Scientists identify exoplanets where life could develop as it did on Earth

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
How long before extraterrestrial life is found?

Scientists have identified a group of planets outside our solar system where the same chemical conditions that may have led to life on Earth exist.

The researchers, from the University of Cambridge and the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology (MRC LMB), found that the chances for life to develop on the surface of a rocky planet like Earth are connected to the type and strength of light given off by its host star.

Their study, published in the journal Science Advances, proposes that stars which give off sufficient ultraviolet (UV) light could kick-start life on their orbiting planets in the same way it likely developed on Earth, where the UV light powers a series of chemical reactions that produce the building blocks of life.

Read more at: Scientists identify exoplanets where life could develop as it did on Earth

I would love to meet my alien doppelganger someday.

Literally hundreds of UFO here on Earth every year

If you were them, you would probably hide from us as well.

It's either that or be forced by Leftists into their universal health care programs.

I know life evolved on Pluto and they developed inter planetary travel and came to earth. They walk among us now. We call them Democrats.

I don’t think you would. I’m watching how the world ends. They’re saying most likely any alien capable of coming here would take us over.

Could you imagine if they just took over a continent like Africa or Australia. They’d be like hey sorry. At least we didn’t take over the entire planet.

I don’t think you would. I’m watching how the world ends. They’re saying most likely any alien capable of coming here would take us over.

Could you imagine if they just took over a continent like Africa or Australia. They’d be like hey sorry. At least we didn’t take over the entire planet.

I'd like to believe that an advanced alien civilization wouldn't come here to conquer us. I'd like to see them come her to 'serve man'.

MV5BODFiYzA1MTktMDY5Ni00Y2YxLTg3OTAtZDE3YzM2NTZiOWI0L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

How long before extraterrestrial life is found?

Scientists have identified a group of planets outside our solar system where the same chemical conditions that may have led to life on Earth exist.

The researchers, from the University of Cambridge and the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology (MRC LMB), found that the chances for life to develop on the surface of a rocky planet like Earth are connected to the type and strength of light given off by its host star.

Their study, published in the journal Science Advances, proposes that stars which give off sufficient ultraviolet (UV) light could kick-start life on their orbiting planets in the same way it likely developed on Earth, where the UV light powers a series of chemical reactions that produce the building blocks of life.

Read more at: Scientists identify exoplanets where life could develop as it did on Earth
I never get to excited about these claims. There are so many variables involved that made life on earth possible I would be amazed if we find anything more complicated than bacteria certainly not sentient life.

Forum List

Back