Are you a Trump loyalist? However remote the possibility, try, even if for a moment, to consider these things:

Okay, two things:

First, in a vacuum, being critical of Trump on some talk show or podcast or internet message board is one thing. It's low-hanging fruit, it's easy, it's an incredibly target-rich environment. But it's not the core problem here, and I think it's best left to the relatively shallow venues I mention above.

Second, the problem here (as I see it, anyway) requires us to look at this disaster from a 20,000 foot, sociological perspective: What has happened to this country when a person like this can attract such adoration and influence? I've said it a thousand times: It's not about Trump at all. It's about us.

I fully agree with your comments about their media, and it's my opinion that the alternate universe began the day Limbaugh went national. I think the influence of these people is a terribly under-discussed element here. They have turned hyper-partisan politics into a lifestyle. Once a contagion like this is in our very culture, it's terribly difficult to fix.

But again, Trump is low-hanging fruit for casual conversation, a catharsis. But that's all he is. He ain't the problem.
In 1973 Joe was not spouting trannie agendas. And crapping on children who are victims of attacks from the same. The destruction of the hetero nuclear family started around then also.

Yes, like I wrote in the OP,

Why is 'TDS' a thought-terminating cliché?
Just a continuation by BDS when Bush was president.
Not much thought goes into the cult mentality
They have FOX do their thinking.
That includes their politicians.
Your intent on mentioning is to kill the conversation, and it also serves to curtail your critical thinking skills. That is true because that term only resonates in the right wing brain.

Demagogues implant thought-terminating clichés in your brain via repetition, because they want you compliant, complicit, and complacent.

Unless you can snap out of your stupor, you'll never know it is happening to you.

Cheers,
Rumpole.

Over the years, I have witnessed a phenomenon occurring primarily on the right, that many of those on the right, which has burgeoned since Trump (though it has been going on for much longer than that), that their minds have become a bucket of mush filled with thought-terminating clichés ("TDS" "deep state" "fake news" "commies" "leftists" etc) and tired right wing tropes which are engineered to curb critical thinking and kill dissent, with the specific purpose of making the base compliant, complicit, and complacent.

As a man of 72 years, I've heard similar tropes going back to the days of the John Birch Society in the 60s. Their radical views were tolerated by the conservative leaders, but they gradually took things too far and William F Buckley, the granddad of conservatism during those years, as the founding member of the National Review, pushed the group to the sidelines. Once Buckley passed, the right no longer had a filter, and the group morphed into the T party, then the Freedom caucus, and now they are the MAGA movement, and in Trump, they have found their champion Trump, slightly older than myself, must be acutely aware of the history of the GOP, and how to manipulate their flock, and he easily took over the party, he knew the tropes they wanted to hear.

Make no mistake, Trump does not believe a word of what he says, he knows the types of right wing thought-terminating clichés will control his fock, and controlling his base is all he is interested in. In fact, Trump has changed parties no less than 6 times. During his Celeb Apprentice days, he was a democrat, we have videos of him praising democrats during this time, and this is because he knew that celebs are mostly liberal, and naturally he was a dem to curry favor with celebs. But to run for president, he knew the right would be much more receptive to a billionaire, so suddenly, he is now a 'Republican'. The point is, he is whatever the situation demands, he has no core values, he is the quintessential opportunist, the word's greatest conman, and PT Barnum would have loved him, and WC Field's famous quote, "You can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool some of the people some of the time, and........it's just enough to make a good living".

Ask yourself: Why does a billionaire solicit donations? Well, for a conman, if one can, then, why not?

THere is a reason Trump is under attack. It's not because of blind hatred. It's because we, on the left, are not infected by Trump, he has chosen your side so it is much easier for us to see right through his methods. He's using all the same tricks every demagogue in history has used, and it's so obvious I wish I could get on the roofs across the land and shout it, but the right's minds are closed, Trump has successfully mesmerized millions, and they are compliant, complicit, and complacent, it's as if it were right out of an Orwellian script. We loath Trump BECAUSE he doesn't have your interest in mind, only that of Trump, and we don't want such a man ever to have his finger on the nuke football, if you don't mind. This isn't blind, this is well reasoned, well thought out and well understood.

