Are you for Obama Assassinating American Citizens?...

Depends if the citizen in question has joined an armed conflict against the USA or not. This POS inspired several acts of violence against innocent civilians resulting in many deaths. So yes I am all for the President ordering the assassinating Anwar al-Awlaki.

Unless he has renounced his citizenship, we can't just kill him. We can ask the government of the country he is in to turn him over, if they chose not to, then I think we are clear to go get him.

He is to be captured and put on trial, not just murdered.

I disagree if he's declared himself an enemy combatant in a war against us, and not just an international criminal.

If he's declared himself to be at war, then sure, he's on the to do list, and any leader [except leaders of countries] can be.

Actually Executive Order 12333 makes NO mention of leaders of foreign countries. It bars assassination PERIOD. BUT certain accommodations have been made since 1988 for persons connected to terrorism, and foreign leaders are not exempt from those accommodations.

I like the idea of offing Al Awlaki. I hate the precedent it sets.

I'd prefer we not actively attempt to assassinate him but I certainly wouldn't mind if a drone blows up a compound where he is located.

Bombings and drone attacks are not for killing a person. They are for killing people at a certain longitude-latitude.

That's how the UN missed kaddifi and killed some members of his family.

I'd prefer we not actively attempt to assassinate him but I certainly wouldn't mind if a drone blows up a compound where he is located.

Assissination, as gruesome as it is, can prevent a lot of horrid things from occuring and keep a total body count very low.

If the UN, did kill gaddafi, early, thousands of people would be alive today. Instead, we are killing soldiers that are following orders.

Assissination, as gruesome as it is, can prevent a lot of horrid things from occuring and keep a total body count very low.

If the UN, did kill gaddafi, early, thousands of people would be alive today. Instead, we are killing soldiers that are following orders.

But that's an awfully sticky wicket. Imagine if other nations followed that premise. Imagine if Saddam offed GW Bush in order to prevent the deaths of thousands of Iraqis. I don't think that use of said policy would go over too well.

But that's an awfully sticky wicket. Imagine if other nations followed that premise. Imagine if Saddam offed GW Bush in order to prevent the deaths of thousands of Iraqis. I don't think that use of said policy would go over too well.

That's entirely true. WW1 was set off from an assissination.

however, Isreal does it on a fairly regular basis, if the rumors are true, and they have suffered no consequinces for thier actions.

Basically, if it's done, it's not bragged about later.

But that's an awfully sticky wicket. Imagine if other nations followed that premise. Imagine if Saddam offed GW Bush in order to prevent the deaths of thousands of Iraqis.

He did, or at least he tried to assassinate George HW Bush.

His attempt to assassinate GHW Bush was not an attempt to prevent a war.

I assume you approved of that, yes?

No, which is why I said earlier that I hate the precedent an assassination sets. And since you seem to support assassination, you must have been in favor. right?

But that's an awfully sticky wicket. Imagine if other nations followed that premise. Imagine if Saddam offed GW Bush in order to prevent the deaths of thousands of Iraqis.

He did? Never heard of that.

tactically speaking, it is a great idea to take out your enemies leader.

He did? Never heard of that.

tactically speaking, it is a great idea to take out your enemies leader.

Saddam tried to have HW Assassinated... It's part of the Left's Mocking of W's going after Saddam...

"He went after my Daddeh!"...

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back