Arizona will require Obama to provide birth cert if he wants to be on ballot

I smell the birfers pulling a fast one and using the full faith and credit challenge after Obama's BC is turned down as a back door to get into court, since nothing they've put up has ever gotten to the merits. :eusa_whistle:

How exactly would the full faith and credit clause effect the law in any state other than Arizona here?

Never said it would. But I can see this coming. AZ turns down the certified COLB from HI, which violates Full Faith and Credit. The birfer in charge uses it as a way to sneak in the back door with fifteen different crazy theories. Yada, yada, yada.

It's a perfect setup to get a hearing on what never passed the sniff test by the front door. That's what I'd do anyway, if I were into tinfoil beanies and had enough support to get a law like this passed. /shrug

How exactly is it unconstitutional to request proof of eligibility before you can get your name on the ballot?

He has already done so, as according to the law, twice. A federal law is a big difference than a state law. A state law sets precedent for certain other kind of tests in order to be eligible to be President. It's unconstitutional.

If he has done so he will have absolutely no problem here. The law is asking for proof of eligibility to get on the ballot. The eligibility standard was set by the Constitution of the United States. How is asking for proof that they are constitutionally eligible before being placed on the ballot a new test?

How exactly is it unconstitutional to request proof of eligibility before you can get your name on the ballot?

He has already done so, as according to the law, twice. A federal law is a big difference than a state law. A state law sets precedent for certain other kind of tests in order to be eligible to be President. It's unconstitutional.

Supremacy Clause!

Goldcatt can correct me if I am incorrect about that notion.

I smell the birfers pulling a fast one and using the full faith and credit challenge after Obama's BC is turned down as a back door to get into court, since nothing they've put up has ever gotten to the merits. :eusa_whistle:

How exactly would the full faith and credit clause effect the law in any state other than Arizona here?

Never said it would. But I can see this coming. AZ turns down the certified COLB from HI, which violates Full Faith and Credit. The birfer in charge uses it as a way to sneak in the back door with fifteen different crazy theories. Yada, yada, yada.

It's a perfect setup to get a hearing on what never passed the sniff test by the front door. That's what I'd do anyway, if I were into tinfoil beanies and had enough support to get a law like this passed. /shrug

Actually, I think the certification in Hawaii would make Arizona bound by the Full Faith and Credit Clause to accept it.

Supremacy Clause!

Goldcatt can correct me if I am incorrect about that notion.

States determine how one is eligible to be on their ballot.

Arizona Republicans are afraid Obama is going to win their State. Heck, he almost took it from McCain. Bush stole Tennessee from Gore just like he stole Florida and Ohio. Little known fact.

See, this is where you guys make no sense.

You say it's obvious that President Obama is was born in Hawaii and you have shown the certificate to prove it. So what's the issue? He and every other candidate provides the info and they are on the ballot. How does this keep him off the ballot unless he can't provide it?

I think the birther movement is completely stupid and a waste of time. Yet, you guys are scared of candidates providing proof of eligibility when if what you say is correct, Obama has done so many times. Why are you upset then? It makes absolutely no sense.

The issue is: you guys are still making it an issue.

Actually, I think the certification in Hawaii would make Arizona bound by the Full Faith and Credit Clause to accept it.

That's my point. It would. But honestly, what are the odds they will?

States determine how one is eligible to be on their ballot.

So what happens if a state decides that you have to be straight to be on their ballot? Or Christian?

This is why it's unconstitutional for these certain kind of tests to be made up and made law by the states.

Arizona Republicans are afraid Obama is going to win their State. Heck, he almost took it from McCain. Bush stole Tennessee from Gore just like he stole Florida and Ohio. Little known fact.

You say it's obvious that President Obama is was born in Hawaii and you have shown the certificate to prove it. So what's the issue? He and every other candidate provides the info and they are on the ballot. How does this keep him off the ballot unless he can't provide it?

I think the birther movement is completely stupid and a waste of time. Yet, you guys are scared of candidates providing proof of eligibility when if what you say is correct, Obama has done so many times. Why are you upset then? It makes absolutely no sense.

Wow you should like, read and apply the Nietzsche quote in your sig.....

I am not the one demanding special dispensation here.
And yet, we still see no transcripts from the President.

When we saw them from Dole, Clinton, Kerry, Bush and Gore.

Why?

Because they agreed to release them.

Obama didn't.

In other words, request denied.
And you never wonder why?

Why the lower standard? Aren't you the least bit curious?

And remember, Kerry didn't release his until July after the election.... And it showed his grades worse than Dubya's!

Could this be why? Grades maybe not all that good?

So much for "transparency" and you're perfectly okay with it!

Wow you should like, read and apply the Nietzsche quote in your sig.....

We are bickering. We are healthy.

sig applied.

And yet, we still see no transcripts from the President.

When we saw them from Dole, Clinton, Kerry, Bush and Gore.

Why?

Obama didn't.

And remember, Kerry didn't release his until July after the election.... And it showed his grades worse than Dubya's!

No, I wonder. Here is my theory:

I think Obama knows once he starts giving into the demands of the fringe right, they will continue to become more and more bizarre until he will regret opening up that pandora's box.

The birthers are proof of this theory.

Also, the birthers have tried to use his college records as proof he is not a NBC, so that's hurting those of you who want to see his records for other reasons.

Obama didn't.

No, I wonder. Here is my theory:

I think Obama knows once he starts giving into the demands of the fringe right, they will continue to become more and more bizarre until he will regret opening up that pandora's box.

The birthers are proof of this theory.

Also, the birthers have tried to use his college records as proof he is not a NBC, so that's hurting those of you who want to see his records for other reasons.
The same people who were going nutso over Booooosh not releasing his transcripts are okay with Obama not releasing his.

Case closed. Hypocrites.

Forum List

Back