Artists hold Confederate flag burnings in 13 Southern states

Basically it is the extension of "we don't want no Yankees [that is everybody the necks don't like] coming down here and telling us how and what to do." Most Southerners abhor the racial past of the South, and by 2030 all Confederate soldier statues on public land will be taken down.

The Rabbi, the South is very easy to understand. The ignorance of some is hard to stand.

Correll, quit blabbing, address the points, or lose the debate. In fact, you already have managed that.

Evening Shade is a fine example, a better one than Dukes.

Your redneck racism will not win the point at all.

How, you asshole, is Evening Shade a "better example" than the Dukes of Hazzard?

And btw, repeatedly stating that you are winning the argument, does not mean you are winning the argument.
Losing your temper, son, reveals how silly is your argument. The characters in ES are decent individuals locally, regionally, and nationally. DoH is a fun hillbilly butt kicker series, but it is not indicative of a whole region at all.

I'm not losing my temper. YOu called me an asshole, so I called you an asshole back.

Or do you think that you have some right to call me names, and still expect civility back?

ES might have been a wonderful show with decent individuals.

But you have willfully missed my point about the DoH, despite me repeating it over and over again.

The DUkes presented the viewpoint of the Confederate Flag being a harmless symbol of SOuthern Pride.

The main characters were proud Southerns who were presented from the Opening Theme songs as "Good".

THe fact that a show with the main characters as "Good" guys and Confederate Flag wavers, could be made, AND accepted by the nation wide viewing audience WITHOUT A PEEP about slavery and treason or any of the other drama queen hysteria shown is this thread PROVES that as recently as 1985 MY view, ie "harmless symbol of regional pride" was the National Consensus.

I have searched for someone claiming about the use of the Flag in the show, back then, so that I could show how small or few such complaints were, but I have not been able to find ANY evidence of ANYONE complaining.

Basically it is the extension of "we don't want no Yankees [that is everybody the necks don't like] coming down here and telling us how and what to do." Most Southerners abhor the racial past of the South, and by 2030 all Confederate soldier statues on public land will be taken down.

The Rabbi, the South is very easy to understand. The ignorance of some is hard to stand.

Most southerns are so sick of hearing about the "Racial Pas"t, that they want anyone who has an issue with them about the distant past to STFU.

Correll, quit blabbing, address the points, or lose the debate. In fact, you already have managed that.

How, you asshole, is Evening Shade a "better example" than the Dukes of Hazzard?

And btw, repeatedly stating that you are winning the argument, does not mean you are winning the argument.
Losing your temper, son, reveals how silly is your argument. The characters in ES are decent individuals locally, regionally, and nationally. DoH is a fun hillbilly butt kicker series, but it is not indicative of a whole region at all.

I'm not losing my temper. YOu called me an asshole, so I called you an asshole back.

Or do you think that you have some right to call me names, and still expect civility back?

But you have willfully missed my point about the DoH, despite me repeating it over and over again.

The DUkes presented the viewpoint of the Confederate Flag being a harmless symbol of SOuthern Pride.

The main characters were proud Southerns who were presented from the Opening Theme songs as "Good".

THe fact that a show with the main characters as "Good" guys and Confederate Flag wavers, could be made, AND accepted by the nation wide viewing audience WITHOUT A PEEP about slavery and treason or any of the other drama queen hysteria shown is this thread PROVES that as recently as 1985 MY view, ie "harmless symbol of regional pride" was the National Consensus.

I have searched for someone claiming about the use of the Flag in the show, back then, so that I could show how small or few such complaints were, but I have not been able to find ANY evidence of ANYONE complaining.
Yes, the Dukes presented a view discordant with history.

The battle flag is a flag of slavery and racism, not bravery and courage, although the southern soldier certainly had that in full. And so did the Nazis.

Civilized human beings simply do not honor either flag.

:lol: You simply can't take what you dish out. Go back and see who started it, and we know I will be here when it's over. You want to act smarmy or cute, then cry when you are treated accordingly. You need to grow up.