Our intentions are just, and for the national interest. Trump is a threat to US National Security, and he must be stopped by any legal means possible. It is sad that many on the right cannot see it, but there it is. But some sensible souls on the right are with us, such as the good folks over at the Lincoln Project. Read Rick Wilson's book, 'Everything Trump Touches, Dies'. Listen to the videos of Steve Schmidt, another co-founder of the Lincoln Project. it is their goal to resuscitate the GOP to it's original conservative traditions and roots, and Trump has taken it astray, and they know, as we know, he is taking the GOP right over a proverbial cliff. His movement will be disastrous, should Trump win a second term. His only motivation now, is not policies for the good of our country, his motivation is REVENGE, and only revenge, and that is the wrong reason to be president.

Once the MAGA cultist's brain is infected, it appears that for most, there is no escape, resistance, it seems, for many, is futile. They have been programed, via months and months of repetition and propagandistic oratory and TV punditry by Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Mark Levin et al., causing the MAGA base to hate the left and accuse the left of that which they are complicit, which IS the intent of the program by their right wing controllers, who do not have their (or your) best interests in mind, only that of Trump and his ilk. These facts are coming to light in the Dominion law suit. Fox pundits have knowingly been going along with the scheme and have been intentionally lying to their base. However, Fox will not report on the Dominion law suit, but you will find all about it on YouTube.

Some have made it out, but few are so able.

If you haven't, try and escape, you'll be glad you did.

Cheers,
Rumpole.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Okay, two things:

First, in a vacuum, being critical of Trump on some talk show or podcast or internet message board is one thing. It's low-hanging fruit, it's easy, it's an incredibly target-rich environment. But it's not the core problem here, and I think it's best left to the relatively shallow venues I mention above.

Second, the problem here (as I see it, anyway) requires us to look at this disaster from a 20,000 foot, sociological perspective: What has happened to this country when a person like this can attract such adoration and influence? I've said it a thousand times: It's not about Trump at all. It's about us.

I fully agree with your comments about their media, and it's my opinion that the alternate universe began the day Limbaugh went national. I think the influence of these people is a terribly under-discussed element here. They have turned hyper-partisan politics into a lifestyle. Once a contagion like this is in our very culture, it's terribly difficult to fix.

But again, Trump is low-hanging fruit for casual conversation, a catharsis. But that's all he is. He ain't the problem.
demofks had no answer for Limbaugh except to lie every day and every way about him. All he did was present data. Every show, if a demofk was on the line, he had them on his airway first, ahead of any conservative. He let them expose themselves. It drove the demofks fking nuts. To date, the demofks haven't figured out this complex conservative thing, having a differing opinion about america. You either believe them or else your life is for shit.

Come on now, you know that to be true.

Brevity is the soul of wit.
Ah yes, that stupendous commodity, wit. Wit is good, one liners are good, if you are trying to be

Funny.

And here's one from the philosophical funny man himself, Voltaire:

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

My word, if anyone should know about the soul of wit, it would be Voltaire.

So I'll remember your little aphorism that the next time I crack open the Federalist Papers, or Wealth Of Nations, which is to say, serious works.

Humbly tendered,
Rumpole

Ah yes, that stupendous commodity, wit. Wit is good, one liners are good, if you are trying to be

Funny.

And here's one from the philosophical funny man himself, Voltaire:

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

My word, if anyone should know about the soul of wit, it would be Voltaire.

So I'll remember your little aphorism that the next time I crack open the Federalist Papers, or Wealth Of Nations, which is to say, serious works.

Humbly tendered,
Rumpole

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one that hears it,
Does it make a sound?

Why is 'TDS' a thought-terminating cliché? Your intent on mentioning is to kill the conversation,
what conversation is it being killed? Give us an example. your OP is classic TDS, and honestly, I give two shits you posted it. it merely confirms the TDS acronym. You can't even give an example of why Trump bothers you so much you act out as a stupid fk!!! My dollar is he never came in contact with you in your life. He hasn't done one thing that you could show affected you personally negative, and yet you created this OP.

