Arizona to Los Angeles "No Power For You!"

Yeah, your city is an island, totally unaffected by what goes on in the state and the metropolitan area around it. :cuckoo:

Nevertheless, the answer is the same. You asked what we had that you would want, I answered. Nothing you said has changed that fact. Arizona is a lot more than just cacti, same as California is a lot more than just Disneyland and homosexuals in leather gear. Get over yourself.

look Cec....without calling you a dumbass...im telling you that Anaheim owns its own power company and gets its power from other sources other than your fucking State....it does not go with Southern California Edison like 70% of the place does and Edison does get their stuff from your State....now i know you think Arizona supplies power to even god....but your wrong...so YOU get over your fucking self....

Look, Harry, without calling YOU a dumbass, I'm telling you that you asked what Arizona had that would be wanted, and suggested cacti. I answered your question, and whether or not you think your city will stand immune if LA produces the testiticular fortitude to mount a REAL boycott, rather than a media-hyped "fauxcott" (both of which I consider unlikely), it was a rude, ignorant question that revealed your self-absorption and navel-gazing. You got slapped for it. End of story.

What? Anaheim DOESN'T need anything from Arizona, last I checked, anaheim isn't los angeles county, its the OC. So he's right, and you are 100% wrong, HIS city (anaheim) gets absolutely nothing from you. The rollover effects this may have on them will be minute at best.

If anything, this may serve to boost local california economies by rerouting that 25% through some of the newer generators that have been built in central and northern california.

And cecille, why in gods name would we boycott electricity when we can have it both ways? This is one of those rare cases that, because of our size, political influence and geopolitical factors, we CAN have our cake (a "fauxcott" as you like to call it, either way it will achieve the desired affect on AZ's economy)and eat it too (they will continue to provide electricity because NOT doing so would be unpopular with their voters by hurting their economy even more.). It's a pretty dirty move, but c'est la vie. Besides, we're apparently late to the party, SF, oakland, and a bunch of other places have already started doing this :lol:.

And its news to me that la isn't just disneyland and homosexuals, damn...i moved to the wrong place :lol:.

So this all boils down to folks in Los Angeles county caring about illegals more than citizens of Arizona. Makes not giving a crap about LA a pretty easy position to take. How about no wild fire support for this year?

Maybe We can get Craig Ferguson to relocate his show to NYC or Vegas if he's too pussy. ;) L.A. sucks anyway.

So this all boils down to folks in Los Angeles county caring about illegals more than citizens of Arizona. Makes not giving a crap about LA a pretty easy position to take. How about no wild fire support for this year?

when the majority of the City Council are Hispanic of some sort and there are anywhere between 3- 5 million Illegals (depending on who is doing the counting)what would you expect?.........

You have that reversed. It boils down to the government of LA caring more about criminal aliens than they do Legal American Citizens. They apparently desire to be a third world country. So I say fine. Exile the illegals caught in Arizona and force LA to take them.

This is always such a false comparison by saying that Arizona cares less for illegals. They shouldn't be there in the first place using our resources and claiming non-existent rights to American citizenship benefits. Who cares for legal residents? The feds sure as fuck don't. They're trying to be the new Hispanic party currying another minority and playing 'big tent' politics for the advancement of their own personal power. Hell with doing the right thing for this nation.

This law only forces the police to do the job of the federal law. If this is too much to ask for from our government officials, to do what they said they would, maybe we need to start looking at what nation they need to be sent to. Obviously this one isn't cutting it for them.

when the majority of the City Council are Hispanic of some sort and there are anywhere between 3- 5 million Illegals (depending on who is doing the counting)what would you expect?.........

Uphold the US Constitution and laws of the State of California would be my expectation. No, I didn't get it backwords Big Fitz. I said exactly what you did.

Uphold the US Constitution and laws of the State of California would be my expectation.

Mayor Villaraigosa and most of his fellow council members would uphold the Mexican Constitution over ours Liberty...and i am not saying that to be an ass.....this guys City has many financial problems directly related to the Illegal problem.....but you will never hear him say that....

Should do it anyway for a week just to make the point to not fuck with those that hold your leash. 7 days at 75% power... Wonder how much of LA would be in flames after that?

Yeah! Let's punish an entire city because of the words of a politician! That will show 'em that you're right and sane!
:eusa_eh:

LOL...the irony here boggles the mind. It's ok for LA to punish an entire state, but that state has NO right to stand up for itself? Your moronic arguments are incredible.

Speaking of sane, when was the last time you saw a doctor about your brain cell depletion disorder?

This whole boycott thing is stupid anyway. If you whiny ass cry babies were half as good at reading and interpreting legislation as you were at bitching about it before you even read it, you might actually stand a chance at having some credibility.

Should do it anyway for a week just to make the point to not fuck with those that hold your leash. 7 days at 75% power... Wonder how much of LA would be in flames after that?

Yeah! Let's punish an entire city because of the words of a politician! That will show 'em that you're right and sane!
:eusa_eh:

LOL...the irony here boggles the mind. It's ok for LA to punish an entire state, but that state has NO right to stand up for itself? Your moronic arguments are incredible.

Speaking of sane, when was the last time you saw a doctor about your brain cell depletion disorder?

This whole boycott thing is stupid anyway. If you whiny ass cry babies were half as good at reading and interpreting legislation as you were at bitching about it before you even read it, you might actually stand a chance at having some credibility.
He's only allowed one. If he had two or more, he rubs them together till they start a fire and burn his head down. Overload is a bad thing.

Yea, the county with nearly 10million americans, many of which are some of the most powerful and influential in the country, is going to be left to burn in wildfires for boycotting Arizona.

Ok. I've got a timeshare on the moon you might also be interested in..four bedrooms five baths (You know how much one's gotta pee in zero grav), get back to me!

Yea, the county with nearly 10million americans, many of which are some of the most powerful and influential in the country, is going to be left to burn in wildfires for boycotting Arizona.

Ok. I've got a timeshare on the moon you might also be interested in..four bedrooms five baths (You know how much one's gotta pee in zero grav), get back to me!

Oh, okay, so LA, with its 10 million Americans (and God knows how many illegals) is too important to be punished for its bad behavior (or to be expected to follow through on its own words, for that matter), but Arizona, with its 6.6 million Americans (and God knows how many illegals) doesn't matter in the slightest and can be abused with impunity. Is that your position? And where exactly is the cut-off number for being important in your eyes?

As far as I'm concerned, burning in wildfires is THEIR choice for boycotting Arizona. It's called "think before you talk, numbnuts". Don't let your mouth write checks that your city can't cash.

I'm going to take that as, you didn't think about this possibility and it scares the crap out of you. Fire is a hell of an equalizer to powerful and influental. You must be an idiot to own a timeshare on the moon. Visit much? Bring me back some cheese from the man in the moon next time, or just a stupid T-shirt.

The solution to the problem of CA boycotting AZ is very simple - stay away from CA for one year - that will hurt CA a lot more than any boycott could hurt AZ. No need to use electricity to get even although this would be the straw that would break CA but somewhat unrealistc as I doubt that AZ would carry out this threat. Staying away is a much more realistic approach to this problem.

I disagree...they can deal much more damage by going with the power play. This boycott nonsense will not carry for a year. AZ can make a bigger splash by hitting LA where it hurts and fast.

Forum List

Back