Army Vet Banned From Old Navy Store In Florida

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
It appears this store manager and security guard both need a lesson in US law regarding military uniforms and insignia.

American Military News |

Note to self: Don’t try to pass off a fashion statement with a full military dress uniform. One teenaged employee of Old Navy found out the hard way, when an Army soldier called him out on it. Not only is it a disgrace to our military who earned the right to wear the uniform, it is also illegal.

According to Bennett, when he informed the store manager, he was approached by a deputy and mall security, who said he was banned from the store.

I guess I'd like to hear more about how he went about bringing this to the attention of the management before I judge their decision.

What am I supposed to be outraged about? Even if I thought the Stolen Valor Act was constitutional, which I don't, I don't see a problem with someone wearing a uniform when he clearly isn't pretending to be a Marine.

Why the hell would a vet wear a uniform to a fucking store? That's just fucking stupid.

Was it Halloween? Or, just a thought, Veteran's Day, and it was his father's uniform?

By the way, I agree it was stupid for him to wear it to work, just can't get worked up about him being stupid.

Here is the right reaction from the website above: "Austin Williamson: As much as I dislike what happened, I don't blame Old Navy as a company for this. Some asshole store manager made a stupid decision, which reason to protest that particular store and demand his firing. Maybe even protest all stores until he's fired, but I don't think that this will stop me from shopping at Old Navy again in the distant future... Unless they don't actually act on this, then they're basically giving all stores permission to do the same thing, and that's unacceptable."

I find it hard to believe the guy was banned from the store just for pointing out that the uniform shouldn't have been worn the way it was being worn. There has to be more to this story.

I hate to be the one to break the bad news but the Supremes overturned the Stolen Valor Act. The Army Vet was wrong. Anything goes including wearing uniforms, fake decorations and even the Medal of Honor and lying about it. The radical left celebrated the decision.

I hate to be the one to break the bad news but the Supremes overturned the Stolen Valor Act. The Army Vet was wrong. Anything goes including wearing uniforms, fake decorations and even the Medal of Honor and lying about it. The radical left celebrated the decision.

Common sense celebrated that decision.

I find it hard to believe the guy was banned from the store just for pointing out that the uniform shouldn't have been worn the way it was being worn. There has to be more to this story.

That's my suspicion. I'm guessing this vet was a little less than polite when placing his complaint to the other employee and the management.

But it is the far right that is doing almost all the "stolen valor" dressing up.

Common sense celebrated that decision.

I rest my case.

Can I use you as a reference the next time Jake accuses me of being the radical right?

What am I supposed to be outraged about? Even if I thought the Stolen Valor Act was constitutional, which I don't, I don't see a problem with someone wearing a uniform when he clearly isn't pretending to be a Marine.

But wearing the medals is fucking wrong. Fucking wrong.

Not sure if that was a military town or not, but if it was and the news got around to the boys and their families, they could really really hurt that store. No formal protests, no news, just no one going there again.

Oh well. Whatever.

But wearing the medals is fucking wrong. Fucking wrong.

I would object to him wearing medals of valor if he claimed he earned them. On the other hand, the only medal this guy is accused of wearing is the Sharpshooter Badge that is part of every Marine uniform. The story doesn't mention anything else but ribbons, and I have no idea if they were real, or even if they were displayed correctly.

Forum List

Back