Are You More Satisfied With The Economy Now...

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
...than you have been at any point in the last 10 years?

There are more restrictions for the average citizen to overcome their status and elevate in the current society. The only people who are gaining more income are the 1%.

So, no, I'm not. I'm not satisfied.

What about you?

There are more restrictions for the average citizen to overcome their status and elevate in the current society. The only people who are gaining more income are the 1%.

What about you?
In no way should anyone be satisfied, not even the wealthy and super wealthy. Those that are enjoying moments of prosperity, are in reality, experiencing a false sense of security. Temporary financial gain makes everything look rosy and gold plated. But, we do not have a catalyst in place to fuel the economy, and ensure longevity of growth. No policies have been enacted to promote economic growth and stability. We're still drifting along, riding on the back of government debt, which is the only thing keeping our economy afloat.

I agree that many are doing better today than they were 3 or 4 years ago. But, the real indicators that would show forward sustainability are obviously absent. Our Middle Class has shrunk, and more of them have joined the ranks of the lower class than have joined the ranks of the upper class. The number of living wage jobs hasn't kept pace with our growing work force. We obviously still have the growing gap between wages and the cost of living. No matter how rosy the picture may look to some, lets not forget the number of citizens still receiving some form of government assistance and unemployment checks.

Without the government acting to engineer and enact workable doable policies that would blanket every sector of our economy, we'll have only limited positive pockets of economic recovery. A handful of economic growth pockets, scattered across the country, does not mean that the economy is booming and on firm ground. In my opinion, we're experiencing temporary relief, but still below the break even point to get us back to where we were 7 years ago. We're experiencing small peaks and valleys, fluctuating below the even par economic growth line.

What about you?
I am satisfied.

And if the 1% is working harder than I am, they deserve what they get.

BTW, what are these restrictions preventing you from overcoming your status(whatever that is) and preventing you from elevating your place in society?

If you spent as much time studying as you spend on the internet, you could be a doctor, lawyer or engineer.

Maybe even a community organizer.

What about you?
In no way should anyone be satisfied, not even the wealthy and super wealthy. Those that are enjoying moments of prosperity, are in reality, experiencing a false sense of security. Temporary financial gain makes everything look rosy and gold plated. But, we do not have a catalyst in place to fuel the economy, and ensure longevity of growth. No policies have been enacted to promote economic growth and stability. We're still drifting along, riding on the back of government debt, which is the only thing keeping our economy afloat.

I agree that many are doing better today than they were 3 or 4 years ago. But, the real indicators that would show forward sustainability are obviously absent. Our Middle Class has shrunk, and more of them have joined the ranks of the lower class than have joined the ranks of the upper class. The number of living wage jobs hasn't kept pace with our growing work force. We obviously still have the growing gap between wages and the cost of living. No matter how rosy the picture may look to some, lets not forget the number of citizens still receiving some form of government assistance and unemployment checks.

Without the government acting to engineer and enact workable doable policies that would blanket every sector of our economy, we'll have only limited positive pockets of economic recovery. A handful of economic growth pockets, scattered across the country, does not mean that the economy is booming and on firm ground. In my opinion, we're experiencing temporary relief, but still below the break even point to get us back to where we were 7 years ago. We're experiencing small peaks and valleys, fluctuating below the even par economic growth line.

Middle class has voted itself out of existence.

They fell for the Dem spin, and the chickens are coming home to roost.

50+ years of the War on Poverty, and poverty won, and the poor are angrier, more numerous, and much better armed.

When it all collapses, the poor will eat the livers of the former middle class.

Forum List

Back