Arizona official may keep Obama off ballot

and if they omitt Obama their asses will be in big trouble

Has anyone ever been kept off a ballot for president?
Yes, in 1968 in Hawaii and New York. His name was Eldridge Cleaver.

He was a Presidential candidate in 1968 on the ticket of the Peace and Freedom Party.[ Cleaver was born on August 31, 1935, and therefore would not have been the requisite 35 years of age until more than a year after Inauguration Day 1969. (Although the Constitution requires that the President be 35 years of age, it does not specify if he must have reached that age at the time of nomination, or election, or inauguration.) Courts in both Hawaii and New York held that he could be excluded from the ballot because he could not possibly meet the Constitutional criteria

Also there was a democratic presidential candidate named Sal Mohamed that was kicked off the state ballots in New Hampshire back in 08 because he was found to not be a natural born citizen according to New Hampshire state election statutes.

I believe there are often scads of third-party candidates who don't make it onto various state ballots. In their case, they're ineligible to appear for lack of petition signatures, but still . . .

Just another r-wing extremist trying to circumvent the constitution. Looks like another r-wing wacko playing politics with our constitution.

Arizona official may keep Obama off ballot

The top elections official in Arizona says it is "possible" President Obama won't be listed on the state's November ballot because of questions about his birth certificate.

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett said in a radio interview that he's been trying for eight weeks to verify with the state of Hawaii the facts in Obama's birth certificate.

"I'm not playing to the birthers. I'm not a birther," Bennett told KFYI host Mike Broomhead on Thursday. "I believe the president was born in Hawaii -- at least I hope he was.

"But my responsibility as secretary of State is to make sure the ballots in Arizona are correct and that those people whose names are on the ballot have met the qualifications for the office they are seeking," he said.

The Republican official is exploring a 2014 race for governor.

All candidates that appear on ballots in the state must fulfill Bennett's undefined requirements? Does Bennett have lists of each and every candidate?

They're not "undefined". We have these things in Arizona called "laws", you see. I realize that liberals aren't familiar with the concept of laws actually applying to them, so I can understand where you'd be confused . . . you know, aside from the fact that you're too dumb to come in out of the rain.

And yes, Bennett DOES have lists of each and every candidate appearing on the Arizona ballot. See, Mr. Bennett is what we call "The Secretary of State for the state of Arizona". Maintaining lists of candidates for the ballot is his job. (A job, for Peach and the other liberals among us, is something that one is paid to do.)

If the Obamination campaign can't produce a notarized legal birth certificate then the FBI needs to step in and investigate.

It's very simple, show the damn document.

He didn't even ask the campaign. He asked the state of Hawai'i, and all he asked them for was official verification. I fail to see why they're making such a big deal out of just sending it.

All this amounts to is pandering to the birther movement by a governor wannabe Secretary of State Kenny Bennett out for publicity.
How does one force the state they were born in to provide the original birth certificate instead of a certified copy?
One does not own the original, the state in which they were born owns that in most states and Hawaii is one of those states.
What makes this most interesting is Arizona Republican Governor Jan Brewer has labeled the birther movement "pests and distractions" and VETOED the Arizona birther bill HB 2177. Ole Jan can spot a whack job when she sees one and Secretary of State Kenny Boy fits the bill.
Bottom line is Kenny Boy is stretching Arizona law to those of us that do understand the law. Arizona law HAS NO requirement for candidates to provide a birth certificate to be on the ballot.
Case closed. Birthers are paranoid kooks.

Right, they should just roll over and play dead like you Liberals do.

The Arizona Sec. of State said he's been trying to verify the facts of Obama's B.C. but to no avail.

Obama can just end all this by showing his real B.C. but he can't because it doesn't exist.

Also, it looks more and more like I'm gonna' win the bet. Obama will NOT be on the ballot in all 50 states! :lol:

John McCain and George Romney, both Republicans, were foreign born..and ran for President.

Why no problem there..ace?
The AZ secretarty of state has not ruled out asking Romney for his birth certificate as was reported yesterday.

Of course, that would necessitate Arizona constituents petitioning the Secretary of State's office to question Romney's affidavit of eligibility. Probably unlikely.

If the Obamination campaign can't produce a notarized legal birth certificate then the FBI needs to step in and investigate.

He didn't even ask the campaign. He asked the state of Hawai'i, and all he asked them for was official verification. I fail to see why they're making such a big deal out of just sending it.

Because they do not have to. The original document always stays with the department there. Same in most states.
Plus you left out one key fact:
Hawaii asked for documentation that THE LAW in Arizona requires a birth certificate to be on the ballot.
And no law exists. Arizona has no such law.
Case closed. End of story. Much ado about NOTHING, same as ALL birther BS.

