Are you for Obama Assassinating American Citizens?...

With the stipulation that they've becoming an enemy combatant in a war vs. terrorists? Yes.

IF they take up arms against the government, OR are hiding out in a military style compound and bringing them to justice would risk further lives OR as was the case with Bin Laden and the military commanders on the ground decide that dead is the best option. Then fuck them.

Should an American be killed simply for disagreeing with official policy? Absolutely not.

Unless he has renounced his citizenship, we can't just kill him. We can ask the government of the country he is in to turn him over, if they chose not to, then I think we are clear to go get him.

He is to be captured and put on trial, not just murdered.

I disagree if he's declared himself an enemy combatant in a war against us, and not just an international criminal.

It looks like the U.S.,UN,and NATO are are now trying to make Assassination morally acceptable. This is a big change in their approach on Assassinations. They are currently trying to murder Gaddafi and his whole Family on a daily basis. And then there's the Awlaki assassination attempt. I think this stuff will likely come back to bite the U.S.,UN,and NATO at some point.

Unless he has renounced his citizenship, we can't just kill him. We can ask the government of the country he is in to turn him over, if they chose not to, then I think we are clear to go get him.

I disagree if he's declared himself an enemy combatant in a war against us, and not just an international criminal.

If he's declared himself to be at war, then sure, he's on the to do list, and any leader [except leaders of countries] can be.

If he's declared himself to be at war, then sure, he's on the to do list, and any leader [except leaders of countries] can be.

which he's done, so....anyhoo....:eusa_whistle:

It looks like the U.S.,UN,and NATO are are now trying to make Assassination morally acceptable. This is a big change in their approach on Assassinations. They are currently trying to murder Gaddafi and his whole Family on a daily basis. And then there's the Awlaki assassination attempt. I think this stuff will likely come back to bite the U.S.,UN,and NATO at some point.

I disagree on trying to kill Ghaddafi but we have to get Awlaki, this clown is responsible for motivating and inspiring Major Nidal Hassan and the Nigerian underwear bomber, we have to take him out before one of his operations becomes a success.

I do not know much about the case you mention. It is clearly illegal for the US Government to assasinate any unarmed citizen, but it happens. Israel, Americas closest ally, is famous for taking out unarmed citizens from all over the globe. The USA is clearly inspired by this method in its "War on Terror". The Geneva Convention is long out the window. I suppose if a government feels it is acting to preserve itself and protect its citizens from acts of war, they appear legally and morally justified.

Know this: Governments act in THEIR own best interests first, and not necessarily in the best interst of their citizens.

Last edited:

I disagree on trying to kill Ghaddafi but we have to get Awlaki, this clown is responsible for motivating and inspiring Major Nidal Hassan and the Nigerian underwear bomber, we have to take him out before one of his operations becomes a success.

Fair enough. But it is a very slippery-slope. You can't go all around the World assassinating people but then at the same time claim it's not right. I mean what did Gaddafi's Grandchildren have to do with anything? It is a big change in approach on assassinations for the U.S.,UN,and NATO. It could come back to bite em.

Fair enough. But it is a very slippery-slope. You can't go all around the World assassinating people but then at the same time claim it's not right. I mean what did Gaddafi's Grandchildren have to do with anything? It is a big change in approach on assassinations for the U.S.,UN,and NATO. It could come back to bite em.

I know, I don't agree with what is happening in Libya at all. I put Anwar and Ghaddafi in different categories, Ghaddafi is a head of state and has done nothing to try and harm Americans in decades, he has paid reparations for the Lockerbie bombings and has renounced terrorism, I don't get why we are trying to kill him now. Anwar on the other hand is not a head of state, he is an Al Qaeda leader in Yemen directly trying to work on attacking the US, with people like him its better to play offense than playing defense, if we have a chance to get him I say do it.

Forum List

Back