Dude, that is classic TDS.

demofks had no answer for Limbaugh except to lie every day and every way about him. All he did was present data. Every show, if a demofk was on the line, he had them on his airway first, ahead of any conservative. He let them expose themselves. It drove the demofks fking nuts. To date, the demofks haven't figured out this complex conservative thing, having a differing opinion about america. You either believe them or else your life is for shit.

Smokin' OP , thanks for confirming my post.

Over the years, I have witnessed a phenomenon occurring primarily on the right, that many of those on the right, which has burgeoned since Trump (though it has been going on for much longer than that), that their minds have become a bucket of mush filled with thought-terminating clichés ("TDS" "deep state" "fake news" "commies" "leftists" etc) and tired right wing tropes which are engineered to curb critical thinking and kill dissent, with the specific purpose of making the base compliant, complicit, and complacent.

As a man of 72 years, I've heard similar tropes going back to the days of the John Birch Society in the 60s. Their radical views were tolerated by the conservative leaders, but they gradually took things too far and William F Buckley, the granddad of conservatism during those years, as the founding member of the National Review, pushed the group to the sidelines. Once Buckley passed, the right no longer had a filter, and the group morphed into the T party, then the Freedom caucus, and now they are the MAGA movement, and in Trump, they have found their champion Trump, slightly older than myself, must be acutely aware of the history of the GOP, and how to manipulate their flock, and he easily took over the party, he knew the tropes they wanted to hear.

Make no mistake, Trump does not believe a word of what he says, he knows the types of right wing thought-terminating clichés will control his fock, and controlling his base is all he is interested in. In fact, Trump has changed parties no less than 6 times. During his Celeb Apprentice days, he was a democrat, we have videos of him praising democrats during this time, and this is because he knew that celebs are mostly liberal, and naturally he was a dem to curry favor with celebs. But to run for president, he knew the right would be much more receptive to a billionaire, so suddenly, he is now a 'Republican'. The point is, he is whatever the situation demands, he has no core values, he is the quintessential opportunist, the word's greatest conman, and PT Barnum would have loved him, and WC Field's famous quote, "You can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool some of the people some of the time, and........it's just enough to make a good living".

Ask yourself: Why does a billionaire solicit donations? Well, for a conman, if one can, then, why not?

THere is a reason Trump is under attack. It's not because of blind hatred. It's because we, on the left, are not infected by Trump, he has chosen your side so it is much easier for us to see right through his methods. He's using all the same tricks every demagogue in history has used, and it's so obvious I wish I could get on the roofs across the land and shout it, but the right's minds are closed, Trump has successfully mesmerized millions, and they are compliant, complicit, and complacent, it's as if it were right out of an Orwellian script. We loath Trump BECAUSE he doesn't have your interest in mind, only that of Trump, and we don't want such a man ever to have his finger on the nuke football, if you don't mind. This isn't blind, this is well reasoned, well thought out and well understood.

Our intentions are just, and for the national interest. Trump is a threat to US National Security, and he must be stopped by any legal means possible. It is sad that many on the right cannot see it, but there it is. But some sensible souls on the right are with us, such as the good folks over at the Lincoln Project. Read Rick Wilson's book, 'Everything Trump Touches, Dies'. Listen to the videos of Steve Schmidt, another co-founder of the Lincoln Project. it is their goal to resuscitate the GOP to it's original conservative traditions and roots, and Trump has taken it astray, and they know, as we know, he is taking the GOP right over a proverbial cliff. His movement will be disastrous, should Trump win a second term. His only motivation now, is not policies for the good of our country, his motivation is REVENGE, and only revenge, and that is the wrong reason to be president.

