Army Vet Banned From Old Navy Store In Florida

What am I supposed to be outraged about? Even if I thought the Stolen Valor Act was constitutional, which I don't, I don't see a problem with someone wearing a uniform when he clearly isn't pretending to be a Marine.

But wearing the medals is fucking wrong. Fucking wrong.

I would object to him wearing medals of valor if he claimed he earned them. On the other hand, the only medal this guy is accused of wearing is the Sharpshooter Badge that is part of every Marine uniform. The story doesn't mention anything else but ribbons, and I have no idea if they were real, or even if they were displayed correctly.

I am sorry. I read the story on my phone and thought he had on medals. It looks like he only had on ribbons, but that is still wrong. I have my ribbons properly mounted on their bars and I would be upset if someone took them and wore dress blues with them on it.

Eh, this kid is an asshole and so is his manager. The kid for being disrespectful to the person who EARNED those ribbons and that manager for not handling the situation better. If the vet got loud or out of hand, then shame on him as well.

But it is the far right that is doing almost all the "stolen valor" dressing up.
I assume that you have some evidence or a link to back up your idiotic statement?? . :cuckoo:

Of course, common sense.

The left "hates" the military so they would not do that.

The far right loves the military, so the wannabee valor heroes would come from that group.

Last edited:
For the record wearing military surplus does not translate to stolen valor unless you are the type of sleaze bag like that guy who the left used to love to photograph at the Vietnam Wall dressed in old fatigues. The idiots in the media loved to see him cry on command and beg for money and he looked so gosh damned typical of the media's idea of the slightly demented Vet but alas nobody ever asked him what branch of the Military he served in. He didn't. The left won the Stolen Valor suit just like they won the right to burn and shit on Old Glory. Anybody think the left wing attitude changed since the 60's and now they respect the Flag and love the Military? They are the same old scum only they lie better than they used to.

So the far right now is picking on an old man and Sunni Man has run away.

Last edited:
Sounds like a steaming pile of dung on all sides of this pile.

Anyway....Old Navy sent us the following statement: “Old Navy has the utmost respect for the military and we're proud of our longstanding tradition of supporting American troops, including our own employees and their family members who serve. We spoke to Mr. Bennett and apologized for any miscommunication that may have occurred while he was shopping at our store. We also reiterated that he and his family are welcome, as always, to shop at any of our stores. We’re truly sorry for any misunderstanding or offense caused by this incident.”

Aaron Bennett, Army Veteran, Banned From Old Navy Store After Uniform Scuffle (VIDEO)

Having an employee wearing a Marine wear a dress blue coat is bad for business in a military town even if your name is Old Navy. I noticed Kim Kardashian is suing Old Navy for using a fake Kim. Now I'm really upset.

Forum List

Back