Arkansas Police Add Saliva Test to Check for Drugs and Alcohol

Cookie

Jul 4, 2013
Mississippi
» Arkansas Police Add Saliva Tests to Check for Drugs and Alcohol Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

A new Arkansas state law sponsored by Sen. Jake Files, passed in March but went into effect July 17, allows law enforcement to test an individual’s saliva for drugs and alcohol.

The test that originated in Sebastian County is popular in Europe and is slowly gaining acceptance in the U.S.

Channel 5 news reports that Lieutenant Allan Marx with the Sebastian County Sheriff’s Department was the “driving force” behind the new legislation.

Not only is Marx behind the new law, but he is a distributor for the product. Marx is selling the test called OralTox, created by Premier Biotech at ORAL Saliva Drug test | Gotcha! Oral Saliva Drug TestGotcha! Oral Saliva Drug Test | Inexpensive and simple drug & alcohol tester for 25 per case at $298.75.

The Lt. recommends the test for employers, schools, coaches, police departments, parole, probation and drug courts.

Arkansas News reports, “(An officer) puts the saliva test kit in (the suspect’s) mouth for approximately four minutes or until the saturation indicator strip changes colors,” Marx said. “Negative results can be read at two minutes and positive results can be read at 10 minutes. It’s a lot like a pregnancy test is the way Senator Files explained it.”

The tests can detect a variety of substances including but not limited to alcohol, marijuana, amphetamine, cocaine, oxycodone, methadone, benzodiazepines, opiates and many others.

According to Marx, “If there’s ever a new way, a new tool that we can use to help not only law enforcement but help the public and the safety of the people out there, it needs to be used.”

“I believe this product is going to save lives.”

The manufacturer alleges the tests to be 94-99% accurate, but since the technology is so new, it has yet to be used in court. However, some law enforcement agencies have been using the tool in the hiring process for years.

Marx says the tests produce results within ten minutes and help officers determine whether an arrest should be made. The positive test is considered probable cause for arrest, and if needed, blood and urine can be collected at the jail.

Lt. Marx who is also acting as the distributor, says the tests are funded by the Drug Task Force and also taxpayer money. With the saliva test being more cost effective than blood tests, he insists the new tests will actually save thousands of dollars on police training and over time costs.

For entire article go to: http://www.infowars.com/arkansas-police-add-saliva-tests-to-check-for-drugs-and-alcohol

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with drug testing is that there is no way to actually determine whether or not a driver is actually impaired.

If you smoke a joint before bed are you driving under the influence if a saliva swab comes up positive the next morning?

Yup, a good law, so if Skull Pilot is out there acting stupidly the police can gather evidence lawfully.

It is a great # to determine if someone should be running around right then with a vehicle or whatever.

My concern is in the collecting of body fluids in relation to unreasonable search and seizure. In drunk or drugged driving, you're already stopped due to suspicious driving behavior. The street-side sobriety test is an extra level of data collection once reasonable suspicion has been established.

However, what is to say that you won't get stopped for a "seat belt check" and the officer says, "License and registration, please. And oh, stick this in your mouth and keep it there until I return."

And? Since when do you have an elevated right to privacy if you are operating a vehicle that requires registration and you certification to operate on a public thoroughfare?

I do think if you are walking on a public street and do not demonstrate any overt behavior of impairment that you have an elevated right to privacy from police intrusion.

And? Since when do you have an elevated right to privacy if you are operating a vehicle that requires registration and you certification to operate on a public thoroughfare?

I do think if you are walking on a public street and do not demonstrate any overt behavior of impairment that you have an elevated right to privacy from police intrusion.

It has nothing to do with privacy.

It has to do with proving impairment.

If you smoke a joint tonight and you test positive tomorrow are you driving while impaired?

It's not a difficult question.

Well for you it might be.

Skull Point, you are demonstrating your irrelevance here.

If you are driving, and if a test demonstrates you have illegal substances in your bloodstream, your ass needs to be off the street, period.

If you are driving, and if a test demonstrates you have illegal substances in your bloodstream, your ass needs to be off the street, period.

Are you impaired if a test shows you smoked a joint a couple days ago?

It's a simple question so a simpleton like you should be able to answer it.

Immaterial. You are driving with banned substances in your blood.

Son, you do not make the rules.

I get it it's too complicated for you.

Not in Washington State.
I can legally smoke a joint the night before and drive in the morning. Why should I be punished for something I legally did the night before?

Sorry, kids, you don't make the rules.

That's simple.

That you don't get it is the problem.

Forum List

Back