Once the MAGA cultist's brain is infected, it appears that for most, there is no escape, resistance, it seems, for many, is futile. They have been programed, via months and months of repetition and propagandistic oratory and TV punditry by Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Mark Levin et al., causing the MAGA base to hate the left and accuse the left of that which they are complicit, which IS the intent of the program by their right wing controllers, who do not have their (or your) best interests in mind, only that of Trump and his ilk. These facts are coming to light in the Dominion law suit. Fox pundits have knowingly been going along with the scheme and have been intentionally lying to their base. However, Fox will not report on the Dominion law suit, but you will find all about it on YouTube.

Cheers,
Rumpole.
I go by How economy is performing now compared to Joe Biden. What do you think people who cannot afford a house because of the astronomically high prices along with the high interest rates… when they were so much lower under Trump have to say? You might say it’s the ebs and flows of the market, but there’s always a bigger side to the story you see.

What do you say to the Russia Ukraine war starting under Joe Biden, what do we all say to that by the way. What do we say to the fact that under Biden over 50 countries are dropping the US dollar in trade. Major countries of the world are not using the United States dollar in trade what about that?

You talk about cultlike behaviors brother what more of a cult is there than black lives matter?

Donald Trump is clearly a character everybody knows this… he has always been outspoken…. he is a big-time businessman from New York City. As far as we know every politician is asking for donations these days.

under Trump the country performed a lot better than it is currently under Biden.

What more of a cult is there than Biden/blm supporting white people in this country who willingly believe that all white people are privileged including homeless white people living on the streets. What more needs to be said brother.

I hope you had an enjoyable Easter.

Last edited:

let me present you with a curious tale. Limbaugh, the man of the airwaves, never deigned to debate a Democrat – well, scarcely ever, save for the odd caller who dared to dial in. Interviews were not his cup of tea either, as he feared being challenged. One might say he was a bit of a coward. With Limbaugh, it was always his way or the highway, quite like a demagogue, never having your best interest in mind.

The chap earned himself a pretty penny, reaching up to $50 million a year in 2008, spewing three hours of vitriol against the left, all for the sole purpose of manipulating your thoughts and filling his pockets.

You see, back in the early '80s, I was a conservative myself, casting my ballot for Reagan, or rather Ed Clark, the libertarian. I made it a point to read from multiple sources. My employer would have Limbaugh on his radio whenever I stepped into the office. When asked if he ever listened to anyone else, he replied, "Nope." As the '80s wore on, I realized he wasn't quite truthful about the Democrats. Still, I remained a staunch conservative. I grew weary of arguing with the left, so I ventured to the LA library to dig up the relevant statistics of both Democratic and Republican presidents. The plan was to silence any liberal with cold, hard facts, putting an end to the debate. The trouble, however, was that the data showed the complete opposite.

It baffled me. How could the Democrats outdo the party of business? It seemed nonsensical, but as a man of numbers, I decided to switch parties when I realized the Democrats were better for America. Over time, I came to understand the fallacy of conservative thinking, particularly the idea that a nation should be run like a business. Public and private enterprises differ significantly. In a private enterprise, one must reward the productive and penalize or dismiss the nonproductive, lest the business fail. However, treating a nation like a business can lead to disastrous consequences, such as a revolution, which history has shown to be quite an unpleasant affair.

With a nation, you see, you cannot simply "fire or penalize the poor" in the hopes of boosting productivity. This is their home, and they have nowhere else to go. If you make them suffer too much for too long, they will revolt. Hence, a nation must take care of its poor to maintain its morale and stability. This is a concept conservatives fail to grasp.

Have a gander at www.presidentialdata.org, where you'll find that the hard stats favor the Democrats.

If I believed even half of the tales Limbaugh and his ilk spun about Democrats and liberals, I would still be a conservative. Alas, I cannot abide by falsehoods, which is to say, I can no longer hang with the right. I'm really glad I left, the right grew into such an awful party, with the rise of Trump, especially.

Cheers,
Rumpole.