Most southerns are so sick of hearing about the "Racial Pas"t, that they want anyone who has an issue with them about the distant past to STFU.
No, only a very few sick-headed fools defend it.

Yes, the Dukes presented a view discordant with history.

The battle flag is a flag of slavery and racism, not bravery and courage, although the southern soldier certainly had that in full. And so did the Nazis.

Civilized human beings simply do not honor either flag.

:lol: You simply can't take what you dish out. Go back and see who started it, and we know I will be here when it's over. You want to act smarmy or cute, then cry when you are treated accordingly. You need to grow up.

You did not address my point.

This has gone on long enough. I try to make allowances for the fact that many people have emotional blinders that lower their reading comprehension.

BUt you are purposefully being evasive now.

And being a rude asshole while you are doing it.

I can take anything you can dish out asshole. You started it, so fuck off and die.

THe Flag is a harmless symbol of regional pride and has been since the end of the Civil War.

It is those who are making a mountain out of this mole hill who are the assholes.

The nation wide success of the Dukes shows that this view of the Flag was the national consensus as late as 1985.

THis "issue" is a recent invention by assholes.

No, only a very few sick-headed fools defend it.

That is your opinion, which you have done nothing to defend, and have avoided addressing my serious attempts to explain and defend my opposing opinion.

You are the sick fool.

My opinion has been well defended, much better than you have yours. You are entitled to honor the sickness of the Confederacy. Most southerners by a larger number do not.

You can be polite or you can be smarmy, and I can deal with either. Best to you.

My opinion has been well defended, much better than you have yours. You are entitled to honor the sickness of the Confederacy. Most southerners by a larger number do not.

You can be polite or you can be smarmy, and I can deal with either. Best to you.

I always try to treat people the way they treat me, and you have been rude as fuck, so....

You have also been dishonest, as you are being when you claim you have defended your position better than I have.

Hell, your most recent attempt showed primarily that you failed to grasp my point about The Dukes proving a recent national consensus on the Flag as a harmless symbol of regional pride, despite my repeating it over and over again.

YOu are being willfully obtuse.

Probably because you have no rebuttal for my argument.

You have projected your failings on me well.

I will treat you as you deserve as always.

You can apologize and be polite. Or we can continue. Do not cry when you can't take what you dish out.

You have projected your failings on me well.

I will treat you as you deserve as always.

You can apologize and be polite. Or we can continue. Do not cry when you can't take what you dish out.

And, I'm still not crying, just returning your rudeness. You started it. Dick.

And I'm up for continuing.

You planning to address my point anytime soon? Or you sticking with deflections and avoidance as a tactic?

Hell, your most recent attempt showed primarily that you failed to grasp my point about The Dukes proving a recent national consensus on the Flag as a harmless symbol of regional pride, despite my repeating it over and over again.

Pride in the Confederacy is hatred of the USA.

Pride in the Confederacy is regional pride of heritage.
Half the country is not regional.

The South is not half the country. It is a region within the country.
The country was split in half during the war. You might want to pick up a book and a map.

The country has grown a lot since then.

The SOuth is a geographical and cultural region. What is the point you are trying to make?

The point is, Correll, is that your love for the Confederate South is not shared by the great majority of the South because of it's racist past.

If you don't like being handled roughly, try being polite, or you will keep being schooled.

The point is, Correll, is that your love for the Confederate South is not shared by the great majority of the South because of it's racist past.

If you don't like being handled roughly, try being polite, or you will keep being schooled.

You planning to address my point anytime soon? Or you sticking with deflections and avoidance as a tactic?

You have made no point that the South generally supports your version of Southern pride. It does not.

You are being a willful liar.

You have made no point that the South generally supports your version of Southern pride. It does not.

You are being a willful liar.

NOthing I have said requires that a majority of the South agrees with me.

You have made no addressable points, just silly nonevidenced assertions.

Now this "Nothing I have said requires that a majority of the South agrees with me." is admission of my point and that you are now shifting the argument.

Forum List

Back