Are You Really Ready For The New Rule?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Given recent events, we are on a clear trajectory of doing away with due process and replacing it with howling Twitter and MSM mobs.

So, are you ready for the new Rule?

"You are guilty until proven innocent of anything a member of a preferred Political Identity FEELz you have done or are."

The implications are that anything a Preferred Political Identity Person thinks you believe, say, do or do not believe say or do, regardless of whether or not it's true, can be used to destroy your reputation, livelihood, privacy, financial assets...and liberty.

This is the way people in authoritarian societies live. So, are you ready to live completely as a cipher for the approved GroupThink du jour?

pop culture fad.

mob justice in the western days did the same thing. if people would stop feeding the idiots with recognition of their idiocy they'd fade out.

Given recent events, we are on a clear trajectory of doing away with due process and replacing it with howling Twitter and MSM mobs.

"You are guilty until proven innocent of anything a member of a preferred Political Identity FEELz you have done or are."

The implications are that anything a Preferred Political Identity Person thinks you believe, say, do or do not believe say or do, regardless of whether or not it's true, can be used to destroy your reputation, livelihood, privacy, financial assets...and liberty.

This is the way people in authoritarian societies live. So, are you ready to live completely as a cipher for the approved GroupThink du jour?
Look who got elected in 16.

After 8 years of hysteria over Obama, and decades over Hillary, you are really in no place to complain about people being guilty until proven innocent.

I think you all are underestimating the power and pervasiveness of Behavior Modification Media.

i think that its amazing at how far USA seems to be falling . If things keep going as they are i expect to see mob justice on the streets Bodicca . ----------------- just a comment .

Has someone been imprisoned because of "howling Twitter and MSM mobs"? If not, I'm not sure what this has to do with due process.

People certainly do seem unfortunately willing to accept claims of wrongdoing against those of opposing politics, but due process is about the law, not public opinion. :dunno:

Has someone been imprisoned because of "howling Twitter and MSM mobs"? If not, I'm not sure what this has to do with due process.

People certainly do seem unfortunately willing to accept claims of wrongdoing against those of opposing politics, but due process is about the law, not public opinion. :dunno:

I didn't say prison, did I? The impact of the new rule is that one's life is basically ruined.

After 8 years of hysteria over Obama, and decades over Hillary, you are really in no place to complain about people being guilty until proven innocent.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- aw well , that old saying that people will get what they DESERVE Applies i guess .

i think that its amazing at how far USA seems to be falling . If things keep going as they are i expect to see mob justice on the streets Bodicca . ----------------- just a comment .

Stalin and Robespierre would approve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- aw well , that old saying that people will get what they DESERVE Applies i guess .
So you are admitting they deserve millions of dollars in speaking fees and book deals? Hmm.

I didn't say prison, did I? The impact of the new rule is that one's life is basically ruined.

You did not say prison, but you did say due process, and again, due process is about the law, not public opinion. Public opinion has never been constrained by due process.

Like this is something new. Were you people just born last week?

How many people think that OJ is guilty even though he was found not so?

Do you not remember Gary Hart?

I wouldn’t call it new, just louder.

What the left really wants is to eliminate elections. Just have show elections. If the mob preferred candidate wins, overthrow the election.

You did not say prison, but you did say due process, and again, due process is about the law, not public opinion. Public opinion has never been constrained by due process.

I'll note that in a culture with a broad and proper Civil Society, mores of decency prevent an innocent person from being pilloried by the public opinion mob. Given that our Civil Society has basically collapsed to the point where anonymous people feel that it is appropriate to DOXX and destroy the lives of people who do things like refuse to bake wedding cakes or who donate to political causes they don't favor, every single person is at risk. Behavioral Modification Media has made this So Easy. Is this really how you want to live?

What the left really wants is to eliminate elections. Just have show elections. If the mob preferred candidate wins, overthrow the election.

What the Left really wants is control over each and every individual.

Well, it does become about due process when public opinion has been tainted and you are trying to find a jury.

Forum List

Back