You folks understand the law?
The Secretary of State of Arizona HAS NO AUTHORITY to demand a birth certificate from ANY candidate running in Arizona as a requirement to be on the ballot.

The Hawaiian Department of Health has verified they hold the original Obama birth certificate for Obama how many times?
30? 40?
How many times do they have to do it?
They could to it 1,000,000,000,000 times and you birther kooks would still claim there was fraud.

Because they do not have to. The original document always stays with the department there. Same in most states.
Hawaii asked for documentation that THE LAW in Arizona requires a birth certificate to be on the ballot.

You really are illiterate, aren't you? I never said "send the original birth certificate", you troglodyte. They never ASKED for the original birth certificate! The asked for an official verfication, and THAT is what I said Hawai'i should send, which you would know if you could READ.

NOW the case is closed, shitforbrains.

You really are illiterate, aren't you? I never said "send the original birth certificate", you troglodyte. They never ASKED for the original birth certificate! The asked for an official verfication, and THAT is what I said Hawai'i should send, which you would know if you could READ.

NOW the case is closed, shitforbrains.

"official verification" is what?
They have provided a certified copy? What else is there?
Are you that naive and gullible?
What is the "official verification" that Hawaii should send?
Specifics.
You live in LA LA land.

Hawaii asked for specific verification that the Arizona Secretary of State was authorized to ask for such documents.
And THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY such authorization.
Can not believe how naive and gullible you folks are. You believe anything and everything you read on the internet.

Well Hawaii needs to send the Ken Bennett a original certified copy of Obama's long form birth certificate so it can be authenticated by independent document experts so it can be accepted under the FF&C. Do you agree?

No, Hawaii doesn't need to do anything except verify what was submitted to the SOS office is authentic. You really don't have a clue about the way this works do you? Go outside and play kid.
No, it is you that doesn't have a clue as your continued predilection for irrelevancy demonstrates. Hawaii hasn't submitted anything to the Arizona Secretary of State pertaining to Obama that is verifiable, nothing. If you think otherwise, present the evidence.

Look dumbass:

No state, be it Hawaii or Georgia or New York does anything when one of it's former residents runs for office. The candidate submits the paperwork or has someone do it for them--a surrogate, campaign official, etc...

The birth state of a candidate has no role in the filing of paperwork. Obviously the states do not have the manpower to do so. Whatever was filed with the SOS is either accepted or rejected by the SOS. The SOS certifies the paperwork or asks the states to verify if there is some question. If the SOS has problems, they don't call Hawaii or Georgia or New York. They tell the person trying to get on the ballot to come up with more information.

Birthers are so hilarious....and stupid.

No, it is you that doesn't have a clue as your continued predilection for irrelevancy demonstrates. Hawaii hasn't submitted anything to the Arizona Secretary of State pertaining to Obama that is verifiable, nothing. If you think otherwise, present the evidence.

You made the claim, the burdern of proof is yours, so get to it. Begin with 2008 and certification of the ballot in Arizona. You will find out what a fool you sound like.

Candycorn stated Hawaii submitted something to the Arizona Secretary of State. So far she can't present what it was. If you also think Hawaii sent Ken Bennett something that proves Obama is a natural born Citizen then submit your evidence to. 2008 is totally irrelevant now.
Bullshit.

I did not say anything like that.

The candidate is the one who submits the paperwork.

Perhaps the time has come for the State of Hawaii to start questioning the validity of birth certificates from those citizens who claim to be born in Arizona!

Last edited:
Perhaps the time has come for the State of Hawaii to start questioning the validity of birth certificates from those citizens who claim to be born in Arizona!

The entire topic is manufactured and there is no validity to the "just doing my job" stance. Imagine a state like California for example. Something like 37,000,000 people live there now. If you were to add in the number of people born there since, oh, 1912 and left, the number of birth certificates the state would have to keep on file and submit if one of their citizens decided to run for office would be something like 50-60 million.

Obviously, no state is going to do that and they shouldn't be in the business of doing it. Much less at the mere request of the SOS of another state.

Waiting for Hawaii? We're waiting for this guy to tell the truth .

That is what I was trying to say yesterday but the Terrapin Rye Pale Ale was talking!

He can't keep Obama off the ballot legally. He violates his office, he can be arrested, jailed, and wait for bail.

States make their election law and criteria... if he/she is within the legal boundaries of AZ... he will not be put in jail for Obamalama not being on the ballot

Tell the feds that as they arrest the person for ignoring the interstate compacts that control these issues. The AZ official cannot remove Obama from the ballot legally.

But you can show us the "authority" if you have it.

States make election laws for their states.. sorry.. it is the way it is

Your wrong, dave, that's the way it is. This issue is moot. But have the last word, please.

Forum List

Back