Army Birther Terrence Lakin In Court After Disobeying Orders

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you

Officials in Hawaii say they have seen and verified Obama's original 1961 birth certificate, which is on record with that state. But birthers have not been satisfied with that assurance or the "Certification of Live Birth" Obama has released, a digital document that is a record of a person's birth in the state but that does not list the name of the hospital where his mother gave birth or the physician who delivered him.

So birther retards are not satisfied with the truth just like I thought.

Officials in Hawaii say they have seen and verified Obama's original 1961 birth certificate, which is on record with that state. But birthers have not been satisfied with that assurance or the "Certification of Live Birth" Obama has released, a digital document that is a record of a person's birth in the state but that does not list the name of the hospital where his mother gave birth or the physician who delivered him.

So birther retards are not satisfied with the truth just like I thought.

You know what they say about retards...takes one to know one.

what an idiot, he will be put in jail for a few years, be dishonorably discharged and lose his military retirement. all of this even though he didnt dispute the actual deployment, just the presidents birth certificate which has been verified by a republican. hahaha.

what an idiot, he will be put in jail for a few years, be dishonorably discharged and lose his military retirement. all of this even though he didnt dispute the actual deployment, just the presidents birth certificate which has been verified by a republican. hahaha.

He might spend some time in jail and be dishonorable discharged, but he'll be just fine in the long run - a permanent cause celebre among the rightwing chattering class, an author of one or two well-selling books with titles like "Stealing America - the untold story of how the muslim took america" and "Ten Things Barak HUSSEIN Obama doesn't want you to know about his evil, lying deceitful past abusing puppies and having gay sex in the back of a van".

lol an "Elections clerk" aahahahahaha. How fucking desperate.

Let him spin his conspiracy theories in the stockade

Give him some time to think

I think he got six months moron. But it's justice, he should have done what the moron in the wh told him to do. go to afghanistan get shot and come home in a body bag. yep. where are all the libtrud war protesters now??? Shades of sucky hypocrisy.

I think he got six months moron. But it's justice, he should have done what the moron in the wh told him to do. go to afghanistan get shot and come home in a body bag. yep. where are all the libtrud war protesters now??? Shades of sucky hypocrisy.

wow, you really are an idiot

this is the army oath:

The Oath of Enlistment (for enlistees):

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers):

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance tot he same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

he swore an Oath to obey the order of the POTUS. He volunteered for this, he wasnt forced into the military. you dont get to pick and choose your orders, you obey orders. thats how the military works. it doesnt matter if he wanted to go or not, he received his order and failed to comply. if he didnt want to follow orders, he shouldnt have signed up for the military.

here is what he faces: Lakin, a 17-year veteran, faces up to 18 months in prison and dismissal from the Army when he is sentenced on that charge.

Army Birther Terrence Lakin Pleads Guilty After Disobeying Orders

Wow.

Way to try and make this thread about something that it is not about at all.

Lakin is a physician, his job was to keep soldiers out of body bags.

He choose to abuse his rank to try and make a political statement.

Therefore he is unfit to wear that rank and the UCMJ will see to it that he is separated from it.

Lakin now accepts that Obama is the Commander In Chief and is requesting to be deployed to Afghanistan now.

Unfortunately for him, he can't undo his decision to make this an issue and further insistence of being tried by a Court Martial (he was given many opportunities to simply be reprimanded and allowed to deploy).

I think he was poorly served by the idiot birther movement who were only interested in using his rank to propel their own idiotic cause (despite ruining at least three other careers in the process and being told that this wasn't an appropriate venue to raise their legal challenge).

However, Lakin is an O-5 and a Doctor. He should have the good sense and judgment to know when he is being led astray.

Unfortunately for him, by the time he got wise and fired his idiot birther lawyer and hired a real one, it was too late.

I am not at all sympathetic to him. God help the E-1 who tried to pull this shit. They would probably spend years in Leavenworth.

However, since he's an Officer, he'll probably get a general discharge and be separated and really the only penalty he'll have is loss of his retirement (he was at the 17 year mark) and benefits.

Lakin now accepts that Obama is the Commander In Chief and is requesting to be deployed to Afghanistan now.

Unfortunately for him, he can't undo his decision to make this an issue and further insistence of being tried by a Court Martial (he was given many opportunities to simply be reprimanded and allowed to deploy).

I think he was poorly served by the idiot birther movement who were only interested in using his rank to propel their own idiotic cause (despite ruining at least three other careers in the process and being told that this wasn't an appropriate venue to raise their legal challenge).

However, Lakin is an O-5 and a Doctor. He should have the good sense and judgment to know when he is being led astray.

Unfortunately for him, by the time he got wise and fired his idiot birther lawyer and hired a real one, it was too late.

I am not at all sympathetic to him. God help the E-1 who tried to pull this shit. They would probably spend years in Leavenworth.

However, since he's an Officer, he'll probably get a general discharge and be separated and really the only penalty he'll have is loss of his retirement (he was at the 17 year mark) and benefits.

And good luck with his medical practice too. :doubt: No, not really.

If Lakin ever envisioned his court-martial as the slingshot that could bring down a presidency and prove that the Birthers are heroes rather than loonies, he had given up that dream by the time he entered a guilty plea and backed up a not guilty plea with a technicality.

The balding, gray colonel may not have truly changed his beliefs. But he looked small and shaken as he admitted to disobeying orders from his boss, Gordon Roberts, a Medal of Honor recipient. He murmured “Yes, ma’am” over and over in a low voice as the precise Judge Lind pressed him on whether he understood that “the dictates of conscience do not justify disobeying a lawful order.”

Sobered by the prospect of a dishonorable dismissal, losing his pension and serving hard time, as well as facing a panel of military superiors in dress uniforms, Colonel Lakin said the winter had been “a confusing time, a very emotional time for me.” His shoulders slumped, he offered excuses about how he had gotten conflicting advice from lawyers — his defense was underwritten by Birthers.

“I understand that it was my decision, and I made the wrong choice,” he told the judge.

LINK

And good luck with his medical practice too. :doubt: No, not really.

I am curious if this will affect his medical practice. I know you can't practice of convicted of a felony.

I also stand corrected. It looks like Lakin has been sentenced to six months.

I forgot how quickly military justice works.

Forum List

Back