Are white deaths more important than those of other races ?

]
I would assume they release the information the same way they do for white girls. Do you think thats a problem?

Just looking for possible answers. Maybe it has something to do with white and blacks. Listening to BLM, it seems they have little faith in law enforcement. I would have very high expectations of getting my kid found and law enforcement and the press would be hounded until a major effort was made. Maybe a squeaky wheel thing?

This may very well have a big impact with media coverage. Here we frequently see missing or abused kids on the local/state news, and I'm sure many more are happening but not reported on. Race doesn't seem to have much to do with it, as kids of all races are reported on....initially anyway. But any follow up news stories are few & far between and the few that are I'm sure is because of the families insistence.
There was one particular case of a 2 yo black girl that had disappeared in a parking lot in 1999. Her case had been broadcast nationally, atleast in the beginning stages. Once in a great while the local news does a follow up story of sorts. Since this is only one case out of millions that are never or rarely reported on.......I'd say it's from that 'squeaky wheel' family. Good on them for doing so.

ISIS massacre 16 Real Madrid fans at supporters club

This incident happened a few days ago and has hardly been reported on.

I might be a bit cynical but if this had happened in Madrid rather than Baghdad then 24 hour rolling news would be camped out there for weeks.

Our ignorance of what is going on in the world is fed by a news agenda that operates on a racist level.
Disagree.

We alone are responsible for our ignorance as to what is going on in the world, not a ‘news agenda.’

‘The media’ are a business, no different than any other business: their sole motivation is profit, and they report and program accordingly, absent an ‘agenda.’

And their business model dictates that terrorism in the West sells better than terrorism in the ME; higher ratings, more profit.

I think this all comes back to media bias, in general that media is liberal leaning, therefore it seems liberal media values are to blame.

I might be a bit cynical but if this had happened in Madrid rather than Baghdad then 24 hour rolling news would be camped out there for weeks.

Our ignorance of what is going on in the world is fed by a news agenda that operates on a racist level.
Disagree.

We alone are responsible for our ignorance as to what is going on in the world, not a ‘news agenda.’

‘The media’ are a business, no different than any other business: their sole motivation is profit, and they report and program accordingly, absent an ‘agenda.’

And their business model dictates that terrorism in the West sells better than terrorism in the ME; higher ratings, more profit.
What we see can be down to us but we are all short of time. I have just had 6 months of pretty much sitting on my arse and my range of sources has increased a hell of a lot.
I am seeing a lot more than I did before.
The majority of media is privately owned and their agendas cover their owners prejudices as well as the need to make money.
In the UK we have the BBC as well and they annoy both left and right so are probably ok.
Where the BBC really comes to life is local news. They are the only real local news option and if you can get your cause taken up by the BBC you are halfway there.
Having said that I am generally anti state owned news, Russia Today is a shocking channel but AL Jazeera is pretty good and shines a light in all sorts of places.

We do. We know its for the same reason BLM exists.
When I lived in California, L.A. area, there were efforts to identify and locate any and all children.

I'm in Maryland now and have seen the same effort, but as I said, it has not been a concerted effort and I do find it revealing.

I agree it is shameful.
I guess I am speaking more on a national level. The only time I can remember there being news coverage on Black children nationally is when they discovered there was a serial killer in Atlanta.
I get local amber alerts and it is rare that they are related to black children.

I hope it is because they are least likely to be affected. Which would be a good thing.

I live in an area that is highly diverse and we all look out for each other's children, know who they are, and protect them as if they were our own.

It's a transient area due to Ft. Meade and it's hard to know who's coming and going.
I dont know the numbers but it seems to me they go missing more often than white girls. Maybe I notice it more because i am Black.
42% is unacceptable.

I appreciate you letting me in on it. She is a pretty girl and it is unfortunate.
Here is the page I watch daily.

Rilya Alert (@RilyaAlert) | Twitter

When I lived in California, L.A. area, there were efforts to identify and locate any and all children.

I'm in Maryland now and have seen the same effort, but as I said, it has not been a concerted effort and I do find it revealing.

I agree it is shameful.
I guess I am speaking more on a national level. The only time I can remember there being news coverage on Black children nationally is when they discovered there was a serial killer in Atlanta.
I get local amber alerts and it is rare that they are related to black children.

I hope it is because they are least likely to be affected. Which would be a good thing.

I live in an area that is highly diverse and we all look out for each other's children, know who they are, and protect them as if they were our own.

It's a transient area due to Ft. Meade and it's hard to know who's coming and going.
I dont know the numbers but it seems to me they go missing more often than white girls. Maybe I notice it more because i am Black.
42% is unacceptable.

I appreciate you letting me in on it. She is a pretty girl and it is unfortunate.
Here is the page I watch daily.

Rilya Alert (@RilyaAlert) | Twitter
Thank you

The media is Progressive. The Progs want Islam to be mainstreamed into the West whether it's good for the westerners or not. Ergo they refrain from publishing anything that opens the eyes of the westerners.
That doesnt add up though.Brussels got massive attention and so did Paris before it. I know that they are closer to home but even so a death is a death whatever the victims colour.
Taking politics out of it any natural disasters get coverage in relation to the victims skin colour.
A flood in the UK with people just getting wet feet is more important than 100s drowning in Bangladesh.

And they were desperate as hell to NOT say it was terrorist related. Get real you clown. It's not the color of their skin that matters, it's their religion. You progressives are the biggest apologists for Islamic terror there is.

oh for crying out loud. MLK must to rolling in his grave. the progressive/democrat party and their ilk , for them everything is now color of the persons skin. Electing a so called black President was a waste of time and if anything it has harmed us more with giving him a National podium to stir his nasty race baiting. this op has nothing good ever, everything is for stirring up hate and division

oh for crying out loud. MLK must to rolling in his grave. the progressive/democrat party and their ilk , for them everything is now color of the persons skin. Electing a so called black President was a waste of time and if anything it has harmed us more with giving him a National podium to stir his nasty race baiting. this op has nothing good ever, everything is for stirring up hate and division
White people tend to hate when you mention obvious racial differences and bias then they say dumb shit like "MLK must be rolling over in his grave". If he is then its because whites want to pretend there is no racism.

The media is Progressive. The Progs want Islam to be mainstreamed into the West whether it's good for the westerners or not. Ergo they refrain from publishing anything that opens the eyes of the westerners.
That doesnt add up though.Brussels got massive attention and so did Paris before it. I know that they are closer to home but even so a death is a death whatever the victims colour.
Taking politics out of it any natural disasters get coverage in relation to the victims skin colour.
A flood in the UK with people just getting wet feet is more important than 100s drowning in Bangladesh.

And they were desperate as hell to NOT say it was terrorist related. Get real you clown. It's not the color of their skin that matters, it's their religion. You progressives are the biggest apologists for Islamic terror there is.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Both of those incidents were ISIS and so was the one in Baghdad. Nobody is trying to hide anything.

Forum List

Back