Arizona law backfires

Republicans don't understand that they are making their "big business" masters angry.

Why do you think big business has moved all those jobs overseas? Because they can get cheap labor and not have to pay health care or worry about worker safety. The Republican base is throwing a wrench into a well oiled machine.

What's racist about forcing people to hire only legal workers? That's a lot less racist than rounding them all up - this way they go home of their own free will, the way it should be.

I have no problem with the AZ law as it is written and if it is enforced professionally...however, there REALLY needs to be a focus on the Employers. Dry up the jobs, illegals go home on their own and a lot faster.

If the Arizona law is racist in your opinion, is federal law even more so since federal agents require no probable cause to question any individual about his or her immigration status?

And if so, does that make President Obama racist-in-chief?

Here in Reno, I have seen immigration stop a group of Hispanic men walking down Holcomb Ave and load them into their paddy wagon. I have heard people say they have seen the same thing.
I be my life they were illegal aliens, could not speak English, did not have identification and look like they just crossed the border. It was obvious they were illegal aliens and obvious they were racial profiled.
Sheriff Joe Arpiao and the Arizona law do not do this.

If the Arizona law is racist in your opinion, is federal law even more so since federal agents require no probable cause to question any individual about his or her immigration status?

Here in Reno, I have seen immigration stop a group of Hispanic men walking down Holcomb Ave and load them into their paddy wagon. I have heard people say they have seen the same thing.
I be my life they were illegal aliens, could not speak English, did not have identification and look like they just crossed the border. It was obvious they were illegal aliens and obvious they were racial profiled.

So, you are verifying that federalies can and do make random stops?

Federales, not federalies.

Arizona Anti-immigration laws unnesesary - CNN iReport

Yeap it is two years old and a reaction to a tuff law on employers of immigrants.

The new law has nothing to do with stopping employers from employing immigrants because this law is already in place.

The new law is designed to go after the non working family members of the legal workers I guess.

If all the illegals who were seeking work left then who is being rousted out by the new bill?

Yes they do. Unfortunately they don't do it often enough.

Yeap it is two years old and a reaction to a tuff law on employers of immigrants.

The new law has nothing to do with stopping employers from employing immigrants because this law is already in place.

The new law is designed to go after the non working family members of the legal workers I guess.

If all the illegals who were seeking work left then who is being rousted out by the new bill?

Who said all the illegal aliens left?

You should try reading the law before you make uninformed comments about it.

Who said all the illegal aliens left?

You should try reading the law before you make uninformed comments about it.

Uninformed comments is all Liesmatters knows.

Rick

I am so tired of seeing so called intelligent people against enforcing the U.S. federal laws regarding immigration. Let's see, this was sent to me, sorry for the caps. Many of us already know this, but apparently it has to be banged into the heads of a lot of very dense bleeding heart Americans.

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD
LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM
AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY
AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL
PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S.BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET
A JOB,
A DRIVERS LICENSE,
SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
WELFARE,
FOOD STAMPS,
CREDIT CARDS,
SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
FREE EDUCATION,
FREE HEALTH CARE,
A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR
LANGUAGE
THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU
DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

OH, and if you enter MEXICO Legally/illegally ............

If you LEGALLY immigrate to Mexico as a foreigner:

1. You must speak the native language
2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled workers allowed.
3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be
conducted in our language.
4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
5 Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.
6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no badmouthing our president or his policies, if you do you will be sent home.
**Moreover, if you come to Mexico ILLEGALLY, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.**

BRAVO :clap2: to all who support Arizona's enforcing the FEDERAL immigration laws, and anyone else who does what this Government in Washington D.C refuses to do.

I am so tired of seeing so called intelligent people against enforcing the U.S. federal laws regarding immigration. Let's see, this was sent to me, sorry for the caps. Many of us already know this, but apparently it has to be banged into the heads of a lot of very dense bleeding heart Americans.

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD
LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM
AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY
AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL
PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S.BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET
A JOB,
A DRIVERS LICENSE,
SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
WELFARE,
FOOD STAMPS,
CREDIT CARDS,
SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
FREE EDUCATION,
FREE HEALTH CARE,
A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR
LANGUAGE
THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU
DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

OH, and if you enter MEXICO Legally/illegally ............

If you LEGALLY immigrate to Mexico as a foreigner:

1. You must speak the native language
2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled workers allowed.
3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be
conducted in our language.
4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
5 Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.
6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no badmouthing our president or his policies, if you do you will be sent home.
**Moreover, if you come to Mexico ILLEGALLY, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.**

BRAVO :clap2: to all who support Arizona's enforcing the FEDERAL immigration laws, and anyone else who does what this Government in Washington D.C refuses to do.

I have no problem with the AZ law as written, but it just bamboozles me that someone would hold up the North Koreans, the Iranians, the Afghanistans, the Saudis, and the Chinese as someone to emulate. :doubt:

"racist anti-immigration law"...there is nothing racist or anti immigration about it. It's merely anti illegal.

Did it occur to them to put out the help wanted sign now? Maybe they could hire some Americans...lord knows there's enough of us that need the jobs, but no, they want to wait and put out the help wanted sign later, when the illegals are allowed in again and just complain in the meantime.

Republicans don't understand that they are making their "big business" masters angry.

Why do you think big business has moved all those jobs overseas? Because they can get cheap labor and not have to pay health care or worry about worker safety. The Republican base is throwing a wrench into a well oiled machine.

Because the laws were changed in the 70's, giving corporations the same rights as individuals and removing the regulation from them. You think otherwise, you're a fool.

Our jobs have been moving overseas for a long time this law has done nothing to increase that but go ahead and keep lying about it.

Forum List

Back