Arizona Sheriff Warns Campers of Danger of Drug Cartels

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The drug cartels pretty much control some areas in our country. There have been warning signs in many places near the southern border warning people not to enter known trafficking areas. Now the parks aren't even safe. Yea, libs, the border is as safe as ever. It's worse than ever.

"Memorial Day weekend is the first big weekend of the year for campers. And state and federal parks are already gearing up for visitors across the nation.

But in one Arizona county, the Sheriff is warning folks of a dangerous threat this holiday weekend — Mexican cartel assassins.

Sheriff Paul Babeu is recommending anyone using back roads, campsites and trails in western Pinal County to use extreme caution and carry a firearm if they are in any wilderness areas.

From ABC15:

According to PCSO, Mexican cartels are sending the "sicarios" — groups of assassins — to kill rivals trying to steal their drugs — right in popular camping areas where hikers may caught in the crossfire.

The armed enforcers are expected to target "rip crews", who ambush other transport gangs to take their drugs and money.

"We are taking this threat seriously and believe that the public and my deputies deserve to know that there is an elevated risk of encountering gun violence in certain areas of Pinal County," Babeu said in a Monday press release.

Multiple gun battles in areas south of Pinal County between cartel assassins and rival drug runners have been reported to law enforcement agencies. Deputies have also seen a rise in armed encounters with cartel drug runners, PCSO said.

The sheriff gave three specific locations where gunfights have happened since March: I-8 near Casa Grand; Near Sunland Gin Rd. outside Arizona City; On the Tohono O’Odham reservation.

"I am concerned that when these cartel hitmen have armed confrontations with the rip crews in the deserts of Pinal County, innocent Americans and my deputies are going to be injured or killed," Babeu warned.

"People who think that this is somehow far removed, that it’s happening in Mexico and that we’re all safe here, that’s not the case. This violence is occurring right here in our county," Babeu said."

http://toprightnews.com/sheriff-warns-people-going-camping-this-holiday-weekend-and-it-proves-trump-right/

We should legalize weed to cripple the cartels :thup:
We should SHOOT the damn smugglers.

Years back, two borders were in danger when a known drug smuggler refused to stop and tried to run them over with his vehicle. They shot at him and one hit the guy. He lived, but they both ended up in jail. It's our border guards treated like criminals when they either try to keep people out or defend themselves. Obama doesn't want them defending themselves at all now and they are told to run and hide if shot at or otherwise attacked. Don't think the cartels and other criminals don't know how things work now. When they want to help people get in, they fire shots at the guards and while they are ducking, the worst of the worst come through the border.

The drug cartels pretty much control some areas in our country. There have been warning signs in many places near the southern border warning people not to enter known trafficking areas. Now the parks aren't even safe. Yea, libs, the border is as safe as ever. It's worse than ever.

"Memorial Day weekend is the first big weekend of the year for campers. And state and federal parks are already gearing up for visitors across the nation.

But in one Arizona county, the Sheriff is warning folks of a dangerous threat this holiday weekend — Mexican cartel assassins.

Sheriff Paul Babeu is recommending anyone using back roads, campsites and trails in western Pinal County to use extreme caution and carry a firearm if they are in any wilderness areas.

From ABC15:

According to PCSO, Mexican cartels are sending the "sicarios" — groups of assassins — to kill rivals trying to steal their drugs — right in popular camping areas where hikers may caught in the crossfire.

The armed enforcers are expected to target "rip crews", who ambush other transport gangs to take their drugs and money.

"We are taking this threat seriously and believe that the public and my deputies deserve to know that there is an elevated risk of encountering gun violence in certain areas of Pinal County," Babeu said in a Monday press release.

Multiple gun battles in areas south of Pinal County between cartel assassins and rival drug runners have been reported to law enforcement agencies. Deputies have also seen a rise in armed encounters with cartel drug runners, PCSO said.

The sheriff gave three specific locations where gunfights have happened since March: I-8 near Casa Grand; Near Sunland Gin Rd. outside Arizona City; On the Tohono O’Odham reservation.

"I am concerned that when these cartel hitmen have armed confrontations with the rip crews in the deserts of Pinal County, innocent Americans and my deputies are going to be injured or killed," Babeu warned.

"People who think that this is somehow far removed, that it’s happening in Mexico and that we’re all safe here, that’s not the case. This violence is occurring right here in our county," Babeu said."

http://toprightnews.com/sheriff-warns-people-going-camping-this-holiday-weekend-and-it-proves-trump-right/
Lol. This is the moron who got caught sending nudes to his illegal Mexican boyfriend.

APOYvNS.jpg

MPnzVfn.jpg

We already try to. Legalize weed, and there won't be anymore smugglers.
Smugglers will simply move more and sell for less. I live just north of that county in the OP.
Yeah that's why alcohol smugglers are so successful these days :rolleyes:
Making booze legal did not get rid of the mob. So how is making pot legal going to get rid of the cartels?

We already try to. Legalize weed, and there won't be anymore smugglers.
Smugglers will simply move more and sell for less. I live just north of that county in the OP.
Yeah that's why alcohol smugglers are so successful these days :rolleyes:
Making booze legal did not get rid of the mob. So how is making pot legal going to get rid of the cartels?
The Mob made a killing when booze was illegal. The cartels are making a killing off of weed being illegal.

Colorado, Washington, Alaska, and Oregon are costing the cartels 1 billion dollars each according to several sources. I don't think we should be giving them back that much money.

Forum List

Back