Arizona will require Obama to provide birth cert if he wants to be on ballot

..............So you want Arizona to continue making unconstitutional laws? ...................

Just what is Unconstitutional about requiring candidates for public officer to demonstrate that they meet the Constitutional requirements for the Office sought?

Who else has had their citizenship questioned?

McCain.

Beyond that, it's been a good 100 years since a President's or a serious contender's citizenship was questioned.

McCain was born in Panama, he's never denied that fact.

No, he never did. But there was similar garbage out there about him, whether he was born in the canal zone and the statutes in effect at the time yada yada yada. If he'd won, we might be looking at the same kinds of arguments about him from the delusional wingnuts on the other side.

By the way, the title of this thread is a lie.

Arizona will require Obama to provide birth cert if he wants to be on ballot

It all should have eneded after the first post since the title is a lie. Some one disprove me.

McCain.

Beyond that, it's been a good 100 years since a President's or a serious contender's citizenship was questioned.

No, he never did. But there was similar garbage out there about him, whether he was born in the canal zone and the statutes in effect at the time yada yada yada. If he'd won, we might be looking at the same kinds of arguments about him from the delusional wingnuts on the other side.

No we wouldn't...just like we wouldn't have ever heard Texas is actually saying the word secede.

So many First Time things are happening with Obama. I wonder why?

Isn't it already a Federal requirement to be a natural born citizen of the US in order to be prez?? why yes I think it is.. therefore it is not unreasonable to require proof.. ie a birth certificate.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

You see Obama has already proven he is a citizen and everyone in the world knows it but partisen hacks who refuse to accept the same level of proof for Obama as Bush had.

Ask yourself WHY the Bush admin would hand over the government to Obama if he were not a proven citizen who had every right to take office?

If they could have they would have tossed him on his ear when he tried to take office.

You are soooo stupid and void of any honest brain cells you will buy any crock of shit to remained steeped in your failed ideas.

No we wouldn't...just like we wouldn't have ever heard Texas is actually saying the word secede.

You wouldn't, personally. But I'm long past saying anything is impossible when it comes to idiot wingnuttery. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I think part of what's happening with Obama has to do with race. I think just as much of it has to do with other parts of his background, he's an "other". He spent time growing up not on a military base in Europe or Japan or Korea but in an exotic sort of place like Indonesia that most of the US population would struggle to find on a map. His father wasn't an immigrant from a familiar Western nation, but from that Third World heathen mysterious Africa. AND he was at least titularly a Muslim. AND he went back. Obama's isn't the so-called "all-American" story, and that makes him suspicious to a lot of people more than his skin color, IMO.

I think if anything it's a reflection on how insular and parochial American thinking really is when it comes to what we know, understand and accept about the world and its people outside our own little comfort zone. But that's just my two cents fwiw. ;)

The Bush admin would have never let him take office if there was any question of his citizenship.

You wouldn't, personally. But I'm long past saying anything is impossible when it comes to idiot wingnuttery. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I think part of what's happening with Obama has to do with race. I think just as much of it has to do with other parts of his background, he's an "other". He spent time growing up not on a military base in Europe or Japan or Korea but in an exotic sort of place like Indonesia that most of the US population would struggle to find on a map. His father wasn't an immigrant from a familiar Western nation, but from that Third World heathen mysterious Africa. AND he was at least titularly a Muslim. AND he went back. Obama's isn't the so-called "all-American" story, and that makes him suspicious to a lot of people more than his skin color, IMO.

I think if anything it's a reflection on how insular and parochial American thinking really is when it comes to what we know, understand and accept about the world and its people outside our own little comfort zone. But that's just my two cents fwiw. ;)

Clinton IS 'white' and was treated JUST AS BADLY as Obama when he was President....but Clinton was Stronger, more mature in Politics than Obama and DID not let the republican bullshit get in the way of his presidency or accomplishing what HE WANTED.....he vetoed what he did not accept and made Congress rewrite several things, until acceptable to him.

If Hillary were in Office, the Republicans would be treating her in the same disrespectful of the President manner, imo.

Nothing unconstitutional about it.

Silly rabbit.

Arizona ‘birther’ bill forces Obama to show birth certificate | Raw Story

The Republic notes that there are concerns about the bill's constitutionality.

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett also expressed concern about Burges' amendment, saying that creating state-level eligibility requirements to run for federal office could violate the U.S. Constitution.

"While everyone has an interest in ensuring that only eligible citizens run for president, there are obvious issues with states implementing what could become a patchwork of different tests for a presidential candidate to prove his/her citizenship," said Bennett's spokesman, Matthew Benson, in an e-mail.

While I'm sure you have no problem with states passing laws that you can't run for President if you're not a Christian, if you're gay, or if you're a atheist, the rest of us sane folk do.

Don't you know? Laws are only unconstitutional to many conservatives when its something they don't like.

I don't recall conservatives yelling unconstitutional when Bush invaded Iraq without congress declaring war.
But seem like they did when Clowntoon sent troops to the Balkans....
hmmm I think you have something there DR.

then there was Grenada, Panama, Nicaragua, etc...

Last edited:
Isn't it already a Federal requirement to be a natural born citizen of the US in order to be prez?? why yes I think it is.. therefore it is not unreasonable to require proof.. ie a birth certificate.

Which Obama did supply, to the satisfaction of the Supreme Court. A conservative Supreme Court at that. But imagine you all will try to claim that Alito and Roberts are somehow part of a conspiracy to get a Kenyan into office.

Of course, morons who stick their heads in the sand unless there's something being said that they want to hear, aren't going to accept any for of birth certificate.

Arizona is apparently still bitter that their man McCain received such a trouncing in the last election.

Any state trying to provide additional requirements than those required by the federal government to run for federal office, is indeed behaving in an unconstitutional manner.

Of course, we're talking about Arizona here: the state that insists on being on a different time schedule from every other state because they couldn't wrap their tiny little brains around the concept of Daylight Savings Time.

McCain.

I doubt it, he wouldn't hide his birth certificate.

Forum List

Back