Are you working to be God?

Our works are limited. We cannot become like God on our own because we die and sin. Jesus Christ came to suffer and die to enable us to receive the grace necessary to become like God. We can overcome sin and death because of His sacrifice and His resurrection.

Come to Christ. Repent and be baptized. He will give you the Spirit and teach you the path of happiness
And if I don't, what happens when I die?

You face justice. You are held accountable for your actions

By who, and if you are speaking of Yahweh as judge, tell us if you would trust the judgement of a genocidal son murdering judge?

Regards
DL

Interesting point here Greatest. In the OT, when God revealed Himself to Abraham, one of the things he did was tell Abraham to take his son up the mountain and sacrifice him. Abraham did as he was told, but before Abraham could slaughter his son, God stopped him, and sent a ram to be sacrificed instead of his son.

If God did that for Abraham as a way to prove He was the One True God, then why would He sacrifice His Son?

Exactly. That is why this moral Bishop is putting morality above his party line, which all Christians should do by recognizing that there is no justice in punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

Most Christians would rather follow the more satanic tenet and put their tribal affiliations ahead of their moral sense.

Strange for a religion that says morals are the most important part of their religions.

There is a lot of hypocrisy and little thinking in Christians.

Regards
DL

Our works are limited. We cannot become like God on our own because we die and sin. Jesus Christ came to suffer and die to enable us to receive the grace necessary to become like God. We can overcome sin and death because of His sacrifice and His resurrection.

Come to Christ. Repent and be baptized. He will give you the Spirit and teach you the path of happiness

By who, and if you are speaking of Yahweh as judge, tell us if you would trust the judgement of a genocidal son murdering judge?

Regards
DL

Interesting point here Greatest. In the OT, when God revealed Himself to Abraham, one of the things he did was tell Abraham to take his son up the mountain and sacrifice him. Abraham did as he was told, but before Abraham could slaughter his son, God stopped him, and sent a ram to be sacrificed instead of his son.

If God did that for Abraham as a way to prove He was the One True God, then why would He sacrifice His Son?

Exactly. That is why this moral Bishop is putting morality above his party line, which all Christians should do by recognizing that there is no justice in punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

Most Christians would rather follow the more satanic tenet and put their tribal affiliations ahead of their moral sense.

Strange for a religion that says morals are the most important part of their religions.

Regards
DL

You know, we differ a bit on semantics concerning morals and values and ethics. But, this post demonstrates perfectly why I say that I have no morals, but rather have picked my own values and ethics that I live by.

Each religion has their own take on what is "moral" and what isn't, and quite often they differ widely.

And, I will listen to religion if they want to tell me how their path leads to a version of God, but I won't let them tell me how to live. I can figure that out for myself. And, interestingly enough, the values and ethics that I live by are more compassionate than the "morals" Christians tell us to live by.

I don't believe homosexuality is immoral, I believe it is natural and some new research says that sexuality is based in the structure of the brain, not based on the shape of your genitals.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You know, we differ a bit on semantics concerning morals and values and ethics. But, this post demonstrates perfectly why I say that I have no morals, but rather have picked my own values and ethics that I live by.

Each religion has their own take on what is "moral" and what isn't, and quite often they differ widely.

And, I will listen to religion if they want to tell me how their path leads to a version of God, but I won't let them tell me how to live. I can figure that out for myself. And, interestingly enough, the values and ethics that I live by are more compassionate than the "morals" Christians tell us to live by.

I don't believe homosexuality is immoral, I believe it is natural and some new research says that sexuality is based in the structure of the brain, not based on the shape of your genitals.

You show the value of free thinking and that value has always been apparent to Gnostic Christianity.

That is why Christians used their Inquisition against us as free thinking was not allowed.

You are correct on homosexuality. Religious discrimination without a just cause has been used against gays and women forever yet our governments allow the teaching and preaching of homophobia and misogyny. Curses to both of our socials manipulation and control masters who are slowing down our evolution to a better civilization.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You show the value of free thinking and that value has always been apparent to Gnostic Christianity.

That is why Christians used their Inquisition against us as free thinking was not allowed.

You are correct on homosexuality. Religious discrimination without a just cause has been used against gays and women forever yet our governments allow the teaching and preaching of homophobia and misogyny. Curses to both of our socials manipulation and control masters who are slowing down our evolution to a better civilization.

Regards
DL

You aren't a Gnostic. You are a humanist; an atheist.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

True that Gnostic Christianity is human based, which is a lot better than being supernaturally based, as it can then work with facts instead of Christian or Muslim fantasy thinking.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

True that Gnostic Christianity is human based, which is a lot better than being supernaturally based, as it can then work with facts instead of Christian or Muslim fantasy thinking.

Regards
DL

Actually it isn't. You are confusing that with humanists.

Forum List

Back