As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

This is true. We hear about gun violence once a month, if we are lucky. Sometimes there is a spate of drive by shootings, very rarely is someone harmed or killed, though.

260 homicides in Australia in 2010 apparently.

Were they gun related? My guess is no.

13% firearms, 39% knives, 8% blunt instrument; 0% physical force; 40% "unknown" (could be anything)

Firearms are also used in 18% of armed robberies.

Can't detail everything.

But gun laws or not, it's perfectly average for a few dozen people to be killed by firearms in Australia every year. And clearly if somebody in Australia gets it into his/her head to go on a shooting spree, this is perfectly possible.

Not through lack of trying, but no, it is a very rare event..

This is true. We hear about gun violence once a month, if we are lucky. Sometimes there is a spate of drive by shootings, very rarely is someone harmed or killed, though.

If that is true, then 1 person was murdered for every 84,000 Australians. 14, 748 Americans were murdered making it 1 for every 21,000 Americans.

Word is Democrats were planning on taking advantage of the release of this movie, using the villain's name "Bane" against Mitt Romney.

Rotten Tomatoes received so many nasty comments on their site under the review of the movie that they had to shut it down.

The movie is about Batman's conflict over becoming Batman again. Bane shows up takes control of the League of Shadows and starts killing people and sets off a chain of explosions. Then he grabs a bunch of Rich people and puts them on trial after dragged them from their homes. Gotham regresses into anarchy and the city is sealed off from the rest of the world. Batman supposedly is killed in the battle with Bane and his possessions divided up. Batman isn't dead. He and cat woman skip out on Gotham and retire to France.

Most OWS folks would call this a great movie with a happy ending.

I'm sure the left will take full advantage of the massacre in Colorado just like they did the Columbine massacre.

And therein lies the problem.

It's not a problem
It's out of the question. PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some Americans have told me that if guns were banned in the US, they would riot.

This seems like an overreaction to me, so I hope it isn't true.

A complete ban would be unconstitutional.

Fully automatic weapons are banned however (which doesn't stop people from killing others with fully automated weapons of course).

Looks like Big Sis Napolitano will have a excuse to put TSA screening machines in at movie theaters now.

Would this have happened if guns were banned in the US?

If guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns...so, yes.

A better question for me, is why the f isn't it easier for people to carry guns? All these nutjobs wouldn't pull this mass casualty crap if they knew they were gonna get popped.

Yeah right, shoot the guy in costume at a Batman movie! Sometimes you just don't think, do you? What's the second guy to pull his piece to think about the first to pull his? If you think the death toll is high now, think what would happened when people started opening up on the "shooter" in a dark theater? Sounds like a circular firing squad to me.

It's not a problem
It's out of the question. PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some Americans have told me that if guns were banned in the US, they would riot.

Riot? There will be a lot of dead cops who try and come and round up guns.

A lot of people in prison for murder, too. Is a murder rap more important than handing over a gun?

13% firearms, 39% knives, 8% blunt instrument; 0% physical force; 40% "unknown" (could be anything)

Can't detail everything.

But gun laws or not, it's perfectly average for a few dozen people to be killed by firearms in Australia every year. And clearly if somebody in Australia gets it into his/her head to go on a shooting spree, this is perfectly possible.

But the actual chances of it happening are neglible compared to the US...

Word is Democrats were planning on taking advantage of the release of this movie, using the villain's name "Bane" against Mitt Romney.

Rotten Tomatoes received so many nasty comments on their site under the review of the movie that they had to shut it down.

The movie is about Batman's conflict over becoming Batman again. Bane shows up takes control of the League of Shadows and starts killing people and sets off a chain of explosions. Then he grabs a bunch of Rich people and puts them on trial after dragged them from their homes. Gotham regresses into anarchy and the city is sealed off from the rest of the world. Batman supposedly is killed in the battle with Bane and his possessions divided up. Batman isn't dead. He and cat woman skip out on Gotham and retire to France.

Most OWS folks would call this a great movie with a happy ending.

I'm sure the left will take full advantage of the massacre in Colorado just like they did the Columbine massacre.

There it is ladies and gentleman, some filthy scumbag that had to spin a massacre into a political bashing moment, and of course it's from a teabagger piece of shit.

Nice work asshole.

Riot? There will be a lot of dead cops who try and come and round up guns.

A lot of people in prison for murder, too. Is a murder rap more important than handing over a gun?

We had a war over this very thing back in 1776, try it again.

I won't deny that guns have killed Australians, but the point I made originally was that there have been no mass shootings since 1996.

You cannot stop gun violence entirely, but you can make it harder to get your hands on a gun.

Who do you think has stricter gun laws, the US or Mexico? And where are more people massacred?

I am not altogether familiar with gun crime in Mexico - the only gun crime we hear about over here is mostly in the US, as this is what is mostly reported, sorry!

That's because Mexico doesn't have a media that loves showing how screwed up their country is.

Mexico has had hundreds of multiple shootings in drug wars along the border this year. The death toll is close to that of the Iraq War. Heads being cut off and put on a spike. It's a mess.

Can't detail everything.

But the actual chances of it happening are neglible compared to the US...

Yes, I'm sure they felt the same way in Norway.

I don't wish such a tragedy on any country, but the idea that it can't happen because of some law is - well, really stupid.

We had a war over this very thing back in 1776, try it again.

I wonder why Australians didn't riot? Maybe we are more civilised and accepting of the laws?

Did Australians fight for their INDEPENDENCE from a tyrant? Or are they still subjects to the crown?

As for why Australians allowing it I don't nor do I give a shit.

Forum List

Back