKA government handouts to a bunch of moochers] to help Texas residents with the price surge in their electric bill -- I recall on a previous post I made about how a Texas mayor told these Texas residents they should suck it up because energy companies don't owe them shit.....but that mayor left out the part about how much Texans are having to "owe" these energy companies.

See, in Texas; price gouging on this scale is perfectly legal because there is no federal regulation on pricing -- there are many many Texas residents who have had their entire bank accounts zapped because of these high energy price hikes -- and as tempting as it may be; you can't blame it on AOC, or Bill Gates or that little Greta girl with the pony-tails -- but of course we can blame them anyway....makes us feel better....

In a related sports news angle -- Jerry Jones is making a killing right now since he owns a natural gas company....and with all of that profit; he is still not signing Dak Prescott to a new deal? WTF!

The electrical grid is one of the most heavily regulated sectors of the economy....Miles away from a "free market".

strawmanBurn.jpg

The electrical grid is one of the most heavily regulated sectors of the economy....Miles away from a "free market".

View attachment 460361
Texas has no federal regulation on both its power grid and on price controls..........but I expect you morons to skip that point...

Are you upset that your electric bill didn't get a 9000% price jump? Do you envy all of that Texas free market freedom?

View attachment 460361
Texas has no federal regulation on both its power grid and on price controls..........but I expect you morons to skip that point...

Are you upset that your electric bill didn't get a 9000% price jump? Do you envy all of that Texas free market freedom?
America is falling apart under Biden.

"Texas residents are taking to social media with screenshots of the massive electric bills they're racking up in the aftermath of an unusual, days-long coldspell, with some Texans reportedly facing bills as high as $17,000–even before the billing period has ended [MANY ARE URGING CUSTOMERS TO TURN OFF AUTO-PAY].

In anticipation of the surge pricing, Griddy, an electric company that provides the variable-rate plans affected by the increase, urged its nearly 30,000 customers last Saturday to switch energy providers if they couldn't afford increased energy rates. Texas is the only state in the nation that operates its own electrical grid, and because key operations are confined within state lines, ERCOT effectively operates without direct federal oversight (thanks to the Federal Power Act signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1935)."

In yet another episode of libertarian fantasy land; we see tons of Texas consumers thrilled with the lack of regulations showing up in their energy bill in the form of low low prices and savings -- just kidding...Texans are pissed; so pissed that even the governor of Texas is talking about offering financial relief [AKA government handouts to a bunch of moochers] to help Texas residents with the price surge in their electric bill -- I recall on a previous post I made about how a Texas mayor told these Texas residents they should suck it up because energy companies don't owe them shit.....but that mayor left out the part about how much Texans are having to "owe" these energy companies.

See, in Texas; price gouging on this scale is perfectly legal because there is no federal regulation on pricing -- there are many many Texas residents who have had their entire bank accounts zapped because of these high energy price hikes -- and as tempting as it may be; you can't blame it on AOC, or Bill Gates or that little Greta girl with the pony-tails -- but of course we can blame them anyway....makes us feel better....

In a related sports news angle -- Jerry Jones is making a killing right now since he owns a natural gas company....and with all of that profit; he is still not signing Dak Prescott to a new deal? WTF!

Eu1dJHDVIAICHRG.jpg

Most of the contracts I researched had a cap on the amount the provider could charge. So I think most of those are going to be software/billing glitches.

It was a tough few days, but honestly living though a major hurricane in Houston is much worse.

They didn't use any electricity. My guess is that most Texans will get a refund on their bill. Maybe the incredible bills pertain to the cost of getting the wind turbines going after they screeched to a halt during the ice storm. Where's Joe Biden?

View attachment 460361

The grid is heavily regulated state by state.....That Texas regulates differently doesn't make a defacto monopoly a "free market".

View attachment 460362
DiedWeakMemesn.jpg

Most of the contracts I researched had a cap on the amount the provider could charge. So I think most of those are going to be software/billing glitches.

It was a tough few days, but honestly living though a major hurricane in Houston is much worse.
No, no software glitches....

Texas Congress aren't holding emergency sessions over software glitches

No, no software glitches....

Texas Congress aren't holding emergency sessions over software glitches

Like I said it was based on the contracts I saw. I can't Imagine signing up for an open top end like that. But I'm not surprised by the Texas GOP for allowing such contracts, they don't care about people, never have.

Forum List

Back