Arizona official may keep Obama off ballot

Tell the feds that as they arrest the person for ignoring the interstate compacts that control these issues. The AZ official cannot remove Obama from the ballot legally.

But you can show us the "authority" if you have it.
I've got the statutes from Hawaii that allows the Arizona Secretary of State to see Obama's vital records (birth certificate) to make sure he is a natural born Citizen to be on the ballot.

Hawaii Dept of Health Statute HRS 338-18. See number 3 here:

g) The department shall not issue a verification in lieu of a certified copy of any such record, or any part thereof, unless it is satisfied that the applicant requesting a verification is:

(1) A person who has a direct and tangible interest in the record but requests a verification in lieu of a certified copy;

(2) A governmental agency or organization who for a legitimate government purpose maintains and needs to update official lists of persons in the ordinary course of the agency's or organization's activities;

(3) A governmental, private, social, or educational agency or organization who seeks confirmation of a certified copy of any such record submitted in support of or information provided about a vital event relating to any such record and contained in an official application made in the ordinary course of the agency's or organization's activities by an individual seeking employment with, entrance to, or the services or products of the agency or organization;

Good. Which means that the official if he keeps Obama off the ballot is violating the law, which means he will be arrested by either federal or state official for violating the office. And if AZ violates the law itself, then the federal electoral commission will throw the AZ ballots in the waste basket.
No, the Secretary of State is not violating the law. He can omit any candidate from the ballot if he finds they have not satisfied the requirement to hold the office they seek in Arizona.

Go find out and tell us bigrebnc. You have grown somewhat in your writing and research skills, if not in the logic and analysis required for grown ups. Find us the info, and we will tell you what it means. Good boy. Go.

Go find out and tell us bigrebnc. You have grown somewhat in your writing and research skills, if not in the logic and analysis required for grown ups. Find us the info, and we will tell you what it means. Good boy. Go.

I know the answer dumb ass apparently you don't. You said

He can't keep Obama off the ballot legally. He violates his office, he can be arrested, jailed, and wait for bail.
Now my question is has anyone ever been kept off the ballot?
And yes I know the answer.

Then go find out for us. If you know, tell us. Why don't we look for it, because your answer means nothing to the discussion. Obama is on the AZ ballot, he will remain there, or the electoral commission will invalidate AZ's eleven votes.

Then go find out for us. If you know, tell us. Why don't we look for it, because your answer means nothing to the discussion. Obama is on the AZ ballot, he will remain there, or the electoral commission will invalidate AZ's eleven votes.

I don't need too find out however you are making a false claim that someone will get in trouble if obama is not allowed on the ballot.
So I ask you too support your false claim by asking you
has anyone ever been kept off a ballot?

He can't keep Obama off the ballot legally. He violates his office, he can be arrested, jailed, and wait for bail.
Maybe Fakey can tell the Class where in the Constitution the right to vote in a Federal election exists?

Maybe Fakey can tell the Class where in the Constitution the right to vote in a Federal election exists?

Don't expect much he can't even answer my simple question.:lol:

I don't need too find out however you are making a false claim that someone will get in trouble if obama is not allowed on the ballot. So I ask you too support your false claim by asking you has anyone ever been kept off a ballot?

Deflection and unnecessary question.

Who will be hurt if Obama is off the ballot. The votes of AZ, whose votes won't be counted in DC.

I don't need too find out however you are making a false claim that someone will get in trouble if obama is not allowed on the ballot. So I ask you too support your false claim by asking you has anyone ever been kept off a ballot?

Deflection and unnecessary question.

Who will be hurt if Obama is off the ballot. The votes of AZ, whose votes won't be counted in DC.

How is my question a deflection and unnecessary? My question has precedence. Has anyone ever been kept off the ballot of a state or a group of states?

and if they omitt Obama their asses will be in big trouble

Has anyone ever been kept off a ballot for president?
Yes, in 1968 in Hawaii and New York. His name was Eldridge Cleaver.

He was a Presidential candidate in 1968 on the ticket of the Peace and Freedom Party.[ Cleaver was born on August 31, 1935, and therefore would not have been the requisite 35 years of age until more than a year after Inauguration Day 1969. (Although the Constitution requires that the President be 35 years of age, it does not specify if he must have reached that age at the time of nomination, or election, or inauguration.) Courts in both Hawaii and New York held that he could be excluded from the ballot because he could not possibly meet the Constitutional criteria

Also there was a democratic presidential candidate named Sal Mohamed that was kicked off the state ballots in New Hampshire back in 08 because he was found to not be a natural born citizen according to New Hampshire state election statutes.

Last edited:
and if they omitt Obama their asses will be in big trouble

He was a Presidential candidate in 1968 on the ticket of the Peace and Freedom Party.[ Cleaver was born on August 31, 1935, and therefore would not have been the requisite 35 years of age until more than a year after Inauguration Day 1969. (Although the Constitution requires that the President be 35 years of age, it does not specify if he must have reached that age at the time of nomination, or election, or inauguration.) Courts in both Hawaii and New York held that he could be excluded from the ballot because he could not possibly meet the Constitutional criteria

Also there was a democratic presidential candidate named Sal Mohamed that was kicked off the state ballots in New Hampshire back in 08 because he was found to not be a natural born citizen according to New Hampshire state election statutes.

So did anyone get into trouble because of this?

But I was thinking more along the lines of Lincoln

Just another r-wing extremist trying to circumvent the constitution. Looks like another r-wing wacko playing politics with our constitution.

Arizona official may keep Obama off ballot

The top elections official in Arizona says it is "possible" President Obama won't be listed on the state's November ballot because of questions about his birth certificate.

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett said in a radio interview that he's been trying for eight weeks to verify with the state of Hawaii the facts in Obama's birth certificate.

"I'm not playing to the birthers. I'm not a birther," Bennett told KFYI host Mike Broomhead on Thursday. "I believe the president was born in Hawaii -- at least I hope he was.

"But my responsibility as secretary of State is to make sure the ballots in Arizona are correct and that those people whose names are on the ballot have met the qualifications for the office they are seeking," he said.

The Republican official is exploring a 2014 race for governor.

All candidates that appear on ballots in the state must fulfill Bennett's undefined requirements? Does Bennett have lists of each and every candidate?

So did anyone get into trouble because of this?

But I was thinking more along the lines of Lincoln
I don't think so. They knocked them off prior to the general election.

Have a look at this little gem a someone found in the archives:

Ike needed birth certificate to run for president
Ike needed birth certificate to run for president / September 22, 2010 / Sonoran News

Elected 34th president of the United States in November 1952, Eisenhower made it through his first 62 years without any need for a birth certificate.

However, the need arose when he became a presidential candidate. Since Eisenhower was the oldest man to be elected president since James Buchanan over 100 years earlier, age was obviously not at issue. Instead, there was protocol in place for presidential candidates to provide proof of eligibility to appear on the ballot.

Forum List

Back