Arkansas gov pledges to sign Religious Freedom bill

Well, I don't think a state should make any discrimination legal, but IF they take out the provisions that companies can fire gays because their gods tell them too, and all it does is say bakers don't have to bake wedding cakes for gays (who can't get married in Arkansas anyway! LOL) then whatever.

btw last time I drove through Arkansas I was amazed at the number of homeless dogs and the amazing amount of chicken feathers along the roads.

When Wal-Mart speaks, Asa listens.

They are just changing the language, it'll pass and when it does you can continue to bawl and whine
That is the whole point of the protest. People don't object to a law that protects religious freedom, they object to the religious freedom law being written in a way that allows it to be used for discrimination against minority groups like LGBT's. Change the language and the problem goes away.

They are just changing the language, it'll pass and when it does you can continue to bawl and whine
That is the whole point of the protest. People don't object to a law that protects religious freedom, they object to the religious freedom law being written in a way that allows it to be used for discrimination against minority groups like LGBT's. Change the language and the problem goes away.

So you have no problem if a Christian doesn't want to make a gay cake. It's all good then. Thanks

yep.

Proponents of these laws say they are necessary to protect the rights of religious people. But the Indiana law and the Arkansas bill have drawn particular fire because unlike the federal religious freedom law and similar laws in states across the country, these new bills say that companies can have the same religious rights as individuals, which opponents say could be used to let businesses discriminate against gay couples.

Opponents of the Arkansas bill include Walmart, which is headquartered in the state. Doug McMillon, Walmart’s chief executive, said in a statement after the bill was passed by state lawmakers that the legislation “threatens to undermine the spirit of inclusion present throughout the state of Arkansas and does not reflect the values we proudly uphold.”

“For these reasons, we are asking Governor Hutchinson to veto this legislation,” he said in a statement Tuesday.

So you have no problem if a Christian doesn't want to make a gay cake. It's all good then. Thanks
Actually, I do have a problem with it. I'm not so sure I want some government agency to hound the bigots out of business though.

Sounds like NIKE is jumping on board against also. What rotten timing to introduce a bill in Indiana, the weekend of the final four. I bet some businesses are putting up signs saying we serve everyone here.

Sounds like NIKE is jumping on board against also. What rotten timing to introduce a bill in Indiana, the weekend of the final four. I bet some businesses are putting up signs saying we serve everyone here.

My mom lives in Indiana, she says it's quiet. It't loons who have no dog in the fight causing all this BS

How the heck does a cake have a sexual orientation? What makes a cake gay? How would a person know they were eating a gay cake when they thought they were eating a straight cake? Are gay cakes made that way or do they become gay by choice? Once a cake is gay, can it be changed into a straight cake? If a cake is just happy, will it be mistaken for being gay?

The longer these states keep their blatant hatred in the news, the better it is for the DEMS in 16. If they were smart, the DEMS would do whatever they can to not prevent passage but to make the topic a debate question where Jeb and Scott have to answer a question. Every syllable uttered in support is gold for Senate and POTUS contenders.
Hatred? Examples please?
As much as you keep wishing, democrats once again are vulnerable in both the house and senate.
Reid's ( NV) replacement when his term is up will be a Republican. Menendez in NJ will be battling legal issues. If he runs, he will lose.
In fact the NJ democrat party bosses will probably tell him, not ask, TELL him to stand down.

This law we're discussing for example;it's proliferation through out the red states for another. The longer this stays in the minds of politically active persons...the better it is for the DEMS.

DEMS are re-taking the Senate in 2016...live it, love it, know it. By how much depends on how many Todd Akins and Sharon Angles are fielded by the TEA party. Schumer is going to be the new Majority leader.

POTUS is a toss up. Looking good for Hillary so far but there is a long way to go.
Did your original post bear repeating?
Your post was countered in a logical order based on the facts.
Before you type, does it look like I wanted a response from you?
Pay attention....Done.

The longer these states keep their blatant hatred in the news, the better it is for the DEMS in 16. If they were smart, the DEMS would do whatever they can to not prevent passage but to make the topic a debate question where Jeb and Scott have to answer a question. Every syllable uttered in support is gold for Senate and POTUS contenders.
Hatred? Examples please?
As much as you keep wishing, democrats once again are vulnerable in both the house and senate.
Reid's ( NV) replacement when his term is up will be a Republican. Menendez in NJ will be battling legal issues. If he runs, he will lose.
In fact the NJ democrat party bosses will probably tell him, not ask, TELL him to stand down.

This law we're discussing for example;it's proliferation through out the red states for another. The longer this stays in the minds of politically active persons...the better it is for the DEMS.

DEMS are re-taking the Senate in 2016...live it, love it, know it. By how much depends on how many Todd Akins and Sharon Angles are fielded by the TEA party. Schumer is going to be the new Majority leader.

POTUS is a toss up. Looking good for Hillary so far but there is a long way to go.
My posts are usually very good so repeating them only adds to the board's clout.
You presented no facts; you seldom do. Chuck Schumer will be the next Majority leader.
You've obviously mistaken me for someone who cares what you want.

Hatred? Examples please?

My posts are usually very good so repeating them only adds to the board's clout.
You presented no facts; you seldom do. Chuck Schumer will be the next Majority leader.
You a legend in your own mind.
Chuck U Schumer?.....Uhh, your side has ZERO chance of retaking the Senate......In fact, the dems are on track to losing at least two more seats.
Did you not hear? Memendez (D-NJ) just got hit with a criminal indictment today.. He's toast.
U.S. Sen. Menendez indicted on corruption charges - News - NorthJersey.com
Facts? Cookie, you would know a fact if it infested your apartment with black mold.
You should be having tea with Gloria Allred.

Hatred? Examples please?

Chuck U Schumer?.....Uhh, your side has ZERO chance of retaking the Senate......In fact, the dems are on track to losing at least two more seats.
Did you not hear? Memendez (D-NJ) just got hit with a criminal indictment today.. He's toast.
Facts? Cookie, you would know a fact if it infested your apartment with black mold.

It will be fun to bring this up again....

Hatred? Examples please?

Menendez bucked Obama.

Bad move on his part.

Forum List

Back