I go by How economy is performing now compared to Joe Biden. What do you think people who cannot afford a house because of the astronomically high prices along with the high interest rates… when they were so much lower under Trump have to say? You might say it’s the ebs and flows of the market, but there’s always a bigger side to the story you see.
Both Trumps' $2 trillion stimulus, and Biden's $2 trillion stimulus, plus the world wide supply chain disruptions, caused the inflation.
Inflation is caused by the infusion of too much fiat currency into the marketplace faster than GDP can absorb the dollars, resulting in phenomenon where there are too many dollars chasing too few goods. The stimulus necessary to prop up the economy because of the massive shut downs due to the pandemic. There was no way to know how much was necessary, so both administrations deemed that it was better to do too much, than too little. so, too much caused inflation, and inflation is the price we payed in order to prevent what would have happened, massive depression and massive deflation, which are far worse.

But, of course, now the right it exploiting this for political points, as you are doing now.
What do you say to the Russia Ukraine war starting under Joe Biden, what do we all say to that by the way. What do we say to the fact that under Biden over 50 countries are dropping the US dollar in trade. Major countries of the world are not using the United States dollar in trade what about that?
The problem is systemic, and has been going on for decades. It's not a recent phenomenon. WE did fine with the world currency reserve was the pound sterling, so we will be okay. Don't let hysterics on the right freak you out.
You talk about cultlike behaviors brother what more of a cult is there than black lives matter?
BLM is a not a democratic phenomenon. It is a reaction to the floyd killing and a reaction against police brutality. That blacks tend t to vote for dems is an incidental fact, not a causal fact.
Donald Trump is clearly a character everybody knows this… he has always been outspoken…. he is a big-time businessman from New York City. As far as we know every politician is asking for donations these days.
I'll put it to yu this way. any billionaire who is a billionaire and not lying who is asking for donations is a crook, and those who give him money are suckers.
under Trump the country performed a lot better than it is currently under Biden.
That's not only false, both are doing relatively well, Jobs are about 3.5% under biden and that is the real measure of the economy. Anything under 4% is considered optimum. but under Trump, he killed any effort to tackle climate change.
That, for me, is the deal breaker. Trump is a threat to the National Security of the planet.
What more of a cult is there than Biden/blm supporting white people in this country who willingly believe that all white people are privileged including homeless white people living on the streets. What more needs to be said brother.
What more to be said? Simple, pure horseshit. Homelessness has always been a problem, and even more so when Reagan defunded mental health facilities when he was Gov in CA.

I just never thought I would see this here. Never, ever.

And no, we can't get rid of them, and frankly I really don't want to. I want all voices heard, loud and clear. But it sure would be nice if our society would nudge them back to the political fringe where they belong, rather than giving them so much power. When MTG is representing a major political party and is even mentioned for VP, this country is in serious peril. Something is clearly broken.
Greene is more of a real American than you. Fucking Leftist pondscum.

It's not that simple. The MAGAts are here to stay, yes. But we need to put them forceably back under their rocks and back into the caves. In otherwords, we need to start exercising our Laws which would start locking up more and more of the fruitcakes. Just claiming to support a Revolution should be enough to either fine or jail them for a short time.
House to house searches are necessary.

THere is a reason Trump is under attack. It's not because of blind hatred.
Total 100% lie....There have been numerous threads here over the years, asking you moonbats what issues of Trump's policy makes you so unhinged....Nearly all the following disagreements with his policy comes from the right, while the left engages usual litany of stale recriminations and general "ORANGE MAN BAD" mewling.
Even mentioning the Bush bootlicking neocon scum at the Pedo Project renders your alleged "just intentions" to be laughable.
Once the MAGA cultist's brain is infected, it appears that for most, there is no escape, resistance, it seems, for many, is futile. They have been programed, via months and months of repetition and propagandistic oratory and TV punditry by Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Mark Levin et al., causing the MAGA base to hate the left and accuse the left of that which they are complicit, which IS the intent of the program by their right wing controllers, who do not have their (or your) best interests in mind, only that of Trump and his ilk.
Project much?

Cheers,
Rumpole.
Guess what, Scooter, I don't vote at all....Trump is far more like you than not....Your disingenuous little screed can't paper that over.

Forum List

Back