"Are you a Fugitive from Justice?"

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
"Are you a Fugitive from Justice?"...

^That probably has to be the Silliest question ever asked on a Questionnaire...

It was asked on the one I filled out for my Conceal Carry Permit.

I answered this question "NO", obviously, and did so while sitting in the County Sherriff's Headquarters, conveniently located next to the brand spankin' new County Jail...

Had anyone EVER answered that specific question in the afirmative, they would not have had to have been walked too far from that Questionnaire to be processed into County.

Another interesting observation is about the placement of this particular Jail... It is within walking distance of a Boys and Girls Club and a Junior High School...

If there is a Prison Break, which do you think the Convicts will take Hostages at first?

What does this thread seek to accomplish?...

Maybe a Rationale answer to why that question is on the Questionnaire, and then why would a New County Jail be built so close to those (2) specific buildings?

There is plenty of room outside of this small town that this Facility could have been built.

:)

peace...

This question is also on every federal application for purchasing a firearm. I know it sounds silly, but it actually serves a purpose. During my time as a firearm salesman, believe it or not, I did have some people answer "yes" to that question, so I turned them away without a second thought. Now, the government knows that most people will put "NO" for the answer. When the firearms dealer calls the NICS-FBI background check and they discover that the person IS a fugitive from justice, not only can they capture them, but they can add another charge to their record...lying on a federal document.

This question is also on every federal application for purchasing a firearm. I know it sounds silly, but it actually serves a purpose. During my time as a firearm salesman, believe it or not, I did have some people answer "yes" to that question, so I turned them away without a second thought. Now, the government knows that most people will put "NO" for the answer. When the firearms dealer calls the NICS-FBI background check and they discover that the person IS a fugitive from justice, not only can they capture them, but they can add another charge to their record...lying on a federal document.

I can see someone being that Stupid at the Sporting Good's Store... But not at the Sherriff's HQ...

The Lady who was doing mine said she's Never seen anyone Mark YES for it.

peace...

I can see someone being that Stupid at the Sporting Good's Store... But not at the Sherriff's HQ...

peace...

Just offering my experience with the question. In the end, it really doesn't matter, because when they run a background check, it'll show whether or not they're a fugitive from justice. And you're right, there are a lot of stupid people who come into the sporting goods stores.

Food stamp applications also include the question "Do you or anyone in your household have an outstanding arrest warrant?"

Have yet to have anyone answer yes, and we all laugh when it gets asked because it's just idiotic.

The thing is, although we can't issue foodstamps to a person with an outstanding warrant, we can still issue for everyone else in the household, and we do NOT notify the authorities (in fact we can't) if somebody says yes. Confidentiality laws forbid it.

peace...

Just offering my experience with the question. In the end, it really doesn't matter, because when they run a background check, it'll show whether or not they're a fugitive from justice. And you're right, there are a lot of stupid people who come into the sporting goods stores.

Actually, I wasn't Referring to the Sporting Good's Store as a Place where Stupid People would Generally be, but in the Realm of doing Background Checks, a Stupid Person might Think they are MORE Capable of Tricking the System at Gart Bros than they are at the Sherriff's Office... ;)

peace...

peace...

Actually, I wasn't Referring to the Sporting Good's Store as a Place where Stupid People would Generally be, but in the Realm of doing Background Checks, a Stupid Person might Think they are MORE Capable of Tricking the System at Gart Bros than they are at the Sherriff's Office... ;)

peace...

Ah I see...I agree

There's a bloke doing time - actually I think he's about to be released - who was convicted of armed robbery - think it was a bank - who when he was arrested was stunned that the cops had identified him from cctv records. "But I was wearing the juice," he told them. Someone had convinced him that rubbing lemon juice on your face made it invisible to cctv cameras.

It's the stupid ones who get caught.

this is one of the questions on the NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION.

Do you seek to enter the United States to engage in export control violations, subversive or terrorist activities, or any other unlawful purpose? Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S. Secretary of State? Have you ever participated in persecutions directed by the Nazi government of Germany; or have you ever participated in genocide? Yes O No O

While a YES answer does not automatically signify ineligibility for a visa, if you answered YES you may be required to personally appear before a consular officer.

I'm sure people just line up to say "hell yes, I'm a terrorist and I can't WAIT to participate in my next genocide! It was so much fun the last time I did it!"

The line supervisor in our branch (not my supervisor) pissed off the state police last year because some thief accidentally threw away his ebt card (food stamp debit card) at a campground where he was staying....and the supervisor refused to give out the name of the person the card belonged to without a warrant.

They never did get a warrant, either.

Forum List

Back