Arizona Sheriff: it's a "racist law" that would force deputies to racial profile

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
12386648_BG1.jpg

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Pima County's top lawman says he has no intention of enforcing Arizona's controversial crackdown on illegal immigration. Sheriff Clarence Dupnik calls SB 1070 "racist," "disgusting," and "unnecessary."

Speaking Tuesday morning with KGUN9's Steve Nunez, Dupnik made it clear that while he will not comply with the provisions of the new law, nor will he let illegal immigrants go free. "We're going to keep doing what we've been doing all along," Dupnik said. "We're going to stop and detain these people for the Border Patrol."

The sheriff acknowledged that this course of action could get him hauled into court. SB 1070 allows citizens to sue any law enforcement official who doesn't comply with the law. But Dupnik told Nunez that SB 1070 would force his deputies to adopt racial profiling as an enforcement tactic, which Dupnik says could also get him sued. "So we're kind of in a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation. It's just a stupid law."

Dupnik had harsh words for anyone who thinks SB 1070 will not lead to racial profiling. "If I tell my people to go out and look for A, B, and C, they're going to do it. They'll find some flimsy excuse like a tail light that's not working as a basis for a stop, which is a bunch of baloney."

The Dupnik rebellion: Pima's top cop says "no" to SB 1070 - KGUN 9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports

The Republiclowns (Thanks sweetie) would argue that they are only "enforcing the law."

Then why...ass-clown do you need to make a law to enforce the law?

How IDIOTIC is that?

Last edited:
Ask Sheriff Dupnik how he stops & detains"these people" for the border patrol?
What does he ask for in order to determine if "these people" are here legally or illeally?
Green cards that's what (Papers)
What a farce!!!!
I am always stoped in pima county when one of my tail lights are out and I'm white!
They stop anybody who has a tail light out - black ,white, aisian, indian, all are stopped and given a warning or a fine.

Last edited:
When Barry and his federales start enforcing the law, Arizona won't have to.

When exactly does he plan on doing that BTW?

12386648_BG1.jpg

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Pima County's top lawman says he has no intention of enforcing Arizona's controversial crackdown on illegal immigration. Sheriff Clarence Dupnik calls SB 1070 "racist," "disgusting," and "unnecessary."

Speaking Tuesday morning with KGUN9's Steve Nunez, Dupnik made it clear that while he will not comply with the provisions of the new law, nor will he let illegal immigrants go free. "We're going to keep doing what we've been doing all along," Dupnik said. "We're going to stop and detain these people for the Border Patrol."

The sheriff acknowledged that this course of action could get him hauled into court. SB 1070 allows citizens to sue any law enforcement official who doesn't comply with the law. But Dupnik told Nunez that SB 1070 would force his deputies to adopt racial profiling as an enforcement tactic, which Dupnik says could also get him sued. "So we're kind of in a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation. It's just a stupid law."

Dupnik had harsh words for anyone who thinks SB 1070 will not lead to racial profiling. "If I tell my people to go out and look for A, B, and C, they're going to do it. They'll find some flimsy excuse like a tail light that's not working as a basis for a stop, which is a bunch of baloney."

The Dupnik rebellion: Pima's top cop says "no" to SB 1070 - KGUN 9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports
Smart man
He doesn't want to be caught up in a federal civil right's case and an ACLU law suite.

If the police stop people they suspect of being illegal, there is just no way they can avoid stomping over legal residents civil rights. It is going to happen.

The Republiclowns (Thanks sweetie) would argue that they are only "enforcing the law."

How IDIOTIC is that?

why dont you answer that Marc....if they (the feds) are not enforcing the law....what should the States do?....

12386648_BG1.jpg

Then Sheriff Dipstick will be fired for NOT enforcing the law....simple as that. If Sheriff Dipstick is so insecure about his deputies not following the law HE has failed as a leader and should be fired IMMEDIATELY. Funny how he has all of a sudden, lost complete confidence in his entire staff. The Sheriff is a failure!!!

if sheriff dipshit doesn't want to enforce the law he should resign his position.

Ask Sheriff Dupnik how he stops & detains"these people" for the border patrol?
What does he ask for in order to determine if "these people" are here legally or illeally?
Green cards that's what (Papers)
What a farce!!!!
I am always stoped in pima county when one of my tail lights are out and I'm white!
They stop anybody who has a tail light out - black ,white, aisian, indian, all are stopped and given a warning or a fine.

You are ALWAYS stop(p)ed in Pima County when one your lights is out. That's really quite funny, reading your post made me think of the expression "the lights were on, but nobody was at home".

12386648_BG1.jpg

Fuck Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, and not in a fun way.

Arpaio for President in 2012!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tfIKUZ0fY]YouTube - Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Chain Gang Tent City[/ame]

He had me at stripped pajamas....we have crime victims in our circle, and he feels me.

A criminal is not someone to cuddle, give "amnesty" to or buy a new teddy bear.

12386648_BG1.jpg

Fire him immediately!

IMMEDIATELY!

He is not protecting the citizens of Pima County as it is!

Fire this clown!

Fire him. He has an obligation to follow the law. And if he thinks his deputies are profiling, then he has an obligation to fire them and hire ones that won't.

Ah, Jethro DUD and his right wing pea brains are on a chain gang rant...

How IDIOTIC is that?

why dont you answer that Marc....if they (the feds) are not enforcing the law....what should the States do?....

Well obviously The States should make the hardworking new arrivals comfortable & welcome. Deliver their babies, provide public info in the language they prefer, get them on the voter roles, educate their little ones in a comfortable familar language, harshly punish any unwelcoming redneck.........in general make that Red State Blue

Last edited:

Forum List

Back