Are you for Obama Assassinating American Citizens?...

I like the idea of offing Al Awlaki. I hate the precedent it sets.

I'd prefer we not actively attempt to assassinate him but I certainly wouldn't mind if a drone blows up a compound where he is located.

Assissination, as gruesome as it is, can prevent a lot of horrid things from occuring and keep a total body count very low.

If the UN, did kill gaddafi, early, thousands of people would be alive today. Instead, we are killing soldiers that are following orders.

But that's an awfully sticky wicket. Imagine if other nations followed that premise. Imagine if Saddam offed GW Bush in order to prevent the deaths of thousands of Iraqis. I don't think that use of said policy would go over too well.

Well Saddam did try to kill Bush Sr when he visited Kuwait after the Gulf War, I am sure Al Qaeda wouldn't mind killing Obama or Hillary if they could it would be a good rep boost for them, I am sure they would do it if they could.

His attempt to assassinate GHW Bush was not an attempt to prevent a war.

Obama's assassination of OBL wasn't to prevent a war either.

No, which is why I said earlier that I hate the precedent an assassination sets. And since you seem to support assassination, you must have been in favor. right?

I'm an American, I oppose the killing of our leaders.

Politics really can be a lot of fun. Most of those who constantly whined about dunking a brutal Terrorist's head in some water (Water-Boarding),are now joyously celebrating and cheerleading for murdering Gaddafi's Son And Grandchildren,murdering Awlaki,and blowing Bin Laden's face off. Man,what a bunch of dishonest hypocrites those people are. If murdering Gaddafi's Son and Grandchildren isn't a War Crime,then what the hell is?

Of course not never, ever....

"That Barack Obama has continued the essence of the Bush/Cheney Terrorism architecture was once a provocative proposition but is now so self-evident that few dispute it (watch here as arch-neoconservative David Frum -- Richard Perle's co-author for the supreme 2004 neocon treatise -- waxes admiringly about Obama's Terrorism and foreign policies in the Muslim world and specifically its "continuity" with Bush/Cheney). But one policy where Obama has gone further than Bush/Cheney in terms of unfettered executive authority and radical war powers is the attempt to target American citizens for assassination without a whiff of due process. As The New York Times put it last April:

It is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing, officials said. A former senior legal official in the administration of George W. Bush said he did not know of any American who was approved for targeted killing under the former president. . . ."

_______________--

PS May be now the narcotized will snap out of it and realize that the "liberals" can be scumbags just like the "conservatives" can.

Last edited:
Politics really can be a lot of fun. Most of those who constantly whined about dunking a brutal Terrorist's head in some water (Water-Boarding),are now joyously celebrating and cheerleading for murdering Gaddafi's Son And Grandchildren,murdering Awlaki,and blowing Bin Laden's face off. Man,what a bunch of dishonest hypocrites those people are. If murdering Gaddafi's Son and Grandchildren isn't a War Crime,then what the hell is?

I guess this stuff is only war crimes if the person doing it is the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHH.

His attempt to assassinate GHW Bush was not an attempt to prevent a war.

Obama's assassination of OBL wasn't to prevent a war either.

True enough. It was, however, part of a strategy to prevent further attacks that kill innocents (and it did yield such information).

I would have preferred we took him alive, same with Awlaki. But I'm not the one with his ass on the line dropping into hostile territory to invade a presumed-heavily armed compound under cover of darkness.

Unless he has renounced his citizenship, we can't just kill him. We can ask the government of the country he is in to turn him over, if they chose not to, then I think we are clear to go get him.

He is to be captured and put on trial, not just murdered.

I disagree if he's declared himself an enemy combatant in a war against us, and not just an international criminal.

If he's declared himself to be an enemy of the US, then he's a traitor.

We shoot traitors in time of war, and well......this is considered a war on terrorism.

Find the fucker, send in a drone and make him into a crater.

Guys a straight up traitor and I have no problem with offing his sorry dirtbag ass.

I guess this stuff is only war crimes if the person doing it is the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHH.

But of course.

The eventual road to morphing into a fascist state begins when we set a precedent of giving a President, any sitting or future President, the unchecked and unfettered power to be judge, jury, and executioner of a U.S. citizen.

The eventual road to morphing into a fascist state begins when we set a precedent of giving a President, any sitting or future President, the unchecked and unfettered power to be judge, jury, and executioner of a U.S. citizen.

Awlaki is no different than Bin Laden or Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, except that he happened to be born on American soil, why should that make him untouchable? he is engaged in a war against the US and is fair game.

Depends if the citizen in question has joined an armed conflict against the USA or not..

For you fascists, it depends only on who gave the kill order. If Bush, it's a war crime, if Obama it's BRILLIANT...

Projecting again? Or perhaps you'd like to see a few more dead Americans on American soil so you could have the chance to berate the President for not protecting us from a known threat?

But then again perhaps you're an Anwar al-Awlaki fan huh?

Awlaki is no different than Bin Laden or Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, except that he happened to be born on American soil, why should that make him untouchable? he is engaged in a war against the US and is fair game.

As detestable as he is, he is still a U.S. citizen and is afforded the same due process rights as you or I.
We are playing with fire here. As much as all of us wanted to see Timothy McVeigh taken out to a courtyard and shot without due process, he was a U.S. citizen with rights.
Think about it and don't succumb to a mob mentality. You are smarter than that....I think.

Unless he has renounced his citizenship, we can't just kill him. We can ask the government of the country he is in to turn him over, if they chose not to, then I think we are clear to go get him.

He is to be captured and put on trial, not just murdered.

I disagree if he's declared himself an enemy combatant in a war against us, and not just an international criminal.

If he's declared himself to be an enemy of the US, then he's a traitor.

We shoot traitors in time of war, and well......this is considered a war on terrorism.

Find the fucker, send in a drone and make him into a crater.

Drone attacks also kill children on thier way to school.

If we are going to assissinate people, we need to make sure we are murdering the right person.

As detestable as he is, he is still a U.S. citizen and is afforded the same due process rights as you or I.
We are playing with fire here. As much as all of us wanted to see Timothy McVeigh taken out to a courtyard and shot without due process, he was a U.S. citizen with rights.
Think about it and don't succumb to a mob mentality. You are smarter than that....I think.

The authorities were able to grab McVeigh and put him on trial, Awlaki is behind enemy lines in Yemen waging war on the US, if we are able to capture him fine but if we know where his location is a drone strike would be acceptable to me. If McVeigh fled the country and was hiding in Iran or something I would be ok with a strike on him too.

That's a good point. However, we should be able to try him w/o him being present, correct?

I'd rather not have to explain to a grieving mother; "Well, at least you know we didn't murder him in cold blood, while you are buring your kid."

The authorities were able to grab McVeigh and put him on trial, Awlaki is behind enemy lines in Yemen waging war on the US, if we are able to capture him fine but if we know where his location is a drone strike would be acceptable to me. If McVeigh fled the country and was hiding in Iran or something I would be ok with a strike on him too.

Gotcha. It's okay if it doesn't happen on U.S. soil. The precedent is still set and what's to say some future Prez deems a segment of U.S. citizens treasonous. A future predator strike may be coming to a neighborhood near you.

Forum List

Back