Arizona Sheriff to Federal Govt: I'm enforcing our new law regardless of your ruling

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Sheriff Joe Arpaio: I'll Enforce Arizona's Immigration Law

On Wednesday a judge blocked the most controversial sections of Arizona's new law and put them on hold. The law will still take effect on Thursday, but without some of the provisions that angered opponents — including sections that required officers to check a person's immigration status while enforcing other laws.

Nevertheless there are reports that opponents of the new law plan to block Arpaio’s jail on Thursday in an act of civil disobedience.

“There’s a rumor that they’re going to block our jails down the street,” Arpaio says in an exclusive Newsmax interview.

“You know what? They’re not going to block our jails. They’re going into the jail if they block our jail. I’m not going to succumb to these demonstrators keeping law enforcement from booking people in our jail. So we may have to take some action.”

Arpaio also vows to conduct a “crime suppression operation” on Thursday.

“This morning we raided another business and arrested five more illegal aliens with false identification. On Thursday we’re going to do our 17th crime suppression operation and go out with our volunteer posse and deputy sheriffs and catch criminals. We’ve done 16. Just by chance about two-thirds [of those arrested] happen to be here illegally.

Here it goes boys and girls, state's rights vs federal authority is kicking off now.

Sheriff Dever from Cochise County Arizona, has been enforcing the US Immigration law for 30 years. He has been Sheriff for 15 years and his department has been enforcing the US law. His department is well trained from day one on how to determine probable cause. The "question" of legality status is the last thing the asks. Only after the original infraction is determined and if and only if he or she determines there is a high probability of the suspect of being in the US illegally does the deputy question the suspect about their citizenship and legality in America. The Arizona law has been in practice for decades. There have been nearly zero complaints regarding any racial profiling or bias.

So you 20% who support open borders and amnesty, get over it and find something else to whine about.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I do hope there is a some careful reading of the thread authors post, if someone does they will notice this is not new for the Maricopa County Sheriff or invented. As has been rightly pointed out, across the nation and here in Arizona, state and local law enforecement have been working with Federal officials for many years in immigration matters. I have posted this all over in this debate and will mention it here only because of the noise level aimed at Arizona. ICE has a program called "Secure Communities" in which they share information about Illegal Aliens in a " NATIONAL DATABASE" with state and local law enforcement on criminal illegal aliens. If no one is aware by now, to enter the United States without proper documentation and at a non-designated port of entry is a Federal crime no different than any other federal crime. The only difference is it is never prosecuted. So when our Sheriff say's he will enforce the law, I frankly am not surprised. On a side note, Phoenix was before this ruling a so called " sanctuary city" it remains to be seen how the mayor of Phoenix will comply with the new law now that those are not allowed.

Even more heinous, Sheriff Joe Arpaio continues to run roughshod over every known tenet of human decency. He and his charges are launching one of their trademark raids on a west Phoenix neighborhood, harrassing local citizens in a feeble attempt to root out "illegal" immigrants. Note what he says about yesterday's injunction, which said that the portion of SB 1070 which required people to always carry proof of their immigrant status or else face charges was pre-empted by federal law:
Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Sheriff Joe should not have to carry out raid to find illegals, legals should turn them in. That is what a true American citizen would do. In Arizona, legal immigrants are turning in members of their families that are illegal. Legal immigrants are hurt by illegal immigration also.

I do hope there is a some careful reading of the thread authors post, if someone does they will notice this is not new for the Maricopa County Sheriff or invented. As has been rightly pointed out, across the nation and here in Arizona, state and local law enforecement have been working with Federal officials for many years in immigration matters. I have posted this all over in this debate and will mention it here only because of the noise level aimed at Arizona. ICE has a program called "Secure Communities" in which they share information about Illegal Aliens in a " NATIONAL DATABASE" with state and local law enforcement on criminal illegal aliens. If no one is aware by now, to enter the United States without proper documentation and at a non-designated port of entry is a Federal crime no different than any other federal crime. The only difference is it is never prosecuted. So when our Sheriff say's he will enforce the law, I frankly am not surprised. On a side note, Phoenix was before this ruling a so called " sanctuary city" it remains to be seen how the mayor of Phoenix will comply with the new law now that those are not allowed.

I am very curious as to how this ruling will be applied to sanctuary cities as those laws are in the same spirit, in regards to federal law, as the 1070 bill Clinton's apointee stopped the enforcement of (however she left alone the sanctuary city stuff sooooo.....to be continued ;))

They'll be sorry when businesses have to start paying Ameican wages.

They'll be begging the illegals to come back.

Who is going to be sorry?

I tell you what us regular mechanic shops who don't pay people indentured servant wages are going to be super happy if the other shops have to start competing on a level payroll playing field.

Those who hire illegals can pay their guys 10/hour cash under the table with no benefits. How is a regular, law abiding, business supposed to compete with that? It cant much in the same way our manufacturing base has been decimated by cheap chinese labor/product.

On Wednesday a judge blocked the most controversial sections of Arizona's new law and put them on hold. The law will still take effect on Thursday, but without some of the provisions that angered opponents — including sections that required officers to check a person's immigration status while enforcing other laws.

Nevertheless there are reports that opponents of the new law plan to block Arpaio’s jail on Thursday in an act of civil disobedience.

“There’s a rumor that they’re going to block our jails down the street,” Arpaio says in an exclusive Newsmax interview.

“You know what? They’re not going to block our jails. They’re going into the jail if they block our jail. I’m not going to succumb to these demonstrators keeping law enforcement from booking people in our jail. So we may have to take some action.”

“This morning we raided another business and arrested five more illegal aliens with false identification. On Thursday we’re going to do our 17th crime suppression operation and go out with our volunteer posse and deputy sheriffs and catch criminals. We’ve done 16. Just by chance about two-thirds [of those arrested] happen to be here illegally.

Here it goes boys and girls, state's rights vs federal authority is kicking off now.

Immigration has never been a "state right" but a federal responsibility.

Immigration has never been a "state right" but a federal responsibility.

Nope it never has been....well..unless we start looking at sanctuary city laws ;)

Who is going to be sorry?

I tell you what us regular mechanic shops who don't pay people indentured servant wages are going to be super happy if the other shops have to start competing on a level payroll playing field.

Those who hire illegals can pay their guys 10/hour cash under the table with no benefits. How is a regular, law abiding, business supposed to compete with that? It cant much in the same way our manufacturing base has been decimated by cheap chinese labor/product.

Landscaping business have also been harmed by the unfair labor practices of those that employ the contraband labor force. I see a lot of decent paying jobs that would be put back into the economy if the contraband labor force is expelled.

I am very curious as to how this ruling will be applied to sanctuary cities as those laws are in the same spirit, in regards to federal law, as the 1070 bill Clinton's apointee stopped the enforcement of (however she left alone the sanctuary city stuff sooooo.....to be continued ;))

One thing people have to understand too, the judge has not ruled on the merits of the case. All she did was issue a Temporary Restraining Order to prevent enforcement of parts of the law while the case is being considered.

So, anyone who thinks they have "won" anything so far is sorely mistaken. Even the TRO is under appeal in the 9th Circuit (not that I hold out much hope for a sane ruling out of there, but even the TRO is settled).

Forum List

Back