Are Wisconsin’s Public Employees Overpaid?

All government employees in this country are overpaid

Roughly how much lower should the base pay of a 2nd Lieutenant in the U.S. Army be?

Ballpark figure...
I always enjoy stupid liberal tricks. Yeah, by "government employee" I was referring first to the military. You knew that of course, which is why it's a stupid liberal trick. I know some young, bright eyed liberal would say this. I didn't specify because I knew it would amuse me. I was right.

So since you went with the obvious, I'll give the obvious correction. All government bureaucrats in this country are overpaid. Probably no one more then government teachers.

Do you know what the average teacher with a masters degree earns compared to the average non-teacher with a masters degree?

Roughly how much lower should the base pay of a 2nd Lieutenant in the U.S. Army be?

Ballpark figure...
I always enjoy stupid liberal tricks. Yeah, by "government employee" I was referring first to the military. You knew that of course, which is why it's a stupid liberal trick. I know some young, bright eyed liberal would say this. I didn't specify because I knew it would amuse me. I was right.

So since you went with the obvious, I'll give the obvious correction. All government bureaucrats in this country are overpaid. Probably no one more then government teachers.

Do you know what the average teacher with a masters degree earns compared to the average non-teacher with a masters degree?

Um...what does it matter?

Shouldn't a person earn whatever their work is worth to their employer? Shouldn't the labor market decide what labor is worth?

"No one believes teacher salaries are the path to great wealth. However, most people don't realize that the average teacher salary is significantly higher than many other professional occupations requiring a 4-year degree. Depending on what and where you teach, you'll find a teacher salary can be quite competitive.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in 2009 median teacher salaries for K-12 positions ranged from an average of $50,380 a year for kindergarten teachers to over $55,150 a year for some secondary school positions."

The BLS also estimates that full-time public teachers work an average of 36.5 hours a week during the school year. With the average school year across much of the United States at usually less than 200 days, teaching salaries start to look even more attractive.
In addition, these numbers don't take into account the benefits that most school districts offer their educators: comprehensive health and life insurance, as well as solid retirement and pension plans. Many school districts also offer to pay for or contribute to a teacher's continuing education.

Most districts pay more based on the amount of college education a teacher has. A master's degree, doctorate or other types of certification, such as special education or vocational certificates, can add thousands of dollars to a base teacher salary each year."

Teacher Salary | Learn the Secrets to Earning a Higher Teacher Salary

Last edited:
They are overpaid compared to the people who pay their salaries. The average teacher salary is over $50K, which is the level of the median household income (which includes more than one wage earner). Per capita income in WI is $21K. Teachers earn far above that at the expense of those who earn far less than they do.Wisconsin QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Who said private sector workers earn less? The earn the same as teachers.

Leaving the issue of benefits out of the equation, teacher salaries in and of themselves average about what the average Wisconsin family earns,

If you want to include benefit packages, then find out what the average benefit package is for the private sector worker? Otherwise you are wrong.:eusa_angel:

The salary of one teacher is what a multi-income average household earns. On a per capital basis, teachers are paid far more than the average worker in WI.

Add in the excessive benefits, and it's even more of a discrepancy.

What does the average non-teacher in Wisconsin, with an education comparable to a Wisconsin teacher make?

Let's compare apples to apples.

Ballpark figure...

WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

A masters degree in film studies has far less market value than a masters in Computer Science or an MBA.

Who said private sector workers earn less? The earn the same as teachers.

Leaving the issue of benefits out of the equation, teacher salaries in and of themselves average about what the average Wisconsin family earns,

If you want to include benefit packages, then find out what the average benefit package is for the private sector worker? Otherwise you are wrong.:eusa_angel:

The salary of one teacher is what a multi-income average household earns. On a per capital basis, teachers are paid far more than the average worker in WI.

What does the average non-teacher in Wisconsin, with an education comparable to a Wisconsin teacher make?

I did make an apples to apples comparison. Those who PAY THE SALARIES are a very proper benchmark.

I still say it's the way Walker went about this. He claims he needs to do something before June. Well why not just an across-the-board freeze on OTHER spending as well, except for emergency services, until June? But I don't see him asking for sacrifices anywhere else. I could be wrong on that, and I'll have to listen to more back and forth as the day progresses.

The taxpayers have already sacrificed. Why not the government employees? I see a good reason to phase in reforms. Currently the priorities have been set to cause no immediate harm to first responders while sustaining other parts of government.

Where's the taxpayer sacrifice in the last 10 years? 20 years? 30 years?

How about Every year before April 15, for the past 30 years.

They average the same B. Now if you want to include the benefits start with private sector CEOs, ...........

"The median expected salary for a typical Chief Executive Officer in the United States is $701,331. "

The biggest shame here is you are also comparing an college educated teacher to a drop out denigrate with a job & expecting the same results. Go hire yourself a bunch of illegal aliens, perverts to teach your children if that makes you happy, hypocrite who got her education and never raised a question about teachers salaries, but now wants to.

Oh. That's lovely. You are now claiming that the comp of WI teachers is paid for by drop out degenerates.

Nice.

And teacher pay is not the same as those who foot the bills. The average teacher comp (in total) is over $90K. That is far more than the household income of $52K (which includes multiple wage earners).

What else could a drop-out be other than a degenerate?

Of course it is the same wages, and like I said you want to kick in benefits, then kick in the private sector benefits.

This isn't rocket science or Fuzzy Math. I gave you a quote showing you are wrong.

Shouldn't a person earn whatever their work is worth to their employer? Shouldn't the labor market decide what labor is worth?

Why did you ask me instead of the person who said everyone who works for the government is overpaid?

I did make an apples to apples comparison. Those who PAY THE SALARIES are a very proper benchmark.

Good,

"The median expected salary for a typical Chief Executive Officer in the United States is $701,331. "

Looks like teachers are underpaid!

They average the same B. Now if you want to include the benefits start with private sector CEOs, ...........

The biggest shame here is you are also comparing an college educated teacher to a drop out denigrate with a job & expecting the same results. Go hire yourself a bunch of illegal aliens, perverts to teach your children if that makes you happy, hypocrite who got her education and never raised a question about teachers salaries, but now wants to.

Oh. That's lovely. You are now claiming that the comp of WI teachers is paid for by drop out degenerates.

Nice.

And teacher pay is not the same as those who foot the bills. The average teacher comp (in total) is over $90K. That is far more than the household income of $52K (which includes multiple wage earners).

Show us where those numbers came from and how both were calculated.

Here you go. The actual total teacher comp averages $100K for the Milwaukee school system. The average base salary is $55K, so the benefits load is over $45K.

Average MPS Teacher Compensation Tops $100k/year | MacIver Institute

Wisconsin Teaching Salaries | How Much Do Wisconsin Teachers Make?

Using the benefits load ratio compared to average salaries for the state comes to over $90K in total comp.

Compare that to the average per capita com data from the BLS.

Wisconsin QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

The difference is huge.

Last edited:

Why did you ask me instead of the person who said everyone who works for the government is overpaid?

Does that mean you don't know?

LOL, here comes the ATTACKS against Walker.

now who didn't SEE THIS COMING.

:lol::lol:

Next up, actual violence. When that happens that Mubarak comparison will be realized - astroturfed activists are the same as the Muslim Brotherhood. Except Walker isn't a dictator, but these union drones might just be on the level of your average Eqyptian thug.

I hope they find union jobs in the Middle East.

Best quote I've seen on the comparison between Wisconsin and Egypt:

Yes, Wisconsin looks a lot like Egypt this week. But while Arabs are fighting to end extraordinary overreach by government, Wisconsin union protesters are fighting to preserve it.

Madison protest: Unions are angry

That quote would have worked better for you if there wasn't mass opposition and hostility towards the protesters in Egypt. As it is you just made your buddies look like the phoney morons they are.

:lol:

Good,

Looks like teachers are underpaid!

What a moron.

Comparing a teacher to a CEO is specious.

Nice.

Oops, I misremembered. The actual total teacher comp averages $100K for the Milwaukee school system. The average base salary is $55K, so the benefits load is over $45K. That's huge.

Using the benefits load ratio compared to average salaries for the state comes to over $90K in total comp.

The difference is huge.

No it is not huge at all. Provide the private sector figure of benefit packages, and you will see what HUGE really means.

The median expected salary for a typical Chief Executive Officer in the United States is $701,331. "

Nice.

Here you go. The actual total teacher comp averages $100K for the Milwaukee school system. The average base salary is $55K, so the benefits load is over $45K.

The difference is huge.

I don't see anywhere in that link where the 'fringe benefits' are broken down dollar for dollar.

All government employees in this country are overpaid

Does this include the government employees who defeated the Nazis, put a man on the moon, built the Hoover Dam and brought energy, water, and roads to the Southwest? Does this include the government employees who furthered computer and internet research so it could be handed off to the private sector? Does include Pentagon and NASA government employees whose hard work and tireless research lead to the technology which caused the 80s consumer electronics boom?

You've been lied to by corporations who own the media. They have given you a narrative which helps them escape their obligation to the taxpayer, whose money has subsidized their wealth.

Please turn off the TV and Talk Radio. You are being used as a useful idiot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back