Arrrrrrrrrggh!

Wait times at some Canadian heath care offices can be very bad. I read (I don't believe the author really was serious) that in canada you have to wait 10 months for Obstetric care.

The only way to deal with the SSA is on line, on the phone, or make an appointment. If you simply show up at one of the offices then you can almost always expect an hour or longer wait.

Online works REALLY well for the average retiring Joe but sometimes it's complicated and you really need a face to face. Appointments can be 2 to 3 weeks out and it seems like the more you need your money NOW, the more complicated it is. Plan if you can.

...And to think that some want to bring this stellar level of customer service and efficiency to the field of medical care.

I can say I'm glad that my Social Security and IRS records are under the care and protection of my United States Government...... Can you imagine what you could sell those data bases for? EVERYONE'S work and earnings records for life? That's a Marketing Department wet dream!

Medical records are different, they SHOULD be in the hands of private bureaucracies with unknown owners and unscreened employees.